The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B2 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaypd
Why did person 2 run less that person 1?

i think the question asked why person 1 ran faster or something?? i put that person 1 had a lower resting heart rate so was more fit than person 2. also person 1 had a higher stroke rate (or w/e it was called) so more blood was being pumped around the body taking oxygen to the cells that need it for respiration to occur to produce energy so the person could continue to exercise, and removing carbon dioxide from the cells at a faster rate than in person 2. if that makes any sense whatsoever

whether this is right is anyone's guess :P i'm thinking now that maybe i should've talked about the cardiac rate thing too??? bc i didn't and now i regret it completely ;c
Original post by challisrobert
As it stated that leaves grew up the tree, I said I'd use the tape measure to measure how high the leaves grew up the trunk, measure the light with the measure thing and used the ruler to measure the length of the leaves... it seemed quite smart but everyone talking about quadrats has me scared! I thought my response was pretty much common knowledge... but I seem to have over thought it maybe?

this is exactly what i thought, i hadn't even thought about transects becasue it was growing up a tree :/
yes it was 148 and 38.. the answer was 5200 something
It was 148 and 38.. the answer was like 5200 something
Reply 304
Original post by challisrobert
As it stated that leaves grew up the tree, I said I'd use the tape measure to measure how high the leaves grew up the trunk, measure the light with the measure thing and used the ruler to measure the length of the leaves... it seemed quite smart but everyone talking about quadrats has me scared! I thought my response was pretty much common knowledge... but I seem to have over thought it maybe?

That also makes a lot of sense, I prefer your answer to my own. However I might be wrong but I think the question said the two leaves were found at different parts of the woodland. Also given the only section of the book about distribution only talks about quadrats and transects I think it would be a bit unfair to expect anything else...

If this is the case I think its just a failure of GCSEs, testing your ability to regurgitate information from a textbook rather than use common sense.
Reply 305
Original post by stardust-dream
i think the question asked why person 1 ran faster or something?? i put that person 1 had a lower resting heart rate so was more fit than person 2. also person 1 had a higher stroke rate (or w/e it was called) so more blood was being pumped around the body taking oxygen to the cells that need it for respiration to occur to produce energy so the person could continue to exercise, and removing carbon dioxide from the cells at a faster rate than in person 2. if that makes any sense whatsoever

whether this is right is anyone's guess :P i'm thinking now that maybe i should've talked about the cardiac rate thing too??? bc i didn't and now i regret it completely ;c

I did the exact same thing but spoke about the other graph too. I feel as if I could have done so much better but the questions were so poorly worded.
Reply 306
Original post by kaypd
Why did person 2 run less that person 1?

I think it was that because person 1 had a higher stroke and heart rate they could basically get oxygen to muscle cells more efficiently so they could respire more and create energy to contract.
I actually quite liked that exam. And the B3 paper as well. I don't think I've been so happy about an exam since the Math Calc mock before Easter. Does anyone know when a mark scheme for this paper would be posted?
Original post by stardust-dream
i said it was in the nucleus of a cell, in the chromosomes :P who knows if thats right tho...

Yh I wrote that too!
Reply 309
Original post by paxman
I think it was that because person 1 had a higher stroke and heart rate they could basically get oxygen to muscle cells more efficiently so they could respire more and create energy to contract.

good good.
Reply 310
Overall what did you think of the exam including unit 2 and 3?
Original post by kaypd
I totally messed that one up.

Me too, I wrote bile neutralises the acid. Would that be right??
Reply 312
Original post by 2015studenttt
Me too, I wrote bile neutralises the acid. Would that be right??

I actually wrote that but it was a complete guess.
Reply 313
What did you guys get for the table about heterozygous and homozygous
Did anyone doing the b3 exam have a question on eggs and glucose because my friends seems to think there was one but I can't remember one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys right for the fossil question??
Original post by ncrobson
Did anyone doing the b3 exam have a question on eggs and glucose because my friends seems to think there was one but I can't remember one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It did, the process that made the egg bigger was osmosis
Original post by Kwaks11
What did you guys get for the table about heterozygous and homozygous

Homozygous,homozygous and hetrozygous
Original post by 2015studenttt
Homozygous,homozygous and hetrozygous

i thought that the F1 plant bred with itself and its offspring were the F2 plants, where the ratio of purple to white was 3:1, so wouldn't that mean the F1 plant had to be heterozygous?? :confused: or maybe i read the question wrong, idk
No way am I going to get an A* in that, my predicted grade is going down the draiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn lmao. Expecting a B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending