The Student Room Group

Which uni is better for engineering?

Sheffield, Leeds, Loughborough, Birmingham or Newcastle?
Sheffield, that's not even a question :tongue: Maybe Loughborough and Leeds are close-ish academically but they don't have the same university experience that UoS provides, as far as I can tell.
Reply 2
Original post by Helloworld_95
Sheffield, that's not even a question :tongue: Maybe Loughborough and Leeds are close-ish academically but they don't have the same university experience that UoS provides, as far as I can tell.

I've heard Newcastle provides a very good uni experience out of the options. In terms of reputation, which is better? Apart from Loughborough, they're all RG universities.
Original post by AgNO3
I've heard Newcastle provides a very good uni experience out of the options. In terms of reputation, which is better? Apart from Loughborough, they're all RG universities.

Sheffield's the only one which is consistently top 10 for engineering (used to be top 7 but I think it's dropped because the faculty's more focused on staying number 1 for income and opening up the Diamond at the moment), the others tend towards top 15. Have a check of unistats to get a better idea though.

As for uni experience, there's a reason why Sheffield's SU has been voted the best for 6 years in a row :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Helloworld_95
Sheffield's the only one which is consistently top 10 for engineering (used to be top 7 but I think it's dropped because the faculty's more focused on staying number 1 for income and opening up the Diamond at the moment), the others tend towards top 15. Have a check of unistats to get a better idea though.

As for uni experience, there's a reason why Sheffield's SU has been voted the best for 6 years in a row :tongue:

Lboro #1 SU (and overall student experience) in 2015

http://www.whatuni.com/advice/student%20life/best-students-unions-in-the-uk-according-to-students/54285/

Sheffield all the way back in 2nd place. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reputation wise it has to be Bham
Reply 6
Original post by golden tribe
Reputation wise it has to be Bham

For engineering or overall?

Quick Reply

Latest