The Student Room Group

What do you call a bread roll where you live?

Scroll to see replies

Cob, I'd use this if it was a harder bread roll, if it was really soft, then a bap or bread roll.

I've never heard scallop used to refer to a bread roll, I always thought a scallop was a large slice of potato then battered.

Lovely.
Reply 21
Original post by Wilfred Little
Cob, I'd use this if it was a harder bread roll, if it was really soft, then a bap or bread roll.

I've never heard scallop used to refer to a bread roll, I always thought a scallop was a large slice of potato then battered.

Lovely.

I might have confused you there. A scallop is potato that is battered just like in the picture. A bread roll where I'm from is called a batch. This then gives a scallop batch :biggrin:
Original post by iodo345
I might have confused you there. A scallop is potato that is battered just like in the picture. A bread roll where I'm from is called a batch. This then gives a scallop batch :biggrin:

Was my fault sorry, I barely even read the OP. Never had a scallop cob/batch/butty/roll but enjoy a chip butty.

20p a scallop in my chippy. Turn up before closing time and the bloke gives you **** for free.

I forgot to say, I'm in Perry Barr.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Was my fault sorry, I barely even read the OP. Never had a scallop cob/batch/butty/roll but enjoy a chip butty.

20p a scallop in my chippy. Turn up before closing time and the bloke gives you **** for free.

I forgot to say, I'm in Perry Barr.

Urgh chip butties :P but then again, I don't like chips.

My dad and brothers always have pie butties though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest