The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Biology B1 12 May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Phlox
All those people that explained the process of eutrophication are wrong because it says EXPLAIN THE PROBLEMS WITH NITRATES AND PHOSPHATES.

I thought they caused eutrophication though!
People say it was easy but there will have been a lot of people that made silly mistakes which will cost them much more than 7 marks
All those people that explained the process of eutrophication are wrong because it says EXPLAIN THE PROBLEMS WITH NITRATES AND PHOSPHATES.

hunny, nitrates and phosphates cause eutrophication in lakes beacause they cause excessive growth
Original post by kevthestudent
I thought they caused eutrophication though!

They do but you have to state the problems which means that you either state the problems outright or link the steps to the problems they cause e.g: algae grows on the surface and this is a problem because it kills plants that are underneath due to a lack of photosynthesis.
omg, im so stressed. i was aiming for an A* but after reading all these coments im praying for an A
They do but you have to state the problems which means that you either state the problems outright or link the steps to the problems they cause e.g: algae grows on the surface and this is a problem because it kills plants that are underneath due to a lack of photosynthesis.

Im sure that's just edexcels odd wording. The problems are the steps of eutrophication, its definitely right.
Original post by _ariane29
I was so close :frown: I did the energy of tree - energy of caterpillar/ energy tree could have given, × 100. Do you think I'll get 1 mark?

I'm not entirely sure, unfortunately I don't think you will, it was a 3 mark question, so I'm presuming 1 mark was awarded for correct subtraction, another for recognising to divide by the amount of energy it could've produced or perhaps for "x 100" and then the last for a correct percentage decrease, however that being said there's a possibility that you may get method marks, however I can't be certain.
Original post by _ariane29
Im sure that's just edexcels odd wording. The problems are the steps of eutrophication, its definitely right.

Either way, I wrote about the problems such as organisms dying etc

So what did you write?
Original post by Roadrunner_
I'm not entirely sure, unfortunately I don't think you will, it was a 3 mark question, so I'm presuming 1 mark was awarded for correct subtraction, another for recognising to divide by the amount of energy it could've produced or perhaps for "x 100" and then the last for a correct percentage decrease, however that being said there's a possibility that you may get method marks, however I can't be certain.

For the 4 mark neuron question did we have to describe how a reflex arc works?
I put - Testes don't produce sperm and then some random answer to try and secure the other mark -
Original post by Tuned2000
For the 4 mark neuron question did we have to describe how a reflex arc works?

Pretty much
People say it was easy but there will have been a lot of people that made silly mistakes which will cost them much more than 7 marks

That's me, except I didn't learn how to do the calculations. Overall I think I've lost about 10 marks, hoping for an A* still, what do you think the A* boundary will be?
Original post by Katniss1
So what did you write?

That's me, except I didn't learn how to do the calculations. Overall I think I've lost about 10 marks, hoping for an A* still, what do you think the A* boundary will be?

It is the sort of test that you will think you did well, but upon reflection you will lose more marks than you would have ever thought

I did that, it's the same thing as eutrophication. How can you sate the problems if it asks you to explain?
It was something about the mucus blocking up the sperm ducts or something haha.. basically everybody was confused on that one!
I did that, it's the same thing as eutrophication. How can you sate the problems if it asks you to explain?[/QU

Either way I still think we are both right.
I HATED THE QUESTIONS ABOUT TOBACCO AMD THE SECOND PERCENTAGES QUESTION AHHHH MY CLASS GOT 8% AND I CRIED BC I GOT 92😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending