The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

18 and have a date with a 30 year old soon :smile:
I dated someone 10+ older than me, he was my first boyfriend too. It just so happened that he was older. Over time it did become a bit of a problem as we were at different stages in our life, and he was very immature at times.
Original post by sund1ata
I would question it too, because it sounds like you're quite dour. The word "immature", as used by you, describes only yourself. Little women bed-wetting over irrelevant age gaps, it's ridiculous. Don't worry. Nobody interesting with any experience is going to ask a worried little lady out on a date, you're quite safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dour? Not quite, just sensible enough to know that older men who go after 20 year old women are losers.

Your overreaction is amusing, though. Are you in your 30s, harbouring delusional daydreams of being able to bed young women at any age and kidding yourself it's for all the right reasons?

Hm?
Original post by Meyrin

Hm?

I met my boyfriend when I was 20, he was 30 when we worked together. Neither of us knew each other's age when he asked me out of a date. He didn't go after a younger partner, it just happened. And who is to say we are different parts of lives? We are both looking for relocating soon for career progression. As far as marriage etc. goes, I don't want marriage or kids in my 5 year plan or even 10. He's pretty happy with that. Yea things can change, but that is the same with any relationship.

Your statement had too many assumptions, with not looking at each case differently. If an older guy was looking for a younger gal or vice versa then I would understand a little more, but that is not always the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
I was with a much younger girl at one point.

Got a bit boring coming home every night from work to Bob the Builder and colouring in though.
Original post by Meyrin
Dour? Not quite, just sensible enough to know that older men who go after 20 year old women are losers.

Personally i don't see anything wrong with age gaps however the deciding factor for me is whether that older male actively seeks a young thing or whether he just has a broad net and happened to catch a young fish. There's a difference between running into a 20 year old out with the girls in a cocktail bar and said male going to a student night somewhere explicitly to catch such a girl.

That being said, sex is one of my liberal areas so i'd not judge them negatively to the extent that you have.
Original post by EmmaLauren93
I met my boyfriend when I was 20, he was 30 when we worked together. Neither of us knew each other's age when he asked me out of a date. He didn't go after a younger partner, it just happened. And who is to say we are different parts of lives? We are both looking for relocating soon for career progression. As far as marriage etc. goes, I don't want marriage or kids in my 5 year plan or even 10. He's pretty happy with that. Yea things can change, but that is the same with any relationship.

Your statement had too many assumptions, with not looking at each case differently. If an older guy was looking for a younger gal or vice versa then I would understand a little more, but that is not always the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doing so unintentionally is naturally better than purposely seeking them out, but I still find it very odd that a 30 year old would want to be with a 20 year old, to be honest. The discrepancy in maturity and life experiences is too much, and I'd wonder if there's something wrong with him that he couldn't get/ isn't interested in a girl closer to his own age.

Still, if you're secure and happy enough, my opinion should be irrelevant.
Reply 67
She is in her early thirties, this was on NYE, cho boy is (still) 20 years old.
Original post by Nucleotide
18 and have a date with a 30 year old soon :smile:

Good luck, how did you meet each other and were you bothered by the age gap?
Original post by BeDirectWomen
Good luck, how did you meet each other and were you bothered by the age gap?

We met on tinder aha

not bothered at all by the age gap - if anything I found the extra maturity all the more attractive
Original post by Meyrin
Doing so unintentionally is naturally better than purposely seeking them out, but I still find it very odd that a 30 year old would want to be with a 20 year old, to be honest. The discrepancy in maturity and life experiences is too much, and I'd wonder if there's something wrong with him that he couldn't get/ isn't interested in a girl closer to his own age.

Still, if you're secure and happy enough, my opinion should be irrelevant.

I don't see how it's any different either way. Preferences are preferences. If two people are attracted to each other and both legal and consenting, who cares?
Reply 71
Yes I have, age is but a number if there's mutual attraction there.
Original post by BeDirectWomen
Well, as the title says really. When I say 'much older' I mean like 10 to 20 years (or more) older than you. As for younger, I'm guessing that as students you won't have dated anyone that much younger than you, but maybe a few years younger (unless you're a mature student).

How old were you & how old were they? What were your experiences/how did it work out?

i have had sexual relations with both, much younger and much older than myself, both have fors and againts ,for me i prefer younger or similar age
Reply 73
45 is not a typical grandpa age 🤣

Latest

Trending

Trending