IGCSE Edexcel Biology - Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by techfan42
which one did you guys find hard ?

Dry mass and the disk thingy question
Original post by aacargo
Wow, check out #IGCSEBiology on Twitter, absolutely hilarious :biggrin:

"i feel that the person making this exam hated men #women4thewin" hahahahaha wow
does anyone of you know how to like start a forum or thread where you can help people with subject doubts and stuff and help them ?

Cuz im really new to the website and i really want to like help people with their weak subjects
Original post by samanthaclarkson
for the question about whats in the testes and what does it do do you just write that its testosterone and promotes male secondary sexual characteristics eg deepening of voice?

I put that, and that it stimulates the production of sperm...I think :s-smilie:
"RT @rohanpopat: When you so mad you lost UR secchi disk, you lock people in a room with mosquitos #IGCSEBiology"
my stomach is aching from all this banter- and hydrochloric acid production
Original post by Yuuchin1
"i feel that the person making this exam hated men #women4thewin" hahahahaha wow

"Just dissected a rat, became a farmer, made growth hormones from a bacteria and attacked people with mosquitoes #IGCSEBiology #gooddayswork "

this had me on the floor hahaha
Reply 206
What do you mean about the mixed up DD
Me too. Like all that revision on osmoregulation, the human body and plants and they gave us secchi disks and garlic? I feel like the exam had very little to do with biology and more to do with common sense and creating experiments. This isn't suppose to be an IQ exam..

Original post by aacargo
Wow, check out #IGCSEBiology on Twitter, absolutely hilarious :biggrin:

That is funny! Lets hope the people who created this exam are on this thread and twitter.
Original post by torilee
i put something similar, about how it's a more invasive procedure etc. Because they're inside the body, while testes hang outside so the sperm ducts are more accessible...

i wrote this yess
Original post by megmogs101
what did you write for the one with the cross section of the leaf and all the section describe how they participate in photosynthesis things...???

layer A was like the upper epidermis and waxy cuticle; you had to say it helps by preventing entry of disease-causing microorganisms interfering with the process

layer B was like the palisade cells it was like they contain lots of chloroplasts so they can absorb light energy

layer C was like the spongy cells i think that was about how they were loosely-packed cells with air spaces to absorb carbon dioxide to diffuse into the leaf for the process of photosynthesis and allow it to get to the palisade layer

struture D was like the stomata and guard cells so they are the pores or openings which allow the CO2 to be diffused inside for the process and go to the spongy cells and O2 to diffuse outside as a waste gas
Reply 210
What was the grade boundry
Dry and fresh mass anybody?!
does anyone of you know how to like start a forum or thread where you can help people with subject doubts and stuff and help them ?

Cuz im really new to the website and i really want to like help people with their weak subjects

Well, you can create a new thread (post button at top in green bar) but there is the whole 'study help' forum where people just post threads when they get stuck and you can reply to their threads with help and stuff.

You can't create a whole forum though - that lies in the hand of the mods. :smile:
layer A was like the upper epidermis and waxy cuticle; you had to say it helps by preventing entry of disease-causing microorganisms interfering with the process

layer B was like the palisade cells it was like they contain lots of chloroplasts so they can absorb light energy

layer C was like the spongy cells i think that was about how they were loosely-packed cells with air spaces to absorb carbon dioxide to diffuse into the leaf for the process of photosynthesis and allow it to get to the palisade layer

struture D was like the stomata and guard cells so they are the pores or openings which allow the CO2 to be diffused inside for the process and go to the spongy cells and O2 to diffuse outside as a waste gas

I love you
My mind is at a lot of peace now. thank you lool
Original post by PalwashaAyubb
It was specifically written that draw a bar chart and line graph would obviously get a 0

normally get half marks for doing the wrong chart, make sure you check mark schemes Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 19.11.29.png
Original post by Jpjp
What was the grade boundry

It's not out yet.

Hopefully it's low. :frown:

Original post by aacargo
"Just dissected a rat, became a farmer, made growth hormones from a bacteria and attacked people with mosquitoes #IGCSEBiology #gooddayswork "

this had me on the floor hahaha

:biggrin: The mosquitoes and garlic was totally messed up.

The marker is going to worry about our generation when they see all the sadistic methods we came up with for that experiment. :colondollar: Too bad.
Reply 217
Original post by torilee
I put that, and that it stimulates the production of sperm...I think :s-smilie:

FSH or LH Stimulates production
Original post by turn-to-page394
It's not out yet.

Hopefully it's low. :frown:

:biggrin: The mosquitoes and garlic was totally messed up.

The marker is going to worry about our generation when they see all the sadistic methods we came up with for that experiment. :colondollar: Too bad.

Yeah, I'm genuinely worrying that I didn't lock my people in a room with mosquitoes, I just let them do their own thing - never thought THAT'd be something I worried about!!
It was because if the stomata were in the bottom then water vapor would not be able to escape because of the concentration gradient. In order for water to move out of the stomata it has to be from an area of high concentration to an are of low concentration which would not be possible if it is moving into water!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending