The Student Room Group

B2 & B3 AQA GCSE - 12th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
There was a 2 marker on ribosomes:
If I remember all I put was they are where proteins are made from amino acids....
Do you reckon thats only 1 mark?
Original post by DeeXiomara
How did everyone workout 400 to be the answer?? :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

4cm=0.1mm
40mm=0.1mm
40/0.1=400
Reply 22
Original post by Mikasadoge
the answer for polydactyl was 1 and cystic fibrosis was 2,
the question was referring to minimum amount of alleles not chromosomes in in meiosis and mitosis. Anyway thanks for lowering the grade boundary!

ahh dammit, thought it didn't sound right! and no problem :wink: haha
Reply 23
yes thats the answer
What did everyone get for the milk/bile question? I made so many stupid errors like for the what is the function of mitochondria I said it made energy for the cell and later on after the exam I realised it was oxygen....oh well. Does anyone have any good revision techniques for the chemistry exam because it's one of my worst subjects and i'm scared of failing.. Also does anyone watch myGCSEscience on YouTube? He makes pretty useful videos, not much for additional but he has huge playlists for b1, p1 and c1.
Reply 25
Original post by gfa_
i put one and two because technically you only need 1 dominant allele for polydactyly (heterozygous), however you need 2 for cystic fibrosis because the disorder is recessive, meaning it is simply impossible for one of the genes to be dominant, however i agree on the question being worded badly, hopefully they will be lenient in the mark scheme! i am dreading chemistry

okay thank you :smile: i was thinking that you would need one per chromosome rather than one per cell; but i get it now. Chemistry is my favourite science, so i'm pretty hopeful for it (besides, i have three hours of chemistry tomorrow so there's no way i won't be ready for thursday!) Just have to get through R.E tomorrow ;/
Reply 26
Original post by dje_
I found it quite hard ;-; I really needed a B or above in this exam too because i want to carry it on :frown: i hope the grade boundaries are low this year..

Yeah same, I would like to take it for A Levels too, but at least its all done now :smile:
Reply 27
I felt that B2 was kinda tricky as some questions made me think harder.
Anyone??? what did you write for this question???

Why was both solution dropping to acidic??
I wrote that milk is acidic in nature. But didn't look at the fatty acids.

B3 was the easiest of all. Nothing really hard came up
Absolutely loved B3! Hope you guys all did well!:smile:
Reply 29
Original post by gilly38
okay thank you :smile: i was thinking that you would need one per chromosome rather than one per cell; but i get it now. Chemistry is my favourite science, so i'm pretty hopeful for it (besides, i have three hours of chemistry tomorrow so there's no way i won't be ready for thursday!) Just have to get through R.E tomorrow ;/

I do agree, it was worded badly.
I wrote 2 & 2
Reply 30
I missed out a page (of only 1 mark questions) on the B2 paper. I intended to go back to to answer them but the time ran out!! :'(

I found the paper generally okay tho!

What answer did you get for the question that required you to calculate the magnification??

I messed that one up properly, I thought it wanted the magnification of cell and it said 0.1mm=4cm. So I measured the cell and it was 7cm. So I did 7dividedby4 which was like 1.75 and times it by 0.1, so my answer was 0.175 - but other people got 400..
Reply 31
4cm=0.1mm
40mm=0.1mm
40/0.1=400

For no reason the 40 mm seemed to me as 71 mm and i wrote 710 as the answer.
Reply 32
Original post by Rup1999
There was a 2 marker on ribosomes:
If I remember all I put was they are where proteins are made from amino acids....
Do you reckon thats only 1 mark?

Yeah that would be; how many marks was it out of?
Reply 33
[QUOTE="LoganF;55710641"]
I missed out a page (of only 1 mark questions) on the B2 paper. I intended to go back to to answer them but the time ran out!! :'(

I found the paper generally okay tho!

What answer did you get for the question that required you to calculate the magnification??

I messed that one up properly, I thought it wanted the magnification of cell and it said 0.1mm=4cm. So I measured the cell and it was 7cm. So I did 7dividedby4 which was like 1.75 and times it by 0.1, so my answer was 0.175 - but other people got 400..

You were really close! ^^ you had to change the 7cm into 70mm, then you would have gotten 0.175. after that, you divide 70 by 0.175 and you get 400.
Reply 34
4cm=0.1mm
40mm=0.1mm
40/0.1=400

Ohhhh!!! I'm so upset I did 40X0.1=4!!!!
Was it 1 or 2 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
[QUOTE="gilly38;55710857"]
Original post by LoganF

You were really close! ^^ you had to change the 7cm into 70mm, then you would have gotten 0.175. after that, you divide 70 by 0.175 and you get 400.

Ah now I understand :smile: - how many marks was this question?
Reply 36
Original post by Camerxn
Both papers were very easy for me, with B2 being slightly easier. Expect a high grade boundary.

What do you think the minimum to get A* is??
How many marks was the magnification question? I left it out :/
Reply 38
Original post by sabaresh
I felt that B2 was kinda tricky as some questions made me think harder.
Anyone??? what did you write for this question???

Why was both solution dropping to acidic??
I wrote that milk is acidic in nature. But didn't look at the fatty acids.

B3 was the easiest of all. Nothing really hard came up

I put something like they both dropped because water is neutral, so it would even out the PH. then bile neutralises substances to a more neutral PH (was a complete guess tbh) the fatty acids would also make the Ph drop
Reply 39
[QUOTE="LoganF;55711047"]
Original post by gilly38

Ah now I understand :smile: - how many marks was this question?

i'm pretty sure it was 2 marks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending