The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tanisa97
Thanks and I hope that come results day you're more confident with your decision.

I realize that but being an international student, I always seem to have to justify my decision over Warwick because of its overall prestige. Most of the older people I know have never even heard of Bristol or even UCL or KCL before but rave about Warwick. Looking at this now, they're probably misinformed but it does cause some doubt...

I wouldn't worry, go where you feel is best for you, as long as you go to a respected university for undergraduate it doesn't really matter...

I chose Nottingham over Durham, despite the latter being ranked as a "better" department by rankings and other people. I just didn't like it anywhere near as much as Nottingham.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Thanks and I hope that come results day you're more confident with your decision.

I realize that but being an international student, I always seem to have to justify my decision over Warwick because of its overall prestige. Most of the older people I know have never even heard of Bristol or even UCL or KCL before but rave about Warwick. Looking at this now, they're probably misinformed but it does cause some doubt...

They have never heard of UCL and KCL. Are you for real? They are both world renowned universities.
Hey just firmed Nottingham and sorted accommodation. I'm on the waiting list for an en suite at university park. My third choice is at jubilee park as that's the next en suite accommodation available. I was just wondering on people's thoughts on it as I haven't visited and I think it's a half a mile walk from university park
Has anyone else firmed Nottingham over the more 'prestigious' Universities e.g Warwick, Bristol, LSE, UCL, KCL etc.
How secure/confident do you feel with your decision?

Yeah I firmed Nottingham over KCL and I'm happy with my decision. I visited KCL today and it's just not the same experience as a campus university. When I visited Nottingham I knew it was for me
Original post by Julietxox
Yeah I firmed Nottingham over KCL and I'm happy with my decision. I visited KCL today and it's just not the same experience as a campus university. When I visited Nottingham I knew it was for me

I insured KCL. Tbh i liked it but its more city orientated compared to notts but im from London so...
Original post by ThatGuyRik
I insured KCL. Tbh i liked it but its more city orientated compared to notts but im from London so...

Yeah I definitely think it depends if you like city or campus based uni. I live close to London and my dad works there so I know what it's like. I just preferred Nottingham :smile:
Has anyone else firmed Nottingham over the more 'prestigious' Universities e.g Warwick, Bristol, LSE, UCL, KCL etc.
How secure/confident do you feel with your decision?

I certainly think you made the right choice Jane :wink:
How did your applicaion go? I've put English lit and American studies as my firm choice!
Anyone accepted their offer for architecture?
Just firmed Nottingham for Chem with a yr in industry, any other chemists going to notts here :smile:?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1390
Hi,

I have an unconditional offer to study Biochemistry Bsc with the Science Foundation Year in 2015. Is anyone else studying the Foundation Year too? Also, I'm having a lot of trouble deciding between Southampton, Nottingham and Keele. Anyone up for comparing? My brain is going to melt with the stress of it all 😩
Original post by ZS_
Hi,

I have an unconditional offer to study Biochemistry Bsc with the Science Foundation Year in 2015. Is anyone else studying the Foundation Year too? Also, I'm having a lot of trouble deciding between Southampton, Nottingham and Keele. Anyone up for comparing? My brain is going to melt with the stress of it all ������

Have you seen all of the unis in person? Keele was one of the unis I looked at during an open day and it definitely wasn't nearly as good as Nottingham. Also, there is way more to do in an area like Notts than Stoke-on-Trent.
Original post by ZS_
Hi,

I have an unconditional offer to study Biochemistry Bsc with the Science Foundation Year in 2015. Is anyone else studying the Foundation Year too? Also, I'm having a lot of trouble deciding between Southampton, Nottingham and Keele. Anyone up for comparing? My brain is going to melt with the stress of it all 😩

I'm going to be starting the science foundation year at keele's this year, from students and past students I'v talked to and those reviews on the internet, it all seems very positive, plus I like its one of the biggest campus based unis in the uk and has that kind of vintage and country look to it. Also in 2014 it was ranked 1st for student satisfaction and found this on there site ;

Forensic Science and Sociology at Keele were ranked first for subject-level performace, with top 10 rankings for: American Studies, Anatomy, Biology, Geology, Maths, Media Studies, Medicine, Biochemistry, Music, Pharmacy, Politics, and Social Policy. Its based on the National Student Survey in 2014 :smile:
Original post by Audiology-Med
I'm going to be starting the science foundation year at keele's this year, from students and past students I'v talked to and those reviews on the internet, it all seems very positive, plus I like its one of the biggest campus based unis in the uk and has that kind of vintage and country look to it. Also in 2014 it was ranked 1st for student satisfaction and found this on there site ;

Forensic Science and Sociology at Keele were ranked first for subject-level performace, with top 10 rankings for: American Studies, Anatomy, Biology, Geology, Maths, Media Studies, Medicine, Biochemistry, Music, Pharmacy, Politics, and Social Policy. Its based on the National Student Survey in 2014 :smile:

Notts is still better tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophieet_

I have Sophie. Are you doing A level or anything else?
Had an unconditional for politics and economics at Nottingham but put it as my reserve so it's not unconditional any more :frown:
But I loved Nottingham so I'll be happy if I end up there- but I know I'll have last choice of accommodation which is depressing- any tips on the best/worst ones that I might get if I end up at Nottingham?
Original post by ZS_
Hi,

Nottingham has a better reputation than the other two. I looked at Southampton and found it a bit run down and dull in comparison to Nottingham which seemed vibrant and had lots to do but it depends what you are looking for :smile:
Original post by Sophieet_

I have!!:smile::smile:
Original post by Freestyle29
Had an unconditional for politics and economics at Nottingham but put it as my reserve so it's not unconditional any more :frown:
But I loved Nottingham so I'll be happy if I end up there- but I know I'll have last choice of accommodation which is depressing- any tips on the best/worst ones that I might get if I end up at Nottingham?

Just choose Notts. The politics and economics departments are both extremely well regarded - especially Economics.

Depends if you are going for on campus accommodation (catered) or off campus (self-catered). On campus accommodation is given out via a random allocation system; it doesn't really matter where you end up because you'll grow to love your hall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kaleyelizabeth96
I must admit the interview was terrifying and I ran out of time on the maths test. Revise organic chemistry, but the chemistry aspect was probably the easiest bit. Learn about different sectors of the pharmacy field too! I didn't expect to get an offer, I'm a gap year student so already have my grades but still, only like 2 other people on TSR have gotten offers from nottingham for pharmacy, they're putting a lot of people on hold. Not to worry you or anything, good luck!

OMG hi, sorry haven't really been on tsr in ages
But I got an offer too! But with how exams are going it's seems that I won't get the entry requirements :frown:
Still hopeful but yea all the exams this year has been horrible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending