Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaypd
I think het, het and homo

same
Original post by Chandan1998
It was 148 and 38.. the answer was like 5200 something

Yes! I got that too
Original post by stardust-dream
i thought that the F1 plant bred with itself and its offspring were the F2 plants, where the ratio of purple to white was 3:1, so wouldn't that mean the F1 plant had to be heterozygous?? :confused: or maybe i read the question wrong, idk

Hi u :biggrin:

yeah i agree - pretty sure i put homo,heter,homo....prob all wrong but yeh i was runnin out of time
Original post by kwstudent
Hi u :biggrin:

yeah i agree - pretty sure i put homo,heter,homo....prob all wrong but yeh i was runnin out of time

lol hi :wink:

i think i put homo het het. but obviously now i doubt my decisions completely :tongue:
Original post by rhadawey
same

I don't think that's right. The last one can't be homo as u need same alleles to have homo. But a white and purple plant bred so they had different alleles so it has to be hetro as there are two versions of the same gene.
Reply 325
Original post by stardust-dream
i thought that the F1 plant bred with itself and its offspring were the F2 plants, where the ratio of purple to white was 3:1, so wouldn't that mean the F1 plant had to be heterozygous?? :confused: or maybe i read the question wrong, idk

Yes the F1 plant was heterozygous because it must of inherited a recessive allele from the white plant. The question asked for the two P plants and then the F1 plant so it would be NN, NN, Nn
Original post by kaypd
The question about the 3 equipment you had to use and how you would use it was a bit baffling. I did not realise it was quadrats

Wait how could u do quadrats when there was no square shape to throw down? I'm also confused about how the leaves were on trees, and what the tape measure was used for.
Was a transect the point?
same

No homo homo heto
Anyone predict mark and percentage for a B in b2?
Original post by 2015studenttt
I don't think that's right. The last one can't be homo as u need same alleles to have homo. But a white and purple plant bred so they had different alleles so it has to be hetro as there are two versions of the same gene.

I'm not sure how the question went exactly, but I'm pretty sure I was confident with my answer. The first two had different alleles, so they were het. I don't think I did very well anyway so you could be right.
I'm not sure how the question went exactly, but I'm pretty sure I was confident with my answer. The first two had different alleles, so they were het. I don't think I did very well anyway so you could be right.

Or I could be wrong...
Original post by Coolcrisp
No homo homo heto

Thank you, I feel terrible now lool :frown:
Does anyone remember the other questions that came up in b2
Reply 333
Original post by Coolcrisp
No homo homo heto

tbh I cant remember but all I do remember is that the first two were the same and the third was the other
Reply 334
Original post by Major Wilson
I messed up the magnification question, I put 40x when it was 400x. I didn't understand how many copies were needed for polydactyly and cystic fibrosis and the reason why the pH changed for both investigations. Apart from those it was decent, it was a weird paper though!

Trust me, it was 40 times, as u had to do 4/0.1 ������
Original post by kaypd
tbh I cant remember but all I do remember is that the first two were the same and the third was the other

What do u think the grade boundaries will be ?? For b2 and b3

Also what our questions came up?
Original post by omed.r

R u defo sure? I go the same as you but loads of other ppl r saying its x400
mayb theyll give a mark either way if it was us hu got it wrong or the x400's
Original post by omed.r

Wow I completely messed up I put 750 after measuring whole leaf
What did people put for the ratio?
Original post by kwstudent
R u defo sure? I go the same as you but loads of other ppl r saying its x400