The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B2 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Ah I did that too :frown:
Reply 361
Original post by Major Wilson
I messed up the magnification question, I put 40x when it was 400x. I didn't understand how many copies were needed for polydactyly and cystic fibrosis and the reason why the pH changed for both investigations. Apart from those it was decent, it was a weird paper though!

Ah I did that too :frown: Was it in mm and cm or something?
Paper itself was ok, I just panicked and screwed up
Reply 363
Original post by Ilyas_99
i messed up the first question, like i forgot about all the products of digestion and started writing about how alkali milk is

omg i completely did not think about that!! fatty ACIDS ahhhhhhh i did that so wrong
Reply 364
Was there a question about an egg in the B3 test?
Reply 365
Original post by 2015studenttt
Balloon question? I didn't see that or we may have done a different paper.

That was b3 question. My mistake
I wrote for how species become extinct
1, new predators come in
2, when animals are unsuccessful in mating
3, when people kill or eat animals I.e dodo

Posted from TSR Mobile
i wrote that phew! to be honest i just kinda guessed :tongue:
Original post by Smingle
1 and 2. Only one dominant allele needed to express characteristic. Two recessive needed to express that characteristic. I think?
i didn't read the question properly i didntknow it was extinction i thought it was about how two species occur from one:frown:
Original post by Naveedkhan.01
I wrote for how species become extinct
1, new predators come in
2, when animals are unsuccessful in mating
3, when people kill or eat animals I.e dodo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by staro62
i didn't read the question properly i didntknow it was extinction i thought it was about how two species occur from one:frown:

this was b2 or b3 !!???
i think it was b3 because in b2 it was how different species occur from ONE specie
Original post by TheTruthTeller
this was b2 or b3 !!???
impretty sure its right but i put they are ultrastructure organelles it said it my book thats an A* answer but I'm not sure wrote it for the correct one question
:blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing:
Original post by Elzie123
I had no idea what to put for that mitochondria question! I put they were too small or they were see-through!! I know it sounds stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnimeFreak101
First question 1, second one 2 cuz its recessive

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's actually 1 for recessive because it's always homozygous which is one type. Dominant is 2 as it can be expressed in 2 ways e.g. Rr or RR
Original post by Fahim Awal
It's actually 1 for recessive because it's always homozygous which is one type. Dominant is 2 as it can be expressed in 2 ways e.g. Rr or RR

It wanted the 'smallest' number of copy tho - therefore - only 1 dominant is needed as it is expressed even when another allele is present
Original post by Ed Jeffrey
No, I put I curve but I realise I'm wrong. With dialysis, the urea is flown away and out of the dialysis fluid meaning that the concentration gradient stays constant so you are indeed CORRECT! :biggrin:

That's good to hear but are you sure? Could you point me to anywhere that says that/shows a graph?

Also for the glucose concentration, do you have to continue the line even after dialysis has finished?
Hi i put homo homo hetero.. It was right cause my punnet square showed it!
I said that ribosomes were too small so need more magnification than the light microscope! hope it was right aha
It was 0.1mm size, and it showed 4 cm so 40mm/0.1 = 400
homo homo hetero.. because the punnet square was Nn Nn
Original post by staro62
what was the answer too the homo hereto one I'm not sure i got it right

I put homo, hetero, hetero but my friend put Homo, homo, hetero so I have no idea now :s-smilie: Am I the only one who found it harder than expected?

The whole thing was about interpreting data. I'm most annoyed with the 2nd QWC question, I literally went through all the QWC questions that could have came up but nope, totally crashed and burned on that one :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending