The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by Tow
Imagine if Edexcel was watching this post and saw that we predicted Nazi consolidation and then decided to change it last minute xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ngl they probably do watch the threads closely. Some of us on this thread may even be... Undercover... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ngl they probably do watch the threads closely. Some of us on this thread may even be... Undercover... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

By the look of that wink... are you... :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't trust anyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 603
Original post by Tow
I can't trust anyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol yeah I work for Edexcel. I'm totally laughing right now because I know what's coming up... Or do I? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Lol yeah I work for Edexcel. I'm totally laughing right now because I know what's coming up... Or do I? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Forget the exam I'm gonna try and figure out if you work for Edexcel! xD

Revision can be postponed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 605
Hahaha. Investigation over - I'm bluffing :wink:

Wish I could have some inside knowledge though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hahaha. Investigation over - I'm bluffing :wink:

Wish I could have some inside knowledge though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn it... I had an excuse not to revise!

You just took it away :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 607
My teacher still hasn't marked a single source question we have given him... Like, perhaps he just forgot to give them back because he's given other classes theirs back?

Anyway, I don't even want to do more questions now in case my method is flawed and get used to the wrong way of answering things. Smh.
Original post by cuppa
My teacher still hasn't marked a single source question we have given him... Like, perhaps he just forgot to give them back because he's given other classes theirs back?

Anyway, I don't even want to do more questions now in case my method is flawed and get used to the wrong way of answering things. Smh.

You could try asking him to give it back and see if he's marked it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 609
Original post by cuppa

I would plan essays and revise content in the mean time. How long before you break up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 610
Original post by Tow
Damn it... I had an excuse not to revise!

You just took it away :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol sorry!

I haven't revised history in about a week which I feel terrible for due to mocks. Will reserve tomorrow afternoon to it :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 611
Original post by Tow
You could try asking him to give it back and see if he's marked it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CD223
I would plan essays and revise content in the mean time. How long before you break up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly keep on forgetting to ask him LOL so kinda my fault

But we break up on the 22nd I think so this and next week! And then only come in for exams. I think I'll get some essays done anyway and just hand them in for marking so I get feedback on several
Reply 612
Original post by cuppa
I honestly keep on forgetting to ask him LOL so kinda my fault

But we break up on the 22nd I think so this and next week! And then only come in for exams. I think I'll get some essays done anyway and just hand them in for marking so I get feedback on several

Sounds sensible. Personally I just plan and don't write essays but I wouldn't say it works for everyone! I'm just lazy haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 613
Original post by CD223
Sounds sensible. Personally I just plan and don't write essays but I wouldn't say it works for everyone! I'm just lazy haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same I'm real lazy when it comes to essays too. But I feel that planning plan B won't be enough because sometimes I find it that plans just down go the way I plan them to sadly haha
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

I write essays xD

I figured planning them is the easy part. An A* plan would be the same as a B plan!

Writing the actual essay is what makes the difference xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
My key points are:

Terror and violence:
- Emergency decree laws, 28th Feb 1933
- SA police brought in (50,000) in Prussia on 23rd Feb 1933
- Dachau concentration camp set up 20th March 1933
- 150,000-200,000 political prisoners arrested in 1933
- March elections and Enabling Law vote contested with SA intimidation

Pragmatism:
- Speech to Reichstag committing to conservative values, 1st Feb 1933
- International Labour Day celebrated, 1st May 1933 to please workers before TUs shut down next day
- Concordat with Papacy, 20th July 1933 meant church reduced its political influence but not religious influence - any further oppression of churches would bring opposition
- Law for the Restoration of the Professional Civil Service, 7th April 1933 cut only 5% of civil servants - Hitler needed them to co-operate so the state could function

Key support:
- Hindenburg happy to pass emergency decree laws
- Potsdam Day impresses Hindenburg and Kaiser's son
- Elites happy for Hitler to consolidate power so a compliant mass movement could be taken advantage of at a later date when Hitler would be deposed and replaced by an authoritarian alternative

Veneer of legality:
- Emergency decree laws cement in law the legal discrimination of KPD members
- March elections 'prove' Nazis to rise in popularity - from 33.1% to 43.5% November 1932 to March 1933
- All other parties legally banned by 14th July 1933.

I suppose you could mention Night of the Long Knives, but not if the question restricted it to 1933.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: x
Reply 616
Original post by cuppa
Yeah same I'm real lazy when it comes to essays too. But I feel that planning plan B won't be enough because sometimes I find it that plans just down go the way I plan them to sadly haha

Ah that's fair enough! I've neglected history too much lately. I'm terrible at prioritising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 617
Original post by Tow
I write essays xD

I figured planning them is the easy part. An A* plan would be the same as a B plan!

Writing the actual essay is what makes the difference xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I mean once you've got the structure nailed it feels like a bit of a time waste by physically writing it instead of brushing up on other key content.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 618
Original post by Bunny2014
Thank you :smile: x

No worries! How's your revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
No worries! How's your revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello :smile:

Yeah its going good thanks, hows yours coming along?

What would be the key points for this question?

To what extent do you agree that the war economy lacked the efficiency to meet the demands of total war"?

Thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending