The Student Room Group

Black skinny jeans acceptable for a night out?

Hi everyone, hope you can help me! I'm still fairly new to going out and now I'm getting to the stage where I can't really be bothered to make 'as' much of an effort anymore, plus I'm not going out to impress anybody (taken) but anyway I was hoping if anyone knew if black skinny jeans would be acceptable to wear on a night out with heels and a top? Would love to hear any other suggestions that people has also as I'm always open to new ideas!
Many thanks in advance :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Um...I pretty much always wear black jeans when I go to nightclubs. I jazz it up with accessories, styled hair, makeup and a blouse or a kimono (if quite cold) or some fancy top. Believe me, it takes little effort to impress drunkards, whichever gender. Can't understand people who go on a night out looking to be "taken" or those who literally wear barely anything (especially in winter) :smile: xx
Reply 2
Just wear what you are comfortable with, and makes you feel good about yourself? I dress in a pretty casual way when i go out (jeans, blouse or t-shirt and flats) and i feel comfortable (not only because the clothes are practical, but also because that's the way i like to dress so i feel at ease and natural). Couldn't care less if i'm underdressed, i don't go to superposh places anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NeverTooLatte
Um...I pretty much always wear black jeans when I go to nightclubs. I jazz it up with accessories, styled hair, makeup and a blouse or a kimono (if quite cold) or some fancy top. Believe me, it takes little effort to impress drunkards, whichever gender. Can't understand people who go on a night out looking to be "taken" or those who literally wear barely anything (especially in winter) :smile: xx

Oh those people who wear basically their underwear really stress me out haha! But yeah that's what I was thinking really, cute dresses are great and everything its just so much effort to shave and tan my legs before I go out anyway haha! Thanks for your help though! :smile: xx
Original post by Arieh
Just wear what you are comfortable with, and makes you feel good about yourself? I dress in a pretty casual way when i go out (jeans, blouse or t-shirt and flats) and i feel comfortable (not only because the clothes are practical, but also because that's the way i like to dress so i feel at ease and natural). Couldn't care less if i'm underdressed, i don't go to superposh places anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

See it sounds really stupid, but I'm scared of being so underdressed that the bouncers outside say I can't go in because I'm not smart enough or whatever haha but thanks for the advice! I'll definitely keep it in mind :smile: x
Original post by elliecandlin
See it sounds really stupid, but I'm scared of being so underdressed that the bouncers outside say I can't go in because I'm not smart enough or whatever haha but thanks for the advice! I'll definitely keep it in mind :smile: x

As long as you don't wear denim or trainers nor dress too tawdry like a hooker you should be fine. You also look quite pretty so I don't think they'll be too harsh. :h:
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
As long as you don't wear denim or trainers nor dress too tawdry like a hooker you should be fine. You also look quite pretty so I don't think they'll be too harsh. :h:

Aww thank you 🙈 but classy is definitely my thing, the parents or boyfriend would never let me step outside with my boobs and/or bum hanging out! haha x
Reply 7
I would not wear black jeans for a night out, but sure. If you accessorize it up it will be fine. Although I do think black jeans is pretty casual. If worn with heels and stuff, It just makes me think of those females who lurveee to shop. So for a shopping day out with the girlies.

I would go with my bae obviously :blushing:
Original post by Dinaa
I would not wear black jeans for a night out, but sure. If you accessorize it up it will be fine. Although I do think black jeans is pretty casual. If worn with heels and stuff, It just makes me think of those females who lurveee to shop. So for a shopping day out with the girlies.

I do love shopping, but unfortunately funding is a slight issue for me! H&M is about as far as my budget can stretch really so I can't keep buying cute dresses to wear out once and not wearing them again for ages so I'm at the stage where I'm trying to look at what I've got to see what I can wear out! I definitely see your point about them being casual though which is what I'm worried about :/ x
Reply 9
I do love shopping, but unfortunately funding is a slight issue for me! H&M is about as far as my budget can stretch really so I can't keep buying cute dresses to wear out once and not wearing them again for ages so I'm at the stage where I'm trying to look at what I've got to see what I can wear out! I definitely see your point about them being casual though which is what I'm worried about :/ x

Awee well you don't need to buy expensive dresses. You can always 'Gok' them up by using accessories, belt.. Or just leave the dress as it is and do something pretty with your hair or something.

What about a skirt and top? :smile: x

I'm the complete opposite, hate shopping!

You'll be fine wear whatever you want I myself wear black skinny jeans out all the time. If you're not going to an exclusive event or club then the casual attire should suffice. I am going out tonight as well is this your first time clubbing or are you just new to the scene? Hope you have a great night.

- Black Cat
Original post by Dinaa
Awee well you don't need to buy expensive dresses. You can always 'Gok' them up by using accessories, belt.. Or just leave the dress as it is and do something pretty with your hair or something.

What about a skirt and top? :smile: x

I'm the complete opposite, hate shopping!

I honestly find it so difficult for me to find skirts that I like, but I shall be keeping an eye out for some cute ones! But thats an amazing idea, thank you so much :smile: x
Original post by Black Cat
You'll be fine wear whatever you want I myself wear black skinny jeans out all the time. If you're not going to an exclusive event or club then the casual attire should suffice. I am going out tonight as well is this your first time clubbing or are you just new to the scene? Hope you have a great night.

- Black Cat

I turned 18 in feb and have only been out a few times because I've only recently got a job so I used to feel bad asking my parents for money so I could go out, so you could say that i'm still pretty new! I don't mind dressing up but it depends on the occasion, like I don't see the point in wearing a nice dress just because you're out with some friends! Plus the city I live in only has a few clubs so I'm hoping I'll be fine! Haha enjoy your night out!
Reply 13
I honestly find it so difficult for me to find skirts that I like, but I shall be keeping an eye out for some cute ones! But thats an amazing idea, thank you so much :smile: x

You're welcome :bigsmile:
Reply 14
I always wear black skinny jeans on nights out, depending on where you live I'd be very surprised if you were ever refused entry because of it! I would say when you get ready just think about how posh the club you're going too is just in case but I have been known to go out incredibly casually dressed and no one has ever even considered not letting me in, and as for what other people think if anything people have told me I look really good cause I don't look like I'm trying too hard, but in the end you should of course just wear what makes you feel comfortable!
Original post by Dinaa

dude you're av :K: lol

Are you wearing black jeans or like a soft like cottony like

that is sooo acceptable. I'd try a skirt or dress but black skinnies are so like..."hey, just got off work, time for happy hour and a meet-up with my boo, heyheyhey!" :tongue: so it's nice. I'd normally add a very bold bright colour like a hot pink or blue, and def adorn with jewellery like silver or gold earrings/rings/bangles :yy: In fashion black goes with everything and every occasion. :h:
Some black skinny jeans don't even look like jeans do they?
But honestly I still found those not wear dress or skirts are less likely to appear gorgeous. I rarely wear dress sadly... black legging can cover hair on your legs haha.
Why not look at some photos shot by fashion bloggers? They have very good taste and not always in a skirt
Reply 17

that is sooo acceptable. I'd try a skirt or dress but black skinnies are so like..."hey, just got off work, time for happy hour and a meet-up with my boo, heyheyhey!" :tongue: so it's nice. I'd normally add a very bold bright colour like a hot pink or blue, and def adorn with jewellery like silver or gold earrings/rings/bangles :yy: In fashion black goes with everything and every occasion. :h:

Av?

And those jeans look nice :yy:

They're basically the non- high waisted version of that picture! So very easy to dress up if I'm honest! Plus just buying a top is so much cheaper! Thanks for the tips though :biggrin: x
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lraul
Some black skinny jeans don't even look like jeans do they?
But honestly I still found those not wear dress or skirts are less likely to appear gorgeous. I rarely wear dress sadly... black legging can cover hair on your legs haha.
Why not look at some photos shot by fashion bloggers? They have very good taste and not always in a skirt

I could do, thank you! i try to avoid anything short really as I have fairly muscular and not very girly legs so anything short just looks weird? haha but that's such a great idea to look at some fashion bloggers :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest