The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm twenty-four, my boyfriend is thirty-six. Been going out for over two years now, and it's going blissfully well :smile: Before that, when I was twenty-one I had a boyfriend of thirty-three. Been trying to date guys closer to my age, but that never really went anywhere.
Was with a 16 year old when i was 20, never had an age problem.

I've just gone 26 and would go 17-34 i think.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
how you meet her?

through a friend. We got chatting, got on well, the rest you can guess lol
Briefly dated someone who was 37 when I was 24. Couldn't see it anywhere and he was way too close to his ex for my liking.

He then mentioned marriage when we weren't even together. :s-smilie:
Original post by BeDirectWomen
How old is your partner and how old were you when you met?

sorry id rather not be that specific
Reply 45
I was 17 and he was 22, I ended up teaching him things in the bedroom and had to constantly reassure him. Everyone else has been younger and less annoying - believe it or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 22 and he's 20, but 3 academic years between us.
Doesn't sound like much but I do notice it sometimes.
As others have said it really depends on the person.

I tend to notice it because I'm very independent and have a lot of freedom. I've been financially independent from my mum since I started uni at 18, I've managed my mum's finances since I was 17 and been making big decisions for the household since 14/15. So I guess I feel older than my 22 years :tongue:

However he's the youngest of three siblings (there's about 10 years between them) so he's the baby of his family and as he's not taken out any student finance he's entirely funded by his parents. So although in some ways he's mature and responsible and looks after himself (great cook for example and he looks after me a lot), I do occasionally feel like the gap is much bigger.

That said, we've been together 5 months now and I don't see this breaking us up. At least not now :smile:
Original post by BeDirectWomen
An older woman? That's unusual, usually the guy is the older one.

The double standards on this forum, bloody hell. The horror only applies when an older man is shagging a female, but not the other way around. It becomes "unusual" but there is no outcry of revulsion, "nonce" name calling etc. Totally hypocritical if you ask me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I've been dommed by a 37 year old before. I'm 21. She was gorgeous. #kinklife
I'm so embarrassed to admit this but here goes when I was 18 I date a guy who was 44, biggest mistake of my life now almost 21 I came of across him recently and he has new wife whilst I was on vacation with my family. I almost died and he was checking me out even now.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm so embarrassed to admit this but here goes when I was 18 I date a guy who was 44, biggest mistake of my life now almost 21 I came of across him recently and he has new wife whilst I was on vacation with my family. I almost died and he was checking me out even now.

How long did you date for? Were you bothered about his age? What happened?
My boyfriend just turned 30 and I am 26. He's the oldest guy I've been with. But I've dated guys who were 4-5 years younger than me. Found all the guys aged 18-mid twenties always immature/insecure and lacking in some way. Most of them seemed to be at that stage where they still need to prove their manliness. I know it's not the same for all and that many 30+ are still like babies but... yeah, really glad to be with an older guy. Such a difference.
(edited 8 years ago)
41 when I was 22. Best thing ever.
No. I don't think I could go beyond 5 years, tbh (early 20s here.) And certainly not any younger.

Someone in his 30s being interested in me wouldn't be flattering, I'd question what kind of person he is to want to go out with someone so much younger, more immature and at such a different stage of their life to him.
Original post by Wilfred Little
26 year old when I was 16.

You dated a 26 yr old girl when you were 16? Wow.
Reply 55
23, so 4 year age gap.

Didn't make too much of a difference.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IWantToBeThere
You dated a 26 yr old girl when you were 16? Wow.

Na, shagged her.
Original post by Meyrin
No. I don't think I could go beyond 5 years, tbh (early 20s here.) And certainly not any younger.

Someone in his 30s being interested in me wouldn't be flattering, I'd question what kind of person he is to want to go out with someone so much younger, more immature and at such a different stage of their life to him.

I would question it too, because it sounds like you're quite dour. The word "immature", as used by you, describes only yourself. Little women bed-wetting over irrelevant age gaps, it's ridiculous. Don't worry. Nobody interesting with any experience is going to ask a worried little lady out on a date, you're quite safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meyrin

Ouch

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was just 17, he was nearly 30, we met at dancing and hit it off straight away.

He thought I was older than I was and I let him believe that because I liked him and didn't want to scare him off. He asked me out and we grew closer and closer, forgetting the age gap and focusing on the fact that we're so incredibly compatible. His family weren't completely convinced when he first told them, but everyone was on board after they saw us together.

Four years later, I'm 21 and he's 34, I'm graduating from uni and he's bought a house and we'll be moving in together in a couple of weeks' time.

If I have my way, this will last a lifetime!

Latest

Trending

Trending