The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Biology - Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Do the grade boundaries come up before or after the results?
with this kind of biology exam im fearing the chemistry will be like "why did avogadro name a mole of gas a mole instead of an octopus because to hell with your revision"
Original post by s.o
Do the grade boundaries come up before or after the results?

I'm not sure. I think it was the day before last year, something like that anyway...they basically come out at the same time.
Was a thread like this and twitter so active last year? I've seen previous IGCSE science threads and I haven't seen so many pages before. If not then maybe this is kind of a consensus that edexcel really went wrong this round..
Original post by s.o
FSH or LH Stimulates production

i think fsh and lh is only in females but im not sure
Original post by PalwashaAyubb
what did you guys write for those yield question of why dry mass instead of fress mass and why % instead of that kg m s something?

I put to ensure they are put in a warm and dry environment and then weight them but I feel it wanted a more complex answer
Reply 226
Original post by Yuuchin1
i think fsh and lh is only in females but im not sure

where was the question about fsh and lh??????
Since all of you are taking chemistry on thursday, any predictions? Just so that I know what not to revise- they will be totally unpredictable
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ebardoe
I put to ensure they are put in a warm and dry environment and then weight them but I feel it wanted a more complex answer

For the first I made reference to water molecules in the plants
For the second I wrote that some areas may have a denser population of plants than others.

Bare in mind that I was rushing because I found it hard and left it till the end
Original post by l.coxx

someone said fsh and lh promote sperm production
nah someone thought testosterone was involved in the production of sperm - dont think it is
Original post by l.coxx

Don't worry there wasn't, that started off as me thinking testosterone causes sperm production, then someone said no, it's fsh or lh...it's okay, you didn't miss a question out!!!
Tbh I thought it was pretty fair. Sure there were lots of suggest questions but I felt they quite a few topics were covered and that lots of the past papers were much harder. Look at the jan 2015 paper if you want to see a really hard one. This is obviously just my opinion though
Reply 233
Original post by torilee
Don't worry there wasn't, that started off as me thinking testosterone causes sperm production, then someone said no, it's fsh or lh...it's okay, you didn't miss a question out!!!

thankyou!! panic over
Reply 234
For the difference between lowland rice and upland rice I said they were genetically different, is this wrong ?
"Testosterone is necessary for normal sperm development"
wikipedia= ​not the most reliable source ever
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone#Adult
Original post by yupppp89
nah someone thought testosterone was involved in the production of sperm - dont think it is

It is
I got some spellings of terms wrong with the questions related to GM Bacteria...dya reckon I can still get marks there :c?
Original post by torilee
Yeah, I'm genuinely worrying that I didn't lock my people in a room with mosquitoes, I just let them do their own thing - never thought THAT'd be something I worried about!!

:biggrin: What is the world coming to...

I put stuff about lying still - totally what you would do in a room of mosquitoes...
What did people put for the stomach and why the growth hormone couldn't survive there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending