The Student Room Group

Pygmy genocide - why are humans so horrible!? :(

Ugh, I was just reading about an ethnic group called the Pygmies in central Africa and the Congo. They are the shortest people on the planet, averaging 4 foot 11.

Unfortunately, many of their normal-height neighbours consider them "devils" and "subhuman", and they are often hunted down for sport or eaten as it is believed cannibalising a pygmy can give you magical powers. Other times they are enslaved, or raped.

What the actual ****? I mean, what is wrong with that area of the world? I would have thought seeing these little people, a normal person's sense of empathy would make them want to protect them, not enslave or slaughter them :frown: :angry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmy_peoples#Reports_of_genocide

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No one cares because its black people killing other black people in Africa, and there is no political or financial gain to be exploited for the various grievance ( race, sexuality, religious, gender etc...) industries.

If pygmies were being killed by non Africans, then you would hear about it.
Original post by capitalismstinks
No one cares because its black people killing other black people in Africa, and there is no political or financial gain to be exploited for the various grievance ( race, sexuality, religious, gender etc...) industries.

That's half true, but in fact pygmies are a different race to Bantu, who most people regard as "Africans" simply because they're the vast majority of African Americans. The same thing has happened to the Khoisan bushmen in South Africa, and who are the real natives of that country.

Bantu have been allowed to genocide weaker and less intelligent African races because racism and genocide are currently regarded as behaviours exclusive to whites. Under the colonial governments, this sort of behaviour was restrained.
Original post by Observatory
That's half true, but in fact pygmies are a different race to Bantu, who most people regard as "Africans" simply because they're the vast majority of African Americans. The same thing has happened to the Khoisan bushmen in South Africa, and who are the real natives of that country.

Bantu have been allowed to genocide weaker and less intelligent African races because racism and genocide are currently regarded as behaviours exclusive to whites. Under the colonial governments, this sort of behaviour was restrained.

Yes, you are correct.

The race industry does not care about racism, just profit. So these events and nuances are ignored and downplayed. No money to be had here and certainly no political gain.
Dunno why did Black people do the Rwandan genocide?

Why do Black people kill Boer (Dutch speaking South Africans) and Black immigrants in South Africa?

Spoiler

there are different types of black people? woah
Reply 6

You're spot on. A news story will generate more revenue and hype when they're about things society perceives as a threat. Conflicts within Africa have become normalised therefore fewer people care and it becomes less profitable to write about them.

If it was asians or whites doing killing Pygmies, that would instantly make headlines because the apparent racism would get people talking. This is just the tragic nature of journalism.
(edited 8 years ago)
what about the millions of farm animals that get killed worldwide? Do they not have rights just because they aren't human? What is it that makes humans so special?
Yes, you are correct.

The race industry does not care about racism, just profit. So these events and nuances are ignored and downplayed. No money to be had here and certainly no political gain.

I'm not sure it's a financial conspiracy, I just think people have to reduce most situations to crude stereotypes to deal with information overload, short attention span, and lack of interest.

It does not surprise me at all that racism is a universal phenomenon.
Reply 9
Well our anti-White post racial society wants you to believe White's invented slavery and racism. That all White's owned slaves (ridiculous few did and could afford to) and are forever guilty and can never be victims.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CancerousProblem
what about the millions of farm animals that get killed worldwide? Do they not have rights just because they aren't human? What is it that makes humans so special?

What about the thousands of gazelle that get killed on the plains of Africa?
Original post by CancerousProblem

Are you comparing people to animals?
Original post by donutellme
Are you comparing people to animals?

People are animals...

Absolutely spot on.
Blacks don't care about Africa.

Look at Floyd Mayweather. $250 million he made in one fight! When asked will he ever donate any of his money to Africa.

Do you know what he said?

What has Africa ever done for me...

He'll just waste it all and end up broke.
Original post by CaucasianRìghts
Blacks don't care about Africa.

Look at Floyd Mayweather. $250 million he made in one fight! When asked will he ever donate any of his money to Africa.

Do you know what he said?

What has Africa ever done for me...

He'll just waste it all and end up broke.

Why would he care? It is not his home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure it's a financial conspiracy, I just think people have to reduce most situations to crude stereotypes to deal with information overload, short attention span, and lack of interest.

It does not surprise me at all that racism is a universal phenomenon.

Well, i have to disagree here because the grievance industries are driven by money. It goes back a long way as well. Much longer than people think. This quote from Booker T Washington over a hundred years ago is very interesting.

“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”
Original post by WhitesRDiverse
Dunno why did Black people do the Rwandan genocide?

Why do Black people kill Boer (Dutch speaking South Africans) and Black immigrants in South Africa?

Spoiler

Yes and colonialism had no part in building up competition and hatred between communities :rolleyes:
Society is messed up, thats why.
Genocide is dreadful wherever it happens. I've always found it sad that we focus on some, and then completely ignore the suffering of others.

Original post by ridwan12
Yes and colonialism had no part in building up competition and hatred between communities :rolleyes:

That's right, everywhere in Africa was nice and peaceful before the white man came. There was no war and communities respected each other's' rights to exist. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending