The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Unit 3 Tuesday 12th May 2015- *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Does anyone have any ideas of the Grade Boundary predictions for Separate Science (Biology Unit 3 paper). The test was fairly easy so will the Grade Boundaries be higher than usual?
Original post by zc555
Does anyone have any ideas of the Grade Boundary predictions for Separate Science (Biology Unit 3 paper). The test was fairly easy so will the Grade Boundaries be higher than usual?

Everyone is predicting around 47 for an A*
What were the grade boundaries for the Biology exam last year?
Reply 103
Original post by zc555

I read somewhere that the A* grade boundary could be 49/60, that could be wrong but I imagine that they may be fairly high.
Original post by smithy_1998
What were the grade boundaries for the Biology exam last year?

43 for an A*
Original post by hklsdflhks
the question about the ivy leaves experiment I found the hardest in the whole thing. .....

Yeah I definitely messed that one up
Reply 106
Original post by willclegg7
I read somewhere that the A* grade boundary could be 49/60, that could be wrong but I imagine that they may be fairly high.

Yeah, I think that, maybe 47/48 A* idk. I think that an A might be between 41 - 43 marks.
Reply 107
Original post by zanfinahaziri
Everyone is predicting around 47 for an A*

Do you have any idea what the predictions for an A will be?
FOR THE MYCOPROTEIN QUESTION (1st question of blp3h) what reasons did people put for why mycoprotein may be better to use?
Original post by jonahfromtonga
FOR THE MYCOPROTEIN QUESTION (1st question of blp3h) what reasons did people put for why mycoprotein may be better to use?

I said less land needed and it's quicker to produce than rearing animals, do you think that's right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put its cheaper and quicker to produce
Original post by Elzie123
I said less land needed and it's quicker to produce than rearing animals, do you think that's right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably, but I put that its a healthier option and its more ethical because factory farming is cruel.
Reply 112
Original post by Elzie123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reason 1: Mycoprotein has a high protein and fibre, with low fat therefore it is suitable for producing protein for growing populations.

Reason 2: The production of Mycoprotein doesn't require any land.
Suitable for vegetarians is a point as well i think

I put that less CO2 is produced when compared to cattle farming and that it is more sustainable.
Original post by DavidClewett
I put that less CO2 is produced when compared to cattle farming and that it is more sustainable.

I had no idea for that question, I got it completely wrong
Original post by RachJess4
I put 23 and 46, but I'm really not sure! (Also I think you might go to my school if your username is your name :P)

I put 1 and 2 or 2 and 1. Can't remember which way around
Original post by emileepifanoff
did you do foundation?

No, higher.

I screwed that up :biggrin:

I said it helped us to cope with the rapid population growth & that it prevents food resources from running out as it is a sustainable food production method.
Original post by zc555
Yeah, I think that, maybe 47/48 A* idk. I think that an A might be between 41 - 43 marks.

I don't think it will to be honest. I'd say between 45-46 at most but it wasn't as easy as C2 papers which tend to be that high but obviously it won't be particularly low.

Quick Reply

Latest