The Student Room Group

How did everyone find the OCR B1 B2 B3 exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h8skoooooool
What on earth was that genes question about drugs in the body? Enzymes? Conversion? It stumped me completely

I wrote some genes are resistant agaisnt certain drugs and thus passed on to offspring.
Edit: whoops got confusied between this and antbiotic resistancy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Echo98
I put boy. One of my friends put the girl but I see it as if you got cancer on your arm due to exposure to ionising radiation, your child isn't going to get it too so for it to be passed on the damage would have to be done to the sex cells :smile:

Yeah, I put the boy too, because it's an environmental change that cannot therefore be passed on genetically- but I was a little confused as to why they would have 'genetic changes' in their cells because of radiation, so...

I also cannot do percentage change...

I got 33.3 recurring?!?! But most of my friends got 700.
Original post by CornwallFlyer
Probably some of the easiest 6 marks questions in any OCR paper ever

Completely agree, never felt so confident about a set of 6 mark questions before
Reply 63
Original post by bamboolie
Yeah, I put the boy too, because it's an environmental change that cannot therefore be passed on genetically- but I was a little confused as to why they would have 'genetic changes' in their cells because of radiation, so...

I have an A* in maths from taking it a year earlier than 80% of my year at school so should be ashamed of myself if I got the percentage question wrong :wink: but none of my friends got 700
Original post by Echo98
I have an A* in maths from taking it a year earlier than 80% of my year at school so should be ashamed of myself if I got the percentage question wrong :wink: but none of my friends got 700

Well, I haven't got a clue... I haven't the foggiest what calculation I even carried out! :s-smilie:

And I'll guess we'll never know as we don't get the papers back
Reply 65
Well, I haven't got a clue... I haven't the foggiest what calculation I even carried out! :s-smilie:

And I'll guess we'll never know as we don't get the papers back

It's kind of annoying that we don't get the papers :frown:
Original post by Echo98
It's kind of annoying that we don't get the papers :frown:

Yeah,even though I'm never doing biology again, I still really want to know exactly how well I've done- not just a final overall grade
Is this for the GCSE triple science exam? Because we have ours next week and thats OCR B1,B2 and B3. Just wondering if this could somehow be the same paper just sat earlier by various places?
Original post by ThrowawayTom
Is this for the GCSE triple science exam? Because we have ours next week and thats OCR B1,B2 and B3. Just wondering if this could somehow be the same paper just sat earlier by various places?

you are probably ocr gateway science which is different to us. your syllabus is more easier

OCR GATEWAY? This is 21st century.
Reply 71

There are different OCR sciences, I'm doing OCR 21st Century triple science so I'm guessing you do gateway
Original post by Kavinthan
you are probably ocr gateway science which is different to us. your syllabus is more easier

Not entirely sure to be honest, just know that we have OCR and and i have 6 exams, one of which is B1,2 and 3. How many exams do you have then in science?
Original post by throwawaytom
not entirely sure to be honest, just know that we have ocr and and i have 6 exams, one of which is b1,2 and 3. How many exams do you have then in science?

1)b1,2,3
2)b4.5.6
3)b7
4)c1,2,3
5)c4.5.6
6)c7
7)p1,2,3
8)p4.5.6
9)p7
Anyone think that the grade boundaries will drop? For Physics P4 P5 P6 last year (June 2014), 33/60 was an A* which is probably because everyone did not do so well. It seems as if most people did not do too well on this paper either
Reply 75

If it's ionising radiation it can knock electrons of atoms and alter the DNA :eek:
Reply 76
[QUOTE="Echo98;55707815"]
Original post by lukewarm 10000

I wrote about it being a different sperm and egg and how that makes them genetically different because of the various different combinations of alleles that come from the parents :s-smilie:

I wrote that there are 2 fertilised eggs, and one splits in two whilst the other stays the same, which is why babies A and B are genetically identical but not baby C :confused:
I revised loaadsss of ADH & it didn't come up -.-
Reply 78
Original post by spaceman11
Anyone think that the grade boundaries will drop? For Physics P4 P5 P6 last year (June 2014), 33/60 was an A* which is probably because everyone did not do so well. It seems as if most people did not do too well on this paper either

Grade boundaries will be high for this B1 B2 B3 exam I think
I agree. It was a pretty easy exam and they won't just give you the marks easily.
Biology has the highest grade boundaries out of the sciences.
Physics has the lowest grade boundaries because it is generally harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply