The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Biology B1 12 May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skillzaismine
That question really got to me! Other than that the paper was so good like I hope it carries on being easy for P1 and the others

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg if p1 and c1 is like this it would be perfeeeect, i feel like this is the easiest edexcel paper ever made
Reply 181
Original post by samirsheth
What was the answer to the cystic fibrosis infertility question?
I don't know the exact answer but I wrote that he will get tired quickly and he has a short life span. I've checked the question and it should be that the tube the sperm travels through isn't fully developed...
Original post by Myp001
I don't know the exact answer but I wrote that he will get tired quickly and he has a short life span. I've checked the question and it should be that the tube the sperm travels through isn't fully developed...

But it wasnt on the spec!:confused::frown:
Reply 183
Original post by Scarlett2747
The mucus blocks the tube the sperm go through, i asked my teacher but i had no clue in the exam because we was not taught it and was not in cgp.
I think that question shouldn't even be there. 99.9% got it wrong!
Reply 184
Original post by NextGenRemix
What did people get for the probability question i got 3/4 and if you had the alleles HH did you have the disease i think i may have read the question wrong?
it's correct
Original post by Little_Miss22
Omg if p1 and c1 is like this it would be perfeeeect, i feel like this is the easiest edexcel paper ever made

I'm doing chem next year! This year I'm completing biology and physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Original post by _ariane29
Anyone have any chem predictions ? :smile: No point worrying about bio now its over there's nothing we can do. Let's not sacrifice our chem grade by stressing over what we have already got. Just move on and hold on to the hope the grade boundary's aren't as high as 53

I predict reactions of acids it hasn't come up in ages.

I agree with you
I think the paper was so easy, i'm so happy! but i got stuck on th emutualism because i didnt thoroughly revise that. i put
Oxpecker removes dead skin cells from other animals
Cleaner fish remove dead skin cells from bigger fish e.g shark
Chemosynthetic bacteria makes sulphide compounds for tube worms

How many marks would this get me???

Chemosynethic bacteria doesn't produce sulphide, hydrogen sulphide is produced by the hydrothermal vents, which the bacteria will break down with the carbon dioxide or water in the hydrothermal vents creating sugars and sulphur, for the tube worms/Pompeii worms/organisms living in the hydrothermal vents to use as food, there's barely that much detail in regards to your answers, you're stating the examples, but not why it's a mutualistic relationship, as in how they both benefit each other, as that is what a mutualistic relationship is (mutualism) so taking that into consideration, I would say you're looking at 2 or 3 marks at best.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm dreading c1 and p1!! Any last minute tips?
Original post by Roadrunner_
Chemosynethic bacteria doesn't produce sulphide, hydrogen sulphide is produced by the hydrothermal vents, which the bacteria will break down with the carbon dioxide or water in the hydrothermal vents creating sugars and sulphur, for the tube worms/Pompeii worms/organisms living in the hydrothermal vents to use as food, there's barely that much detail in regards to your answers, you're stating the examples, but not why it's a mutualistic relationship, as in how they both benefit each other, as that is what a mutualistic relationship is (mutualism) so taking that into consideration, I would say you're looking at 2 or 3 marks.

That great, i was thinking about three marks, its the only question i struggled on and cystic fibrosis infertile one so losing 5 marks out of 60 is alright
Original post by kirsty123456
I'm dreading c1 and p1!! Any last minute tips?

Omg same, but you found biology a breeze right? if so, the same amount and type of revision you did for biology i would just say do that again and try to add more,
Most of it is purely testing your memory so go over and over stuff that you even already know, to prevent mental block in the exam:smile:
Original post by skillzaismine
I'm doing chem next year! This year I'm completing biology and physics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg really? why???
I'm in year ten and im doing b1 p1 and c1 early, then next year in yr 11 i'll do b2 p2 c2
But its a dominant allele which causes the disease so even HH would cause the disease so its 75%
I got 50% for the probability one too:/
hey i also did the exam today and a question popped up about phosphates and nitrates im just wondering what everyone else put because i talked about eutrophication
the question on infertility of CF was quite hard
Does anybody know the answer to the calculation question about how much enery is lost in the food chain

I wrote 8%
What was the answer???? 😰😫
Omg really? why???
I'm in year ten and im doing b1 p1 and c1 early, then next year in yr 11 i'll do b2 p2 c2

Triple science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,
okay so I'm in year ten and this year I'll be doing Unit one, two and three of both biology and physics and chemistry will be left for year eleven! I was feeling pretty confident before reading this thread but I've realised that I may have made some really silly mistakes! First thing I did was check the six marks and was relieved and then the fertility and cystic fibrosis question got me and I can only remember writing something about mucus and also the man possibly having a low sperm count just to be safe as I had no clue. The other question I was unsure of was the second percentage as I got 8% which I've found to be incorrect! Also does anyone know whether labelling it as dendron would count rather than dendrite? Okay sorry for waffling I'm just feeling panicky about it after reading this thread!
Original post by shojibur
hey i also did the exam today and a question popped up about phosphates and nitrates im just wondering what everyone else put because i talked about eutrophication

Yeah I wrote about eutrophication and how it causes the death of aquatic animals! Basically went through the stages of it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending