The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Glenside Campus Accommodation

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone doing a healthcare course would be able to give me any insight into what it's like to live at Glenside or The Hollies?(or anywhere else nearby for that matter) I'm really unsure what would be the best one to choose. :frown:
Thanks!
Reply 1
This may be too late of a reply but I'm currently living at Glenside, I started my Children's Nursing course in September 2014. The best thing is that for theory you are based mainly at Glenside so living on site is a total benefit. Glenside accommodation quality totally depends on the flat, it's expensive but I wouldn't change due to the convenience of living on site. For the hollies many of my friends like the accommodation but don't like the atmosphere over there... I'd definitely choose Glenside again if I had the chance, hollies as a second chance and frenchay as third.. Wouldn't consider city centre due to being so far out but totally depends what type of thing you're after! Hope that helps'
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Im going to be starting adult nursing in september 2015 but am basing my accommodation at frenchay campus its much nicer for what youre paying for!
Original post by Alicea95
This may be too late of a reply but I'm currently living at Glenside, I started my Children's Nursing course in September 2014. The best thing is that for theory you are based mainly at Glenside so living on site is a total benefit. Glenside accommodation quality totally depends on the flat, it's expensive but I wouldn't change due to the convenience of living on site. For the hollies many of my friends like the accommodation but don't like the atmosphere over there... I'd definitely choose Glenside again if I had the chance, hollies as a second chance and frenchay as third.. Wouldn't consider city centre due to being so far out but totally depends what type of thing you're after! Hope that helps'

Are there any en-suite rooms at all in glenside? I really liked it but couldn't find any ensuite rooms unfortunately :/
Original post by emmajsmith
Im going to be starting adult nursing in september 2015 but am basing my accommodation at frenchay campus its much nicer for what youre paying for!

I agree with you!! I'll be studying Radiotherapy in September 2015, probably going with Student Village in Frenchay because of ensuite rooms etc. what accommodation have you chosen?
Original post by RadioStudent007
I agree with you!! I'll be studying Radiotherapy in September 2015, probably going with Student Village in Frenchay because of ensuite rooms etc. what accommodation have you chosen?

I'm glad someone else is thinking the same! I've gone with wallscourt park as my first choice then student village as second, the ensuite rooms are a winner though so good choice!
I'm glad someone else is thinking the same! I've gone with wallscourt park as my first choice then student village as second, the ensuite rooms are a winner though so good choice!

Woo!! I am glad too!!:-) Are there any buses from near our accommodation to Glenside Campus? I've made a huge mistake - I haven't seen any of the accommodation at UWE. Have you seen the rooms at Student Village? Hope they aren't too bad!! And goodluck for your exams!! Excited to meet everyone at uni :-)
Woo!! I am glad too!!:-) Are there any buses from near our accommodation to Glenside Campus? I've made a huge mistake - I haven't seen any of the accommodation at UWE. Have you seen the rooms at Student Village? Hope they aren't too bad!! And goodluck for your exams!! Excited to meet everyone at uni :-)

Yeah I had a look there's buses every 20 mins or so to glenside and there's more frequent buses to the city centre which is good! Me neither don't worry! I saw the glenside accomodation and wasn't keen but frenchay is a newly built campus so expect it to be nicer and it's more student like with bars and gym ect, and I think it will be good to join people who aren't always doing health care as well! Thank you but I did my exams 2 years ago so don't have to worry with that, but good luck to you, you'll do well!
Yeah I had a look there's buses every 20 mins or so to glenside and there's more frequent buses to the city centre which is good! Me neither don't worry! I saw the glenside accomodation and wasn't keen but frenchay is a newly built campus so expect it to be nicer and it's more student like with bars and gym ect, and I think it will be good to join people who aren't always doing health care as well! Thank you but I did my exams 2 years ago so don't have to worry with that, but good luck to you, you'll do well!

Okay that's great and reassuring haha!! Yeah that sounds good, I've just firmed UWE via ucas track so hopefully will be receiving accommodation link soon. Ooh I see!! But I suppose you'll need to pay extra for the gym membership or is it included in the rent? Not a problem and omg wow lucky you!! Haha thanks, I've got 4 exams this week :-o and yes you're right, by living at Frenchay we could increase our friendship circle which is good

Btw do you know of any groups etc. on fb? It'd be great if you could send me the link?
Okay that's great and reassuring haha!! Yeah that sounds good, I've just firmed UWE via ucas track so hopefully will be receiving accommodation link soon. Ooh I see!! But I suppose you'll need to pay extra for the gym membership or is it included in the rent? Not a problem and omg wow lucky you!! Haha thanks, I've got 4 exams this week :-o and yes you're right, by living at Frenchay we could increase our friendship circle which is good

Btw do you know of any groups etc. on fb? It'd be great if you could send me the link?

Oh exciting, I read that if you make a choice on accomodation by 8th June you're guaranteed a place! Yeah pay extra for the gym but I can't imagine it's that expensive were poor students at the end of the day! Haha but I've been there I hated all the revision and exams, just think of the long summer you have off afterwards! Good luck though, what exams have you got? No I don't know any groups but I'm sure there will be more over summer as uni gets closer!
Oh exciting, I read that if you make a choice on accomodation by 8th June you're guaranteed a place! Yeah pay extra for the gym but I can't imagine it's that expensive were poor students at the end of the day! Haha but I've been there I hated all the revision and exams, just think of the long summer you have off afterwards! Good luck though, what exams have you got? No I don't know any groups but I'm sure there will be more over summer as uni gets closer!

Oh I see!! Thanks for telling me that!! Does it give you your first choice normally for accommodation? Because I don't want to go anywhere except the student village at Frenchay hhaha!!! Omg Bristol is so expensive in terms of ervything and true hahahh might need to get a job despite our stressful placements :-O

Haha I don't blame you, even if I had to look back after doing my a levels, I wouldn't be so keen!!! Exams, stress arghhhh hahaha oh I've got chemistry, physics, maths and Urdu (my first language) this week :-/ what a levels did you do? Thank you!!! :-) what a levels did you do?

I hope they do, just so we get to know whose on our course etc etc
(edited 8 years ago)

Btw how long does uwe take to send you the link for the accommodation? I only firmed them yesterday so idk, I'm slightly worried as well because of the 8th of June approaching soon 🔜 :-O :-/
Btw how long does uwe take to send you the link for the accommodation? I only firmed them yesterday so idk, I'm slightly worried as well because of the 8th of June approaching soon 🔜 :-O :-/

I'm not sure I accepted them as my first choice in January then didn't get a link for accomodation until may so quite a while! They will send it though don't panic! Hope your exams are going well this week :smile:
I'm not sure I accepted them as my first choice in January then didn't get a link for accomodation until may so quite a while! They will send it though don't panic! Hope your exams are going well this week :smile:

Oh I see, that's a real long time!! But they say on their website that they start giving out offers for accommodation from June onwards which means you got yours quite early in a way? Yeah, I just hope I get my first choice accommodation !! And thank you so much, I'm managing them okay!! :-)

And also, have you applied for the NHS Bursary? When I was selecting my course, it only showed "Radiotherapy 36 weeks" but apparently Radiotherapy is usually 44 weeks according to a post on today's Q&A live web-chat.. I'm so confused! :-/
And also, have you applied for the NHS Bursary? When I was selecting my course, it only showed "Radiotherapy 36 weeks" but apparently Radiotherapy is usually 44 weeks according to a post on today's Q&A live web-chat.. I'm so confused! :-/

Im not eligable for the nhs bursary so it doesnt apply to me and i dont know anything about it or about the radiotherapy course so cant help you out, sorry!
Im not eligable for the nhs bursary so it doesnt apply to me and i dont know anything about it or about the radiotherapy course so cant help you out, sorry!

It's okay no problem! Thanks anyway!! :-)
Anyone heard anything back regarding the accommodation???
any nursing graduate or current student at UWE Bristol, do you get enough support on your course and how is lectures like? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending