The Student Room Group

Biology Exam - Tomorrow B1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jack.123765
Anyone got any revision tips for chemistry on Thursday or ideas of what might come up?

The atmosphere gases come up almost every year I think
And rocks
Alkanes and Alkenes will definitely be on Higher
I think combustion(incomplete?) might come up as a 6 marker
Original post by Rainbowhorror01
Nah they're different parts of the neurone
And it was a motor neurone
Which don't have dendrons

If I was to reference the edexcel CGP revision guide the term motor neurone is defined by the following definition:

Many short dendrons and one long axon to carry nerve impulses from the CNS to the effectors (muscle or gland).

Therefore, it's safe to say the examiner will accept both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh ****e
I wrote tape worms instead of tube worms
Ah well
I just added that as a 4th example at the end anyway

Didn't it say you had to write about three? Or did it say at least three? :confused:
It looks like they're both the same thing?
Original post by jack.123765
It looks like they're both the same thing?

Yeah, that's what I've been saying - they're both the same thing, but just have different names in different languages much alike the word hormone in greek

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katniss1
Didn't it say you had to write about three? Or did it say at least three? :confused:

The question said " explain, using three examples, how a mutualistic relationship benefits organisms." so you have to use three, I only managed to write 2 in detail
Original post by GCSEStudent386
If I was to reference the edexcel CGP revision guide the term motor neurone is defined by the following definition:

Many short dendrons and one long axon to carry nerve impulses from the CNS to the effectors (muscle or gland).

Therefore, it's safe to say the examiner will accept both.

Posted from TSR Mobile

From the Edexcel textbook:
From the Edexcel textbook:

My source of information was also from an edexcel revision guide, and others have also provided websites stating the term 'dendron', as well as 'dendrite'.

Either way, all edexcel core biology past paper mark schemes have referenced the use of the term dendron, not dendrite. It's same to assume, they'll be fine with both as stated previously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
In that exam I wrote a story about flipping buffaloes For my 6 mark questions. Where is my F ?
Original post by mariam_hxo
The question said " explain, using three examples, how a mutualistic relationship benefits organisms." so you have to use three, I only managed to write 2 in detail

What if you wrote more than 3?
What if you wrote more than 3?

That's fine because you still gave three so the examiner would be able to give you a top band mark and its good you gave extra detail. what were your examples?
Original post by mariam_hxo
That's fine because you still gave three so the examiner would be able to give you a top band mark and its good you gave extra detail. what were your examples?

I didn't do that, was just wondering.

did you do the chemistry one? for the electrolysis question, when it says state what form of energy is used what did you write? I wrote electricity and in brackets put direct current.

How about the one asking what do you see when it reacts with dilute sulfuric acid?
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh I didn't do that, was just wondering.

Did you do the chemistry one? For the electrolysis question, when it says state what form of energy is used or something, what did you write? I wrote electricity and in brackets put direct current.

How about the one asking what do you see when it reacts with dilute sulfuric acid?

for the electrolysis question I wrote direct current as well but what was the sulfuric acid one again?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending