The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blazar
Sexist much?

Racist much?

Flaming heterosexual much?

not really - I said you're only born with physical features and a basic instinct to survive, so people are not born gay, or straight, or bisexual or whatever
I don't like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, or The Who.
Reply 962
I wish killing people to better humanity was considered legit, it would save us a lot of idiots. First, I'd go for people assuming they are better than other people, example being racists, nazis, zionists, etc.

I hate todays society. The very people speaking of "equal rights" "be who you are" "everybody should be who they want to be" are the ones secretly judging every step you take and the first ones to shout it out.

I sound bitter, but I'm really not. I'm real peachy. Promise. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gemmam

The idea of a threesome is a complete turn-off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think it's really a turn-off, but I definitely agree it's no particular turn-on either.
I like jellies such as wine gums and fruit pastilles over chocolate :frown:
I think the idea of gender/sex distinction is a load of rubbish. Transgendered people shouldn't be able to "switch" genders. The idea, to me, is comparable to a dog trying to act like a cat because he believes he should have been born a cat....and then society telling us we must call him a cat.

I've briefly studied gender identity disorder, and I sympathise. Therefore, to clarify, I don't have a problem with men thinking they should have been a woman and trying to behave/look like one (and vice versa for women to men), my problem is purely with the idea that a man-turned-woman or woman-turned-man gets to call themselves by the opposite gender.

Perhaps there should be a third, or a third and fourth gender. It's obviously not just one or the other. Take the example of Conchita last night, I kept calling him a "her", but if I'm being totally honest, it's a man.
I prefer Russia to the USA and fully support their actions in the now Russian region of Crimea.

AIPAC has way too much influence on America's foreign policy and without it Israel would currently be subject to some of the toughest sanctions ever imposed on a country.

The Beatles are overrated. Pink Floyd were much better.

Democracy is a flawed concept and people with more education should get more votes - such as the system JS Mill proposed. Plato's Philosopher Kings would be ideal but is unrealistic.

I don't like fizzy drinks.

All religions are laughably ridiculous and religious people shouldn't be able to hold positions of power (their faith clouds their judgement).

Faith schools should be banned.

Circumcision is child abuse (male or female).

Children shouldn't be taught about religion until they can think for themselves (this would eradicate the religious population immediately).

If you can't afford to have children then you shouldn't have them. (Child benefit should either be scrapped completely or limited to one child.)

Facebook is rubbish.

A Clockwork Orange was a terrible film.

Man Utd (aka Man Ure) and Barcelona are the scummiest teams on earth.
Original post by Blazar
Pizza is generally mediocre.

Coffee is revolting.

"2001: A Space Odyssey" was awful.

Einstein wasn't the best physicist in the history of science.

Edison was more businessman than scientist and Tesla deserves far more credit and recognition than he gets.

Military conscription should be banned in international law, except in very exceptional circumstances and with the approval of the UN Secretary-General.

Pop music these days is frustratingly vapid and meaningless. Its only purpose is to make money and turn the general public into zombies who will listen to anything, as long as it has next to no complexity. To quote Bart Baker, "apparently saying the same word 90 times ensures a smash".

Billie Joe Armstrong's attack on Justin Bieber during the "one minute" rant was hilarious and well-deserved.

16/17-year-olds shouldn't be allowed to vote in the Scottish independence referendum (I'm 17 and will still be 17 at the time of the referendum).

Tré Cool should totally sing more often.

Knives And Pens isn't the best Black Veil Brides song (that accolade would have to go to The Gunsling).

I don't get the hype around Linkin Park.

You're going to make me cry.

Other than that, understand/agree with the rest. You're right about the mainstream pop trying to purely make money. But at the end of the day, people still like listening to it. They make money, people are happy. Everyone's happy. So in a way (not necessarily you), I think people who get overly worked up about "rubbish mainstream pop" think they're way too cool and need to chill out. Perhaps it's not "real" music, but it's noise...fun noise.
Original post by Law-Hopeful

All religions are laughably ridiculous and religious people shouldn't be able to hold positions of power (their faith clouds their judgement).

Faith schools should be banned.

Circumcision is child abuse (male or female).

Children shouldn't be taught about religion until they can think for themselves (this would eradicate the religious population immediately).

If you can't afford to have children then you shouldn't have them. (Child benefit should either be scrapped completely or limited to one child.)

I know I'm totally bombing this thread right now, sorry everyone.

But loving you for all of these..
Original post by lou_100

But loving you for all of these..

Thank you :five:
America is one of the most free countries in the world and its foreign policy, as well as how it treat ethnic minorities is incredibly "gentle" compared with China and Russia
Gender studies is the most utterly tragic and moronic field ever conceived
I dislike many private schools, but not necessarily the people in them
Ed Miliband sorely needs his adenoids removed. Ideally his voicebox, too.
Katie Hopkins is pretty awesome.
I think all forms of abortion and euthanasia should be legalised.
I think everyone who gets pregnant under the age of 21 should have a compulsory abortion.
Nobody should live past the age of 89.
Death penalty should be legalised for murderers and rapists.
Rapists and paedophiles should be castrated.
It should be compulsory to do at least one facilitating subject at A Level.
The voting age should be reduced to 16.
Reply 974
Original post by AeneasBK
The world would be a *better* place if Hitler had won WWII

fixed
Original post by shannanclark_
personally I don't like lana del ray she's really depressing and nandos is way too overrated for it's own good. I'd rather listen to radio 2 than other radio stations and some people really shouldn't be allowed Facebook.

But wot about when you're out with your mates and Gary, an absolute ledge who is basically Ed Milibanter, says you should go and get a cheeky nandos?
i dont think that being 'fat' should be encouraged because it poses serious health risks and costs the nhs more etc, i know its unpopular because of body positivity and all that but honestly i can't encourage it because anyone who even did gcse biology knows that it's so bad for you.
I think depression is a self induced illness
Kinder Bueno chocolate is too good to share, but I will ask anyway if you want some and then begrudging give pieces away when I really don't want to.

:bl:
Original post by Flozzie543
Ed Miliband sorely needs his adenoids removed. Ideally his voicebox, too.
Katie Hopkins is pretty awesome.
I think all forms of abortion and euthanasia should be legalised.
I think everyone who gets pregnant under the age of 21 should have a compulsory abortion.
Nobody should live past the age of 89.
Death penalty should be legalised for murderers and rapists.
Rapists and paedophiles should be castrated.
It should be compulsory to do at least one facilitating subject at A Level.
The voting age should be reduced to 16.

Please, please don't go in to politics ... :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest