The Student Room Group

IGCSE EDEXCEL BIOLOGY PAPER 1 12TTH MAY...are you ready?!

Scroll to see replies

I had the paper 2 and 3 today and they are both very simple

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mirahan
i wrote the nervous system :')

I thjnk the nervous system was already on there because of the brain and spinal cord?
Original post by AdRiAnRsT
I had the paper 2 and 3 today and they are both very simple

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you might be doing a different exam board or normal gcse as igcse only has two papers and the second is on the 5th June! :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by Zahra kosser
Exactly what I said to Mr. Bates but he said "no Zahra I don't think so!" Ugh

lol i don't trust the guy on stuff like that! He said the highest you can get by using the revision guide is a B!
Original post by georgieflora
I put the years on the bottom too

I put male and female on the bottom in the little bars and then put the years on the bottom too underneath that :')
Reply 125
How do you obtain the dry mass of the potato...i wrote out it an oven and then measure on measuring scales but idk

i wrote was it and leave it to dry then measure its mass on a balance but idk if its right
Original post by mirahan
it was something about hydrochloric acid but i ddnt write that..

it told us that it was a protein and the stomach produces pepsin, protease so u had to mention that i think. I just wrote HCL though
Reply 127
Original post by georgieflora
it told us that it was a protein and the stomach produces pepsin, protease so u had to mention that i think. I just wrote HCL though

i wrote protease breaks down protein into amino acids but idk if its right
Reply 128
I can't believe it....

I didn't fully read the question in today's IGCSE 1B.

I drew a line graph/frequency polygon sort of thing when it said in the question draw a bar chart...

SIX MARKS.

THAT'S 5%...

Someone please please help me...
Reply 129
how did you all do on the last question? kinda weird bc i said let 50 mosquitos loose and see which person attracts more of them but they would have got stung if you did that so i put make sure you wear a safety net but weird question lol
Original post by Sara_PLL
how did you all do on the last question? kinda weird bc i said let 50 mosquitos loose and see which person attracts more of them but they would have got stung if you did that so i put make sure you wear a safety net but weird question lol

Oh I wasn't really bothered about their safety... I put leave 30 people from each group in a room full of mosquitoes and let them be bitten and then count the bites in the morning haha
What did you guys get for the percentage question (second to last) ?
The lowland question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 133
Original post by Satel123
What did you guys get for the percentage question (second to last) ?

I wrote 41.6
5/12 *100
Is it correct?

That question at the end about the mosquito experiment was fun! :biggrin: This guy next to me just legged that question at the end... XD I'm from Denmark, but a lot of people sat the paper. You guys may think we may not have many people doing IGCSE papers in foreign countries but gosh how many were doing it from mine :redface: school was crazy today...

I was a little bit surprised about the question regarding the male reproductive organs and vas deferens... our teacher told us that there wasn't going to be anything like that in the exam... :redface:

I only missed out one question... the one about low lying and high lying crop yields (1 mark) :redface: and I thought I would have been done badly, but I don't think I did :biggrin:

How did you guys find the paper?
Original post by mh99
I wrote 41.6
5/12 *100
Is it correct?

I put 41.7 :redface:
Yeah, where it asked you to work out the percentage yield if one was 12 kg/m2 and the other 7 kg/m2 and it was the second to last question.
Posted from TSR Mobile
i wrote was it and leave it to dry then measure its mass on a balance but idk if its right

I mentioned osmosis and dunk the potatoes in a sugar solution but I doubt it now...
Some people at my school wrote something about osmosis and putting the potato in a sugary solution so that all the water comes out of potato but I thought that was wrong

Yup! I wrote that :biggrin:
Original post by TastyPinkHair
I put 41.7 :redface:

I put 41.7 in the workings and rounded it to 42 in the answer because the percentages on the previous page were to 2sf...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending