The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B2 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ladyrailly
Oh and for the ratio question I literally just put the numbers given in a ratio

Yep same....hopefully we get sum marks....
Sure i wasnt gonna waste time dividin them by sum recuring decimal! was tight for time as it was :frown:
Original post by ellen199
ohh right okay thank you i didn't miss that so maybe i just accidentally missed that one question raaaaa

Nah u prob didnt.... lots of ppl think they missed it... jus prob didnt realise it was to do with mitosis....
I was glad there wasnt any bigg questions on meiosis and mitosis anyway *phew....
@ellen199 there were only 2 questions about it. the first was the one that came along with the homozygous/heterozygous question & the number of alleles in cystic fibrosis and all that. the second was the one with mendel. :smile:
Original post by kwstudent
Nah u prob didnt.... lots of ppl think they missed it... jus prob didnt realise it was to do with mitosis....
I was glad there wasnt any bigg questions on meiosis and mitosis anyway *phew....

i know that really would have been awful!!
soo upset ospreys didnt come up
Reply 225
Original post by asxhaa
what did you guys get for the ratio question?

3:1
@kwstudent exactly, i took one glance at the numbers and i was like 'nope'
how are you guys getting 3:1?? when i tried dividing the first number i got like 236 but then dividing the second question i got a decimal...
Reply 228
So glad biofuels didnt come up
Original post by ellen199
i know that really would have been awful!!

*eat the paper.com
actually am cross sumthin small didnt cum up cuz i spent hours revisin it :biggrin:
For the question on magnification of the mitochondria/cell lots of my friends got 1.2, 1.75 or 1.8 or something but I got 400x. (I spent a while deciding it was 400 not 40 to be honest).
Please tell me this is correct.
0.1mm = 4cm
4cm = 40mm
0.1*400 = 4cm
Also, 6 marker was hard for me. I said something about a transect but I think I've already blocked it out. :rolleyes:
B2
1)Glycerol
-pH decreased due to fatty acids being produced.
-The graph for dialysis of UREA UREA UREA is curved because of diffusion
-You can round the ratio one to 1:3, because if you imagine the percentages from the genetic diagram its 25% and 75%
-Homo, Homo, Hetero
-The question on the ancient bird was a weird way but was focused around specification. The 4 points can be found in the specification.
-The 6 mark question in B2 was focused around: Creating a transect, recording light intensity and the average area every X meters. And lastly to make it valid, you have to repeat the experiment on another day/location? And keep variables? (Not sure)
-Robber was B
-The magnification was 400. Due to different units!
-Mitochondria is used to respire to release energy
-energy for photosynthesis? light energy from the sun absorbed into chloroplasts?
-stomach muscle is used for contraction and is used to churn food and gastric juices together

B3

-Fusarium is a fungus.
- The gas in the fermentater was Oxygen, and the liquid was Sugar Syrup.
- it can be produced faster and is more sustainable (??)
-The increase in waste question was about an increased population and increased quality of life
-The way oxygen enters the blood is a mix of mentioning heamoglobin and diffusion! Not one and not the other!
-4 uses of glucose for plants! This one, **** this one! So on the specification it only mentions 3: Cellulose, produce proteins, produce fat or oil for storage. So that means the last one could be anything, some guesses: Produce seeds, respiration (wrong because of question title), storage as insoluble starch (Might be part of fats and oils, if not, its the most likely)
-Fish one: You had to mention only 1 method (eg. thin diffusion pathway, large surface area, possible good blood supply) and then say it increases diffusion (It never mentions diffusion in the questions, its an annoying question where you state the obvious) WHICH allows the fish to absorb oxygen faster!
-Heart was muscular tissue.
-In the circulatory system they TRANSPORT: Urea and C02 (You cannot mention permanent residents of blood, that's next question)
-In blood, you can mention: Soluble products of digestion and platelets.
The percentage for waste was 41.5%, the question related to it just required a ton of stats and general patterns? (I think)
-The balloon at the bottom of the glass (To represent the lungs) was the diaphragm.
-The second part to the question above, when the balloon is pulled down. The volume inside the glass increases so the pressure decreases. This then draws air into the balloons due to the pressure difference.
-Controlling Body temperature - thermoregulatory system in the brain detects change in temperature of blood.
-how urine is made - filteration, reabsorption of glucose by active transport, absorption of mineral ions and water, urea and water produces urine
-rejection - antigens don't recognise the cell and cause rejection
-prevention - insulin shots / keep track of exercise
-6 marker - cow tissue valve/heart valve
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 232
how are you guys getting 3:1?? when i tried dividing the first number i got like 236 but then dividing the second question i got a decimal...

it was a rough guess not exact, I knew that was the ratio it should be so i took the leap and decided to go for it
@elroo oh yeah... I see what you mean. hopefully they'll give the mark for the unsimplified ratio as well as the simplified :smile:
with the graph at the beginning with the stroke volume and heart rate, did you have to measure the peak?
I had no idea what to put for that mitochondria question! I put they were too small or they were see-through!! I know it sounds stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 236
Original post by Jamesosborne
Hello ! My instincts first discovered that too, however as you look closely at the graph you notice that the rate is still increasing even when Excerise is stopped ! There was a vertical line to show when they stopped excersising and the rate was increasing after this up to 82/88
Hope this helped ! How did u find the exam overall ?

what number did you get when you x the heart rate pm by the other graph?
Reply 237
Original post by shots-fired
with the graph at the beginning with the stroke volume and heart rate, did you have to measure the peak?

thats what i did, because for person 1 the numbers that were written were the peaks!
Reply 238
@elroo oh yeah... I see what you mean. hopefully they'll give the mark for the unsimplified ratio as well as the simplified :smile:

I'm pretty sure they will dw:smile:
Reply 239
Original post by Elzie123
I had no idea what to put for that mitochondria question! I put they were too small or they were see-through!! I know it sounds stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put they were too small
thats whta it says on bbc bitesize

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending