The Student Room Group

IGCSE EDEXCEL BIOLOGY PAPER 1 12TTH MAY...are you ready?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ChloexCharlotte
In the plant structure question, did you call the structure A upper epidermis? Or waxy cuticle? I put upper epidermis but also wrote about the waxy cuticle :confused:

i wrote upper epidermis, the waxy cuticle is the small space before structure A
Original post by examswhizz
I did exactly the same about the eutrophication question... Grrrr that is soooo annoying... I was proud of that answer too!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! I was like: Nailed this! Yaaaas!
Original post by mh99
i wrote upper epidermis, the waxy cuticle is the small space before structure A

Ok cool :smile: I wrote about not letting water evaporate and the fact that it's transparent :smile:
I forgot the word upper, I just wrote epidermis! Hope that doesn't cost me the mark!! Overall went pretty well I think. Biology is my favourite science.
What about the one where it asked how the top cell would look different..

Posted from TSR Mobile
It went well!!
Original post by Richard98
What about the one where it asked how the top cell would look different..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put it wouldn't have any guard cells or stomata, there would just be regular plant cells with the nuclei... There were 20 stomata right?
Original post by Sara_PLL
i think january papers tend to be harder than june papers because they are normally re-sits, so i dont think it will be as hard as jan 2015 but i am still dreading the exam tomorrow!

Exactly what I said to Mr. Bates but he said "no Zahra I don't think so!" Ugh
I put it wouldn't have any guard cells or stomata, there would just be regular plant cells with the nuclei... There were 20 stomata right?

Yesss I wrote 20
Reply 89
Same I wrote 20. What did you get for the other counting one
Original post by s.o
Same I wrote 20. What did you get for the other counting one

For the secchi disks I got 22
How do you obtain the dry mass of the potato...i wrote out it an oven and then measure on measuring scales but idk
Original post by Zahra kosser
For the secchi disks I got 22

Same :smile:
Reply 93
How do you obtain the dry mass of the potato...i wrote out it an oven and then measure on measuring scales but idk

I got 22 too, thats exactly what i wrote but I think its wrong haha because its something about cutting tubules

I guessed all of this but I said put it in a warm dry place on filter paper (chemistry right there :') and evaporate the water out with heat :smile:
Reply 95
I guessed all of this but I said put it in a warm dry place on filter paper (chemistry right there :':wink: and evaporate the water out with heat :smile:

Thats good actually, chem in 2 days ahh, its my favourite science
Original post by s.o
I got 22 too, thats exactly what i wrote but I think its wrong haha because its something about cutting tubules

Some people at my school wrote something about osmosis and putting the potato in a sugary solution so that all the water comes out of potato but I thought that was wrong
Some people at my school wrote something about osmosis and putting the potato in a sugary solution so that all the water comes out of potato but I thought that was wrong

I was going to do that but I decided against it whoops :frown:
Reply 98

I think theres loads of ways to do it, I googled and it said put in an oven as one so fingers crossed
I was going to do that but I decided against it whoops :frown:

Omg same I was going to write that but I though no :frown: But the thing is I've looked online and it said put in oven
http://www.biology-online.org/biology-forum/about13709.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending