The Student Room Group

AQA Biology GCSE 2015 additional science higher paper unit 2&3

Hi everyone,
I am just wondering if anyone is taking their biology exam tomorrow and if so at what time?

It would be great if someone kindly gives me some tips, information, potential questions or even answers to some questions ASAP as I really need to get an A*.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Which exam board is this for?
Original post by DoctorTA
Hi everyone,
I am just wondering if anyone is taking their biology exam tomorrow and if so at what time?

It would be great if someone kindly gives me some tips, information, potential questions or even answers to some questions ASAP as I really need to get an A*.
Thanks

Edexcel?
Reply 3
Reply 4
I did mine and it is so easy nothing like any of the past papers i have done previously revise alleles and glucose use in plants
Reply 5
complete rubbish bye bye my grade
Reply 6
Original post by Aladino

Preach that. This was one of the subjects I counted on for a good grade for sixth form. lol @ that. I had hell day today- double french then double biology.. Love my life
Reply 7
Original post by chaejcjjf
I did mine and it is so easy nothing like any of the past papers i have done previously revise alleles and glucose use in plants

B2 reaction::eek::s-smilie::angry: in order
B3 reaction::smile::colone::biggrin:

And I thoroughly revised for b2 and 3.... I reality, B2 was HARD. B3 was good only if you had revised though
Reply 8
Original post by XxRAEXx
Preach that. This was one of the subjects I counted on for a good grade for sixth form. lol @ that. I had hell day today- double french then double biology.. Love my life

exactly.
Reply 9
Original post by Aladino
exactly.

Praying for low grade boundaries.
Original post by Aladino

literally same i really ****ed up
Compared to all the other past papers I've taken, I found this year's exam to be the hardest. Hopefully the grade boundaries are low!
I didnt like the variable questions at the start. At first I misread the question. I think I corrected myself. Then I wasn't a fan of Q2, nothing to do with quadrats at all - which is what I'd revised for when looking at that sort of question. So that had me stumped.

I managed to complete all the questions in the end. I think I did well but it was a hard paper.
What did questions did you struggle with?
Reply 14
What boxes did you tick for the question on the purple and white flowers. Homozygous or heterozygous?
Reply 15
i ticked homozygous
Reply 16
Did the 100m tape measure go up the tree or through the woodland????
Original post by Bailey280899
I didnt like the variable questions at the start. At first I misread the question. I think I corrected myself. Then I wasn't a fan of Q2, nothing to do with quadrats at all - which is what I'd revised for when looking at that sort of question. So that had me stumped.

I managed to complete all the questions in the end. I think I did well but it was a hard paper.

i thought q2 was about transect lines - was it actually quadrats??? im confused:s-smilie:
Reply 18
Original post by joyalrj22
i thought q2 was about transect lines - was it actually quadrats??? im confused:s-smilie:

at first i wrote about quadrats, completely crossed it out and talked about transect lines from edge to centre, crossed that out and wrote about putting the tape measure up the trees hahaa im an idiot. it was about transect lines.
Original post by joyalrj22

Nooo.. I thought it was about quadrats, but it was really about transect lines.

Original post by dins432
at first i wrote about quadrats, completely crossed it out and talked about transect lines from edge to centre, crossed that out and wrote about putting the tape measure up the trees hahaa im an idiot. it was about transect lines.

I wrote about transect lines with quadrats at regular intervals, but then I crossed out the quadrat part and put a note at the bottom asking the person who marks my paper to mark what I crossed out if it's right (It was still readable, I only put one line through it :P)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending