The Student Room Group

OCR F321 F322 Thread May 22 and June 2 exams

Hi!
I've been trying to find a good thread for this but there doesn't seem to be one.
I was wondering if anyone has made any predictions for what questions might come up in the F321 and F322 exams or what topics are most likely to come up, especially 5+ marks questions.
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I've been trying to find one for the OCR AS Chemistry exams too haha

My teacher thinks there will be a disproportionation question...
Other than that I have no idea what will come up.
For F321, I feel like they ask the same questions all the time from doing past papers...
F322 - :?
No idea! Hoping chemistry will be good this year!
Reply 3
Original post by kacheek
Hey! I've been trying to find one for the OCR AS Chemistry exams too haha

My teacher thinks there will be a disproportionation question...
Other than that I have no idea what will come up.
For F321, I feel like they ask the same questions all the time from doing past papers...
F322 - :?

What sort of questions do u think repeat in F321? I'd really like an A in chemistry but I'll settle for a B lol
Reply 4
Original post by ben1gregoriou
No idea! Hoping chemistry will be good this year!

Me too! What are you doing to revise?
Original post by micaela_m
Me too! What are you doing to revise?

Past papers! Must have done nearly all legacy and current spec stuff! Chemistry can be hard at times, especially F322!
Reply 6
Original post by ben1gregoriou
Past papers! Must have done nearly all legacy and current spec stuff! Chemistry can be hard at times, especially F322!

Yeah I'm glad I have half term to go over the F322 stuff!! I don't like the green chemistry section, I can never remember it
Yeah I'm glad I have half term to go over the F322 stuff!! I don't like the green chemistry section, I can never remember it

Me too! I'm getting better at energy but still don't like all the isomerism and mechanisms!
Reply 8
I think F322 will be a good exam, I just hate the boring parts like learning uses of polymers and stuff like that in the resources unit. But F321 is quite bad for me, I always get mixed up/can't really tell the difference between the bonding types and remembering the group 2 reactions is so long
Anyone got the June 2014 past paper for F321 by any chance? If so could you PM it to me? Need more practice!!! :afraid:
Any predictions for f322?
Original post by rory58824
Anyone got the June 2014 past paper for F321 by any chance? If so could you PM it to me? Need more practice!!! :afraid:

http://stsmith.co.uk/data/documents/F321-01-Jun14.pdf
Hello guys, I had a confusion if they can ask questions on bond angles in ionic compounds?
Reply 13
Original post by stardust22
Hello guys, I had a confusion if they can ask questions on bond angles in ionic compounds?

I think they can only ask about covalently bonded compounds because they teach us how to work it out depending on bonding pairs and lone pairs so in my opinion that rules ionic compounds out, however try and double check with your teacher just in case? Highly improbable tho.
I think they can only ask about covalently bonded compounds because they teach us how to work it out depending on bonding pairs and lone pairs so in my opinion that rules ionic compounds out, however try and double check with your teacher just in case? Highly improbable tho.

thank youu! I think you are right :smile: I will ask my teacher on monday to be sure.
Reply 15
Original post by stardust22
thank youu! I think you are right :smile: I will ask my teacher on monday to be sure.

No problem I'm 99.9% sure but just to double triple check lol.
I'm not really too bothered for these two exams. My practical grade is a C as I kept losing marks somehow. Plus, F322 is 50% of the grade or something and I suck at it. I'm definitely going to drop it next year unless a miracle happens in it or I somehow die in another subject (but I've had 3 exams 1 each has been in the other subjects and they've gone alright). I want to atleast aim for a low A in this exam and a B in the F322 one.

For F321, I'd love to have a 6 marker on structure and bonding because I'm usually really good at picking up those marks. Worst would be something on periodicity.
Reply 17
Original post by Craig1998
I'm not really too bothered for these two exams. My practical grade is a C as I kept losing marks somehow. Plus, F322 is 50% of the grade or something and I suck at it. I'm definitely going to drop it next year unless a miracle happens in it or I somehow die in another subject (but I've had 3 exams 1 each has been in the other subjects and they've gone alright). I want to atleast aim for a low A in this exam and a B in the F322 one.

For F321, I'd love to have a 6 marker on structure and bonding because I'm usually really good at picking up those marks. Worst would be something on periodicity.

My practical grade is a B I wanted to resit the qualitative one bc I lost stupid marks but the teacher was too busy and I was too stressed with my other subjects to keep chasing it up and I wanted to drop it too bc of how bad I am with F322 but I've realised I'm worse with maths and I need to drop that instead maths takes up too much of my time. I want an A in this exam and a B in F322 as well hopefully we get it!!
Also how do you remember the shapes of molecules, is there something you found specifically helpful because I really struggle with them questions?
Reply 18
I got 35 which was one mark away from last year's boundaries I found the coursework far too stressful! And oh really? That's different how are you revising for F322?
Somehow I need to cram all of f321 into my head between now and friday, f322 is so much better than f321

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending