The Student Room Group

GCSE French AQA 12th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oni176
How can they be that horrible to us? I hate the exam board so much !
I reckon I got 25 on Listening and 30 on Reading :frown:

I lost minimum 10 marks on the reading but not sure about listening, what was it out of again? It felt weird doing an exam on A4 paper- in my school they usually shrink it to maths book size so our language mocks are usually tiny!
I got A* in my coursework (all full marks except one which is 29). I think the exam was so easy, especially the listening. For the question where you had to finish the phrase, i put "storms cause floods", did anyone else write that?
Original post by Florent venhari
I got A* in my coursework (all full marks except one which is 29). I think the exam was so easy, especially the listening. For the question where you had to finish the phrase, i put "storms cause floods", did anyone else write that?

Do u have french backgrounds BTW??!!!
I agree - didnt find muchh wrong with it at all! listening was nice and simple

yes i did write that actually - l'inondation i heard which means floods so...
Reply 143
did anyone write forest fires?
Original post by Humzaawan123
If i got an A* overall on the writing, an A in speaking, an A in reading and a C in speaking what would my overall be ? since speaking is only worth 20 percent, bloody hated that paper so much

It is fully based on UMS which will be set by AQA. Last years UMS were: 210 = C; 230 = B; 260 = A and 280 = A*. Roughly, with your coursework marks you'll have, about, an A that is if you get the grades you said. However, the UMS grade boundaries haven't been released yet - they should be low due to the difficulty levels of those two exams!:tongue:
Is there an unofficial mark scheme out there?
Original post by ImagineCats
I lost minimum 10 marks on the reading but not sure about listening, what was it out of again? It felt weird doing an exam on A4 paper- in my school they usually shrink it to maths book size so our language mocks are usually tiny!

My school usually does the same.
Sometimes we have to use lined paper...
The listening was out of 40, and the reading 45.
Original post by huzza

I did
Original post by kwstudent
Do u have french backgrounds BTW??!!!
I agree - didnt find muchh wrong with it at all! listening was nice and simple

yes i did write that actually - l'inondation i heard which means floods so...

Nope, no french background at all :smile:
Nope, no french background at all :smile:

well - well done in ur grades then!
*btw i thought u were french backgrounds bcuz of ur name - its the sort ud c in the textbook :P
well - well done in ur grades then!
*btw i thought u were french backgrounds bcuz of ur name - its the sort ud c in the textbook :P

Lol, in the exam, i read the names Florian and Florence :tongue:
Original post by huzza

yes i wrote forest fires! for the second question, i think. the third one was deforestation apparently, and the last one was traffic jams.
Lol, in the exam, i read the names Florian and Florence :tongue:

glad you can read ! I nearly got mixed up between julien and juliette! just make it harder.com
:biggrin:
i think the first one was flooding the second one forest fires and the their the increase in fuel prices
Does anyone know where I could find an unofficial mark scheme? Thanks in advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChelK321
omg i heard the word l'inondation and I completely forgot what it meant and it was frustrating me so much:angry: so in the end i just guessed rising sea levels- then I remembered at the end l'inondation was flooding and i'm also hoping somehow they accept that :colondollar:

Omg yes we might actually get it! I made that guess out of nowhere like I seriously missed all of that question but I felt guilty leaving the space blank so just thought i might as well test my luck ahah, thanks.
Original post by Thinedivine
Yeah I do! In Marlow, you?

Wycombe :smile:
Do we send off two speaking and two writing exams/marks. If so, what are the UMS marks for them because I am getting confused without the online chart thingy. It only has one section for the writing and speaking marks. :smile:
glad you can read ! I nearly got mixed up between julien and juliette! just make it harder.com
:biggrin:

Lol, ikr
Original post by AliWard
Just to subtract from the worry - my teacher reckons the grade boundaries will be as follows: 19 = C; 23 = B; 26 = A and 30 = A*!

What do you all think?

I think:

A* - 25
A - 22
B - 19
C - 16

So the same as June 2013 (which I found much easier)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending