The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Biology - Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by s.o
Woo finally someone else:biggrin:
I think glycogen is right because a girl seemed way too confident when I asked her the answer lol XD

Lawl. I think it is - kept on changing between glucose or glycogen - thank god I decided on glycogen instead unlike in my french exam where I just chose the right answer then crossed it out for a wrong one...

Original post by Foreboding
fungi store carbohydrates as glycogen and I'm pretty sure you don't need to measure fermentera in that 4 mark genetic modification question

yh, probz not as all the plasmid restriction enzyme ligase stuff would probably take up a lot of the marks on the mark scheme

When I opened the paper I was like: 'I'm going to ace this!' when I saw the label one - little did I know what was hidden in the depths.
Original post by s.o
I was kinda confused so I did experimental techniques such as electronic balance and repeat xD

i wrote osmosis too
Reply 182
Original post by turn-to-page394
When I opened the paper I was like: 'I'm going to ace this!' when I saw the label one - little did I know what was hidden in the depths.

This though ^^

On the 2nd question I got mixed up SO much before I got it right, it would have been easier if they kept the shaded as DD
Original post by Ainajay
It's 41.6

ya but if you round it up then it's 41.7 to two sig figs; doesnt matter anyways either is correct
Ugh this exam!! I think I did okay though. Some of the questions were a bit odd to me though. Like all the questions that said suggest why? There were way too many in my opinion. I've done/read through all of the past papers and this exam seemed to have the most.

The plant questions threw me off a little.
(edited 8 years ago)
was there any question u guys found hard or didn't know the answer to ?
Original post by s.o
This though ^^

On the 2nd question I got mixed up SO much before I got it right, it would have been easier if they kept the shaded as DD

Ahaha, they just had to mix things up a bit with the shading didn't they....
That was probably one of my better questions tbf - too much 'I will not fall for your tricks mwahaha' (then I promptly did in every other question.... )
Original post by Ambrosia_angel
Ugh this exam!! I think I did okay though. Some of the questions were a bit odd to me though. Like all the questions that said suggest why? There were way too many in my opinion. I've done/read through all of the past papers and this exam seemed to have the most.

The plan questions threw me off a little.

exactly, i felt the same way! like nothing hard was there, no cloning or natural selection, it was like everything not found in most past papers
Original post by techfan42
was there any question u guys found hard or didn't know the answer to ?

the what organ is ventilation question- i put lungs then changed in last minute to trachea, but everyones saying lungs so i dont know
Original post by Yuuchin1
the what organ is ventilation question- i put lungs then changed in last minute to trachea, but everyones saying lungs so i dont know

i wrote lungs, but i think they'll allow trachea
are u guys ready for chemistry?
Reply 191
Original post by turn-to-page394
Ahaha, they just had to mix things up a bit with the shading didn't they....
That was probably one of my better questions tbf - too much 'I will not fall for your tricks mwahaha' (then I promptly did in every other question.... )

Do you remember what you got?
I like discussing answers until I find out I got them wrong
i wrote lungs, but i think they'll allow trachea

ha thanks for the reassurance- like what is ventilation even supposed to mean in this
exactly, i felt the same way! like nothing hard was there, no cloning or natural selection, it was like everything not found in most past papers

I was so prepared for natural selection.... :frown: Like mark scheme perfection....
And homeostasis!!!!

It was like they finally realised that they should test some other (totally random and stupid 'suggest') stuff for once... Like 'oops we haven't done that in a while, let's just shove it all in this one. Ya know, like you do. '
What happened to an even mix...
Reply 194

I think so, its my strongest from the 3 sciences
Wow, check out #IGCSEBiology on Twitter, absolutely hilarious :biggrin:

if ready= gonna get good marks, then no
if ready= prepare mental state for failure and reach enlightenment (aka. the state where you say who gives), then yes.
which one did you guys find hard ?
Original post by katemolloy
i put its dangerous but i honestly dont know and dont think thats right

I put something similar, about how it's a more invasive procedure etc. because they're inside the body, while testes hang outside so the sperm ducts are more accessible...
Original post by s.o
Do you remember what you got?
I like discussing answers until I find out I got them wrong

what did you write for the one with the cross section of the leaf and all the section describe how they participate in photosynthesis things...???

Quick Reply