The Student Room Group

How were the gcse edexcel french examss

hello, im just wondering how everyone found the listening and reading. Personally, i found the reading pretty decent and the listening was a bit ...... weird/kinda hard/shaky

Also Q7 for reading was it that she went to work experience and wrote magazine articles :/
(edited 8 years ago)
It didn't specify that she wrote articles; it only said she did her work experience at a magazine! I put that she works for herself, she wants to try something new, she travels a lot and I can't remember the last one I put :/
i thought the listening was impossible - the reading i found was a lot easier, for question 7 i put that she did work experience and wrote for the magazines only because it said she chose her job at the work experience and she said earlier she wanted to be a journalist but that was a guess. i put she worked for herself, she wanted to change jobs and she didnt mind the time frame but not sure about that question overall:s-smilie:
Reply 3
I also found the listening pretty weird, to the point I just started to make educated guesses... Especially since in my exam, the CD stuttered over 10 times so we had to pause the exam and wait for a new CD. But by then I was out of the listening zone :/ Reading was much better~

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by kayemma
i thought the listening was impossible - the reading i found was a lot easier, for question 7 i put that she did work experience and wrote for the magazines only because it said she chose her job at the work experience and she said earlier she wanted to be a journalist but that was a guess. i put she worked for herself, she wanted to change jobs and she didnt mind the time frame but not sure about that question overall:s-smilie:

YES THATS EXACTLY WHAT I GOT! im pretty confident on all my options apart from the work experience one :smile: and another q i didn't really appreciate was the stop 8 mark English one, what details are meant to be given in the advert ????? :s-smilie:
it was a lot easier than the past papers
Reply 6
Original post by semise
I also found the listening pretty weird, to the point I just started to make educated guesses... Especially since in my exam, the CD stuttered over 10 times so we had to pause the exam and wait for a new CD. But by then I was out of the listening zone :/ Reading was much better~

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's so horrible for you :O LETS HOPE YOU DONE AMAZINGLY WELL FOR READING! I HOPE U DID :smile:
Original post by ehlamleyla
YES THATS EXACTLY WHAT I GOT! im pretty confident on all my options apart from the work experience one :smile: and another q i didn't really appreciate was the stop 8 mark English one, what details are meant to be given in the advert ????? :s-smilie:

I put that where you live is needed
Reply 8
Original post by kayemma

that's what I remember putting too :biggrin:
Reply 9
that's so horrible for you :O LETS HOPE YOU DONE AMAZINGLY WELL FOR READING! I HOPE U DID :smile:

Thanks!! Hope it ends up alright for you for you as well :smile:

i put that you needed an address which was a guess i hated that question it wasnt clear and also the bit where you had to write 2 reasons for her buying the books i put you could send it directily to someones house if u weer getting them a present but for the second reason i just out it was practical i wasnt sure at all
Reply 11
Original post by kayemma
i put that you needed an address which was a guess i hated that question it wasnt clear and also the bit where you had to write 2 reasons for her buying the books i put you could send it directily to someones house if u weer getting them a present but for the second reason i just out it was practical i wasnt sure at all

Those were the exact reasons I put! yay!
I actually thought the reading paper was pretty decent compared to some of the ones I've done before. As for the listening, hopefully the grade boundaries will be a bit lower:colondollar:
anyone do the foundation paper? lol i did
Listening terrible, reading fine. For the last reading question did you put she thinks it is very important?
Reply 15
Original post by stephejb02
Listening terrible, reading fine. For the last reading question did you put she thinks it is very important?

Yup i didd
I found the redaing went well and I put she did work experience purely because I had no idea what else to put. The last question on the reading was horrible, I don't even know what half the questions were asking me, but i think it went alright.

Let's hope the grade boundaries are lower this year for listening...
Reply 17
Original post by Irukandji5
I found the redaing went well and I put she did work experience purely because I had no idea what else to put. The last question on the reading was horrible, I don't even know what half the questions were asking me, but i think it went alright.

Let's hope the grade boundaries are lower this year for listening...

I hope you did well, the listening was kind of hard :frown:
Original post by lianda
I hope you did well, the listening was kind of hard :frown:

Thanks and you too, hey at least that is (hopefully) the last we will ever see of french. Unless, you're taking it to a-level, then good luck :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Irukandji5
Thanks and you too, hey at least that is (hopefully) the last we will ever see of french. Unless, you're taking it to a-level, then good luck :smile:

Hahahhaa no, I don't even know what possessed me to pick it for GCSE's :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending