The Student Room Group

Ideas to boost my application....

the obvious one: Get high UMS? lol.
oxbridge dont really care about any extracurricular activities you do, just get high UMS, do well on interview/any entrance exams and you will be all prepped up to get an offer
Original post by MaccaWare
I would like to go to Oxbridge to study chemistry or a close subject such as chemical engineering. At present (15) what are some things I can do and in the future when I'm closer to 18.
Things like online courses, regional events, having a article published, any ideas and as much detail for each idea. Also links for helpful websites or those that accompany an idea. Thanks

http://i-want-to-study-engineering.org

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would like to go to Oxbridge to study chemistry or a close subject such as chemical engineering. At present (15) what are some things I can do and in the future when I'm closer to 18.
Things like online courses, regional events, having a article published, any ideas and as much detail for each idea. Also links for helpful websites or those that accompany an idea. Thanks

What?

Chemical engineering has nothing to do with chemistry, maybe instead of trying to figure out how to get into Oxbridge, focus on actually learning what the subject you want to apply to entails?!
Yeah sorry but I'm a little unsure where I exactly want to be, Chemistry would be the core of my learning, but some of the fields I'm thinking about are distantly related yet based on chemistry. So please, ideas for chemistry and/or chemical engineering.
Yeah sorry but I'm a little unsure where I exactly want to be, Chemistry would be the core of my learning, but some of the fields I'm thinking about are distantly related yet based on chemistry. So please, ideas for chemistry and/or chemical engineering.

Oxbridge don't care about your EC's in the slightest, neither do most other UK uni's, focus on getting good grades.

I think it's more important focus on finding out what you're actually interested in to be honest, worry about Oxbridge later.
Original post by Brubeckian
Oxbridge don't care about your EC's in the slightest, neither do most other UK uni's, focus on getting good grades.

I think it's more important focus on finding out what you're actually interested in to be honest, worry about Oxbridge later.

At the moment I don't have any EC or anything really, nothing like prefect etc. I just need some stuff to increase my chance, my grades are solid. Im in Year 10 and achieving a stars in all tests, random tests and coursework.
Reply 7
At the moment I don't have any EC or anything really, nothing like prefect etc. I just need some stuff to increase my chance, my grades are solid. Im in Year 10 and achieving a stars in all tests, random tests and coursework.

As said by others, ECs are not important for Oxbridge. Being a prefect, being Captain of your football school team, etc makes no difference to your application (but obviously are good things to achieve for you personally).

It's all about the academics for Oxbridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing short of competing in IMO is going to increase your chances of getting in, you need to understand; despite what your teachers might tell you, NO ONE cares about your EC's and even your GCSE's to an extent.

Relax. Do well in your A levels.

GG.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending