The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B2 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by isachambers112
What about the last question on the paper, mendel and his findings and why other scientists didn't think it was important ?

sumone in my class put down (cuz he didnt have a clue) he wrote ' Because monks werent considered as brainy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: ' lol:biggrin:
Original post by _wikipedia
did anyone get the answer as to why ribosomes cannot be seen under a light microscope? It frustrated me so much:s-smilie:

i just said they're too tiny...probs wrong..i think it might have been one of those questions thats less complicated than you think
Original post by kwstudent
sumone in my class put down (cuz he didnt have a clue) he wrote ' Because monks werent considered as brainy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: ' lol:biggrin:

to be fair he might get a mark for saying he was a monk hahahah
Original post by _wikipedia
did anyone get the answer as to why ribosomes cannot be seen under a light microscope? It frustrated me so much:s-smilie:

I put that ribosomes are too small to be seen under a light microscope:s-smilie:
Reply 204
Original post by shots-fired
I got 3:1

SAMEE!
Original post by isachambers112
What about the last question on the paper, mendel and his findings and why other scientists didn't think it was important ?

1) he wasn't a scientist; he was a monk
2) lack of knowledge and evidence on genes :smile:
@_wikipedia nope, i guessed and said that they were invisible, oh no

@ellen199 it was towards the end i think, it was definitely in there. the mendel question was at the end & the mitosis question was i think page 4 or 5

@kwstudent i did the same, i mean about the length of the leaf :smile:
Original post by asxhaa
SAMEE!

yessss :smile:
Oh and for the ratio question I literally just put the numbers given in a ratio
Original post by ellen199
to be fair he might get a mark for saying he was a monk hahahah

yeah mebe!
Mendel musta been pretty 'peed' off with peas anyway :biggrin:
Reply 210
I got really confused with the person one 77 thing as well because I measured it over 80 as well. Then I realised that the question was asking what the stroke volume was at after 1 minute and the stroke volume was 77 at 1 minute, not the highest point of the graph which was over 80.
Original post by ladyrailly

@ellen199 it was towards the end i think, it was definitely in there. the mendel question was at the end & the mitosis question was i think page 4 or 5

yeah i thought it was pretty obvious that ques...like wot else wud they use the ruler for?? Measuring the rays of light?!! :biggrin:
Original post by ladyrailly

do you remember what other question was on the page with the mitosis/meiosis question
Original post by imyleighx
I put that ribosomes are too small to be seen under a light microscope:s-smilie:

That's what I put as well; probably the right answer because "A mitochondria is 500-1000 nanometers . A ribosome is 20nm" And you could see the mitochondria in the diagram
Reply 214
Pretty sure it's right and that you need an electron microscope to see them.
For the question about heterozygous and homozygous, did anyone else put Homo, Homo, Hetero?
Original post by ellen199
do you remember what other question was on the page with the mitosis/meiosis question

Mendel and his peas
The genectic diagram

i thinkkkkk
Reply 217
Original post by jonahfromtonga
For the question about heterozygous and homozygous, did anyone else put Homo, Homo, Hetero?

Yeah I did too, cause F1 plants were either either carriers or homo again
Original post by jonahfromtonga

i did!
Original post by kwstudent
Mendel and his peas
The genectic diagram

i thinkkkkk

ohh right okay thank you i didn't miss that so maybe i just accidentally missed that one question raaaaa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending