wait was that sarcastic?

LMAO
Original post by cjxmc
There was a fire alarm half way through our exam :/

What were you told to do? What happened? :eek::eek:
Reply 342
Original post by jamesmobols
What were you told to do? What happened? :eek::eek:

The invigilators were like "omg what do we do" and we ended up just leaving our papers closed and walking outside. We got the extra time after and they applied for special consideration. Anyway it was a nice bit of drama
Original post by iJAKE
Only low grade boundaries can save us now haha

And if the questions in the unit 2 paper are okay :s-smilie:
Original post by TheStruders
I thought is said something about what is caused by high rainfall????
Floods, landslides??

I put floods and landslides too!
Can you send the link to me as well plzz
Original post by grammar12
I just found a really helpful revision guide on my computer for the unit 2 (GEO2) exam on Friday (I got a high A in it last year) with case studies and general info, also some examiners tips etc. If anybody wants it, drop me a message and Ill send it to you

Can u plss send the geo unit 2 link to me asap
thanks
El nino and la nina are correct . Volcanic eruptions may be accepted. Solar output is generally long term.
Hi , This is for those that completed question 8 .

Question 8 :

A) messed up

B) How human activity had lead to increased greenhouse emissions.

Valid points : Greenhouse emissions consists of carbon dioxide, methane and Carbon dioxide ( 1 )
Without greenhouse gas temperatures would be -18 Degrees cooler instead of the current 15 degree average. (1)
Understanding of how heat is reflected to earths surface and is unable to escape into the atmosphere (1)
Newly Industrilised Countries / Recently industrilised countries e.g. Singapoore, Hong Kong, China (1)
These release large amounts through Coal powered firestations, through lack of regulations etc. (1)
China largest emitters in the World / Developing countries largest emitters in comparison to developed. (1)
Defforestation In Amazon forest in Brazil (1)
Fossil fuels burning (1)
Non-efficent cars , people using transport such as likes of cars, buses, aeroplanes , Boats.(1)
Carbon footprint understanding. (1)
Kyoto Protocal explained in little detail. (1)
Generally people emitting through housing e.g. electricity via kettles (1)
Food miles ? Carbon offsetting ? Carbon Neutral ? etc.
Lots more but these have been generally mentioned in the mark schemes in the last few years.
Reply 349
What did everyone write for transport encouraging globalisation? Think it was 4/5 marks
Original post by sara1717
Can u plss send the geo unit 2 link to me asap
thanks

look through this thread, its here in like 4 places
Hi i said 0-5 year olds INCREASED however 60-70 DECREASED? Did anyone else put that?
Original post by daalchaval
Hi i said 0-5 year olds INCREASED however 60-70 DECREASED? Did anyone else put that?

I put both increased.
Younger population because of high birth rate and natural increase.
Older population because of health and medication increasing life expectancy.
Original post by EMPA2015
Hi , This is for those that completed question 8 .

Question 8 :

A) messed up

B) How human activity had lead to increased greenhouse emissions.

Valid points : Greenhouse emissions consists of carbon dioxide, methane and Carbon dioxide ( 1 )
Without greenhouse gas temperatures would be -18 Degrees cooler instead of the current 15 degree average. (1)
Understanding of how heat is reflected to earths surface and is unable to escape into the atmosphere (1)
Newly Industrilised Countries / Recently industrilised countries e.g. Singapoore, Hong Kong, China (1)
These release large amounts through Coal powered firestations, through lack of regulations etc. (1)
China largest emitters in the World / Developing countries largest emitters in comparison to developed. (1)
Defforestation In Amazon forest in Brazil (1)
Fossil fuels burning (1)
Non-efficent cars , people using transport such as likes of cars, buses, aeroplanes , Boats.(1)
Carbon footprint understanding. (1)
Kyoto Protocal explained in little detail. (1)
Generally people emitting through housing e.g. electricity via kettles (1)
Food miles ? Carbon offsetting ? Carbon Neutral ? etc.
Lots more but these have been generally mentioned in the mark schemes in the last few years.

I did question 8!
I wrote similar things for the 15 mark, ghg emissions increase, warming atmosphere, burning fossil feuls, transport and co2 sinks. I also said about agriculture and methane but not Kyoto or nics... You sound like you had loads if detail and points!
Felt like I was simply repeating the resources for the 10 mark so moved on and was going to come back then with 5 mins to spare i realised I still had a section a q to finish!! I did it though, nothing left blank.

I felt quite confident with the Africa CS but what was that about?! Couldn't think of any other economic impacts "except farming" and I wrote how animals would need more shade for rising temps... Eek!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by megan*kate
I did question 8!
I wrote similar things for the 15 mark, ghg emissions increase, warming atmosphere, burning fossil feuls, transport and co2 sinks. I also said about agriculture and methane but not Kyoto or nics... You sound like you had loads if detail and points!
Felt like I was simply repeating the resources for the 10 mark so moved on and was going to come back then with 5 mins to spare i realised I still had a section a q to finish!! I did it though, nothing left blank.

I felt quite confident with the Africa CS but what was that about?! Couldn't think of any other economic impacts "except farming" and I wrote how animals would need more shade for rising temps... Eek!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only had 10 minutes left to do question 8 so not all of these points i mentioned i covered, haha, and your points sound good i reckon at least 10 marks if you expanded.
Personally I would have mentioned:
Tourism ( 1) expansion/example (1)
Big 5 affected(1)
Local businesses effected as a result of not being able to grow crops as they may pay the agricultural people for wheat, corn etc. (1)
Overall economic crisis mentioned
Fisheries affected by likes of storms etc. (1)
storms increase damage to buildings etc. (1)
Potential yield increase in some areas in the east near coasts (1)
Original post by Turbo1
I wrote the same sort of thing for the farming and i'm pretty sure you'd get the marks for that

In terms of the short term cc I mucked up the question 100% and wrote about the Greenhouse effect and methane, maybe get 1 mark hopefully.

But I know the Milankovitch Cycle isn't short term but Sunspots is short/medium (I basically had a mind blank and thought volcanoes etc, were all long/medium term)

It said change in rainfall not necessarily more
Original post by 98girl
What did everyone write for transport encouraging globalisation? Think it was 4/5 marks

I said about time-space compression, have example of Airbus a380 compared to sailing ship travel times and basically how everything could be done quicker and therefore more efficiently and compared South Koreans economic growth time to the UK
El nino and la nina are correct . Volcanic eruptions may be accepted. Solar output is generally long term.

What about meteor strike? Would that come under volcanic eruption because similar outcome of emissions in the air
Reply 358
Please put the link up thank you so much!! Any predictions guys for unit 2 on Friday ???
Reply 359

Ignore this. Volcanic eruptions will definitely be accepted as it is a temporary change in temperature such as Mountain Tambora raising temperatures by 1 degrees. So is solar output as compared to a cycle of 96,000 or so, it is only short of something like 11.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending