The Student Room Group

AS history 13th May 2015 AQA HIS1F French Revolution

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanya_tsr
I have noidea, predictions are always risky

Have you been over everything?
Original post by benwick
Haven't found a thread for this exam - I heard off my teacher it is a rare one most schools don't do anyway.

Was just wondering if there is anybody else out there studying it? :smile:

Hi, I've got the exam tomorrow too! I'm not doing Napoleon because I've simply run out of time, trying to focus on the terror as my teacher thinks it will come up. Question 1 is usually quite nice, just question 2 can be unpredictable! Do you reckon past paper questions are the way to go?
Reply 22
my teacher is an examiner for this paper so she knows her stuff, and she correctly my GCSE sections to revise, she said 100% to revise 1 and 4 then choose either 2 or 3 as an insurance if you don't understand 1 or 4, now you two just confused everything :wink:
Do you know where I could find a copy of this or do you have a link :smile:
Original post by benwick
do you have the green sheet supplied by AQA splitting the course into 4 sections? because on that unit one only runs up to the calling of the Estates General

My teacher is so sure that will come up because it did not last year June 2014

And unit 4 is (on the green sheet) starts at the Coup of Brumaire and is all about Napoleon which has been in every exam so she also thinks that will come up.

However for unit 4 we have been told to revise the end of the Directory and the Terror just in case the question asks for the reasons behind the Coup of Brumaire.

Not sure if you've been told the units are split differently?
Original post by Haich_official
Have you been over everything?

yeah pretty much!
Reply 25
Original post by eleanorbartram
Hi, I've got the exam tomorrow too! I'm not doing Napoleon because I've simply run out of time, trying to focus on the terror as my teacher thinks it will come up. Question 1 is usually quite nice, just question 2 can be unpredictable! Do you reckon past paper questions are the way to go?
and we have 4! :biggrin:

I admit I don't think i've done enough past paper questions to really sort out my structure out - simply because I have been using a poor choice of factors so i'm solidifying my knowledge on the units and hoping it all falls together right on the day!

if anybody wants to add me and i can make this revision group on FB then feel free: https://www.facebook.com/bwickett1
Reply 26
Do you know where I could find a copy of this or do you have a link :smile:

i could send you a photo of it on FB? i wouldn't know where to find a digital copy sorry
Someone please run through historiography for the 24 markers?
Does anyone have any structure tips
Wing it lol #YOLO #$WEG
Does anyone have any structure tips
Reply 30
12 mark
1/2 line intro
factor 1 (PEE) precise evidence, factor type (short? long? trigger?) link back to the question
factor 2 link to question immediately, PEEL (link to first factor) precise evidence, factor type, evaluate importance compared to first factor (more important? less important?
factor 3 (same as 2)
conclusion (important this is a similar length para to your factors as marks can be won or lost here) reiterate most important factor and explain why you think that

24 mark
strong intro in which you outline your belief of the answer to the question (good judgement) (you must carry this judgement throughout the essay)
factor supporting - PEE (links not as important in 24) but importance of each factor is key so make sure you explain
factor disagreeing (keep referring back to the question) precise evidence in every factor!
factor supporting
factor disagreeing
(if time, and the first 4 are not very detailed, perhaps another supporting and disagreeing)
lengthy conclusion reiterating your stance on the argument and why you think this

off the top of my head haha hope thats of some use
Napoleon averages the lowest marks across the country so I'm focusing on 1.2 and 3 but I'M 10X more worried about the timing than the content. 1hr 15 is far too short
Why did the spetember massacres happen?
My teacher said the parisian crowd may come up...I hope the enlightenment does though
same here we only have 3 mins planning time
Original post by jordan2609
Napoleon averages the lowest marks across the country so I'm focusing on 1.2 and 3 but I'M 10X more worried about the timing than the content. 1hr 15 is far too short
im doing history french rev tomorrow as well and i haven't revised Napoleon, just hoping that it either doesnt come up or the other questions are nice
Original post by jamessashley
im doing history french rev tomorrow as well and i haven't revised Napoleon, just hoping that it either doesnt come up or the other questions are nice

do you have any predictions
I'm also doing this exam, feel sick about it tbh! I haven't revised Napoleon, we were told not to and to focus on 1,2,3. Hoping the terror and beyond doesn't come up, would love a question on Louis' execution :smile:
Just hope there's questions on everything before the estates general, the terror and then the directory+napoleon
That way we all have something to answer
Good luck to all
Reply 38
Are we allowed to say what was in it yet?
How did everyone find it? Personally i thought it could have been a lot worse but i'm really not sure how i did. I told my teacher the questions afterwards and she said they seemed quite nice so fingers crossed!
Reply 39
Hey I did the exam to today, questions 1&3. How did everyone find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending