The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B2 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coolcrisp
Yo how were you meant to get 2 marks in the position of the genetic material question? I said its in the nucleus but wat else?

i said it was in the nucleus of a cell, in the chromosomes :P who knows if thats right tho...
Original post by stardust-dream
i said it was in the nucleus of a cell, in the chromosomes :P who knows if thats right tho...

That's correct, well done!
Original post by Mikasadoge
That's correct, well done!

ill second that! :smile:
There was nothing more annoying than spending hours learning the differences between meiosis and mitosis for a one question to come up......
Reply 284
Original post by Desouza123
What did you put for the second page with the bile and milk?

I totally messed that one up.
Original post by leahmcewan
There was nothing more annoying than spending hours learning the differences between meiosis and mitosis for a one question to come up......

couldnt agree more...think i filled about 5 -8 pages of stuff on that topic.... :s-smilie:
Reply 286
Original post by kaypd
I totally messed that one up.

I think the general theme was that breaking down lipids in milk made fatty acids which would lower its pH. And that bile was better than water because the line on the graph was steeper
Reply 287
Fatty acids and glycerol are produced, therefore the fatty acids cause the solution to become acidic thus reducing the pH level.
i put the genes are found in the double helix aaaaaaaaaa
Reply 289
The question about the 3 equipment you had to use and how you would use it was a bit baffling. I did not realise it was quadrats
Original post by louisjb16
i put the genes are found in the double helix aaaaaaaaaa

they r!! DNA is a double helix, and genes are found in DNA so i suppose thats right...but wot ques did u put that 4?
Reply 291
Original post by kaypd
The question about the 3 equipment you had to use and how you would use it was a bit baffling. I did not realise it was quadrats

It didnt have any quadrats in the equipment list so I think it would be unfair for them to ask for that. I think you were supposed to use the transect and the use the ruler as a type of quadrat.
Reply 292
Original post by challisrobert
I now realise what I did wrong oops... However I didnt see a line for when they stopped exercising? Annoying... oh well! I also out 40 magnification, was it 400? I was led to believe it was 40... unure now! Haha

I got 40x as well!
Original post by paxman
It didnt have any quadrats in the equipment list so I think it would be unfair for them to ask for that. I think you were supposed to use the transect and the use the ruler as a type of quadrat.

i put that u 'use the tape measure as a kind of transect then use the ruler to measure the leaves', cuz that is part of the hypothesis - leave size gets bigger as light decreases or sumthing like that
Reply 294
Original post by paxman

I thought transect in my head but the next minute it went out. :mad:
I did not do well on that question.
Original post by Dabiri
I got 40x as well!

It's 400 because the line was 4 cm but 40 mm.

40 / 0.1 = 400
Reply 296
Original post by Jamesosborne
Hello ! My instincts first discovered that too, however as you look closely at the graph you notice that the rate is still increasing even when Excerise is stopped ! There was a vertical line to show when they stopped excersising and the rate was increasing after this up to 82/88
Hope this helped ! How did u find the exam overall ?

You just used from the rate from the time they stopped exercising, and ignored everything after that
Reply 297
Original post by kwstudent
i put that u 'use the tape measure as a kind of transect then use the ruler to measure the leaves', cuz that is part of the hypothesis - leave size gets bigger as light decreases or sumthing like that

Yeh I didnt even think about using the ruler to measure leaf length, probably right. Either way I think it was a very badly worded question and paper, hopefully that'll be reflected in the grade boundaries:smile:
Reply 298
Why did person 2 run less that person 1?
Original post by paxman
Yeh I didnt even think about using the ruler to measure leaf length, probably right. Either way I think it was a very badly worded question and paper, hopefully that'll be reflected in the grade boundaries:smile:

As it stated that leaves grew up the tree, I said I'd use the tape measure to measure how high the leaves grew up the trunk, measure the light with the measure thing and used the ruler to measure the length of the leaves... it seemed quite smart but everyone talking about quadrats has me scared! I thought my response was pretty much common knowledge... but I seem to have over thought it maybe?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending