The Student Room Group

AQA AS Geography unit 1 12th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shannon56
Same, I just chose the one I was more comfortable with :smile:

I think that was the better option, I'm just worried about Friday's exam no, have any revision tips? Or what topics to revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jordcook
I think that was the better option, I'm just worried about Friday's exam no, have any revision tips? Or what topics to revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just revise the course work and make sure you know loads of data, clearly understand your hypothesises!

Understand how to work out the deviation and Spear mans rank coefficient.. Apparently they might ask us to draw a field sketch of the valley we studied.... not the sketch map but the actually valley. :smile:
Just revise the course work and make sure you know loads of data, clearly understand your hypothesises!

Understand how to work out the deviation and Spear mans rank coefficient.. Apparently they might ask us to draw a field sketch of the valley we studied.... not the sketch map but the actually valley. :smile:

Right ok then, thank you, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right ok then, thank you, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome, I've already done it once haha! :smile:
Did anybody see the Malthus theory on the population question? With references to others such as Boserup, Simon and the Club of Rome?
I actually only revised 5 days before the exam! I just crammed.. I was re-sitting last years AS exam this year and may have forgotten how much there was in the modules...I risked the things that weren't in it last year.. May have paid off lol

Yep upper course knickpoints from waterfalls, erosion or rapids, therefore smoother down coast, think i smashed the whole paper!!
Original post by Tarnybxxx
Did anybody see the Malthus theory on the population question? With references to others such as Boserup, Simon and the Club of Rome?

I don't think that was in the exam I did, because I didn't come across that

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it was a really good exam paper but possibly with the Protential for a lot of silly mistakes where you could miss marks. Many have said it seemed more like a GCSEs paper so I feel like the grade boundaries could be really high,fingers crossed there not though!
You're welcome, I've already done it once haha! :smile:

So you have a better chance of getting good marks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think that was in the exam I did, because I didn't come across that

Posted from TSR Mobile

The question was in 2 parts the essay first of migration on population structure i used Eu migration to England ageing population and then it said about the balance between population and resource which is a Malthus theory of famine? And other theories consisted
Feeling Gooood :smile:))
So you have a better chance of getting good marks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully! Good luck :smile:
The question was in 2 parts the essay first of migration on population structure i used Eu migration to England ageing population and then it said about the balance between population and resource which is a Malthus theory of famine? And other theories consisted

Ooh, no, we're you Edexel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope.
Reply 54
hey. For the population 15 marker, what did people talk about? One of my friends said that he did migration within the same country, where as I talked about international migration. I'm not sure which one was right :/

I didn't see any of these parts, did you do the Edexcel paper?
Original post by AdamE98
hey. For the population 15 marker, what did people talk about? One of my friends said that he did migration within the same country, where as I talked about international migration. I'm not sure which one was right :/

I think I waffled.. But I used the migration of Slovakians into Russia and used the changing migration of population in Cornwall - More migration of elderly retire people.
Reply 57
So you did international migration? I think that's what most people did actually. I talked about Qatar immigration as well as immigration into the UK
I mentioned about how the upper course has a smaller cross sectional area and wetted perimeter which effected the hydraulic radius and the river efficiency.(did that for the lower, ad middle and spoke how it effected the discharge.) I mentioned which erosional process were found where, which transportation, type of load and what landforms were found where. I think by including the cross sectional area, wetted perimeter and the hydraulic radius, I spoke about the cross profile. I mentioned bed roughness too!

I briefly mentioned channel characteristics at the end because the question mentioned the rivers long profile and valley or something, I made that mistake in my mock and wrote about characteristics rather than the valley
Original post by AdamE98
So you did international migration? I think that's what most people did actually. I talked about Qatar immigration as well as immigration into the UK

I did international and within the Uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending