The Student Room Group

Geog2 AQA Geographical Skills 15th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by pheebsey
oh i'd much rather it be on rivers! that 15 marker was great in geog1 :biggrin:

Hmm i think population links to what i did in gcse so i know a lot of it
Are you serious? hahah

I saw siomeone say on here something about that 15 marker coming up the night before so i looked at it really quick...(they also preditcted the health one!) Dont know who they are but pretty sure their name must have been Derren Brown...

I don't think i did too bad, i just hoped for something that i can go in depth to... like landforms or something!!
Original post by MW-19--
Are you serious? hahah

I saw siomeone say on here something about that 15 marker coming up the night before so i looked at it really quick...(they also preditcted the health one!) Dont know who they are but pretty sure their name must have been Derren Brown...

I don't think i did too bad, i just hoped for something that i can go in depth to... like landforms or something!!

yeah but it was literally just changes downstream which is basically my fieldwork so i found it really good, nice nd simple, just yh hope i went into enough depth. nm, can't change it now
oh i'd much rather it be on rivers! that 15 marker was great in geog1 :biggrin:

Yes I agree! Wasn't so keen on Population Change
Reply 23
yeah but it was literally just changes downstream which is basically my fieldwork so i found it really good, nice nd simple, just yh hope i went into enough depth. nm, can't change it now

Very true!
Well i wish you luck on friday!!
Original post by jaggles123

nah but i never liked human anyway so i wasn't hoping for much. what other human topic do u do?
Original post by MW-19--
Very true!
Well i wish you luck on friday!!

ah thanks! and you :smile:
nah but i never liked human anyway so i wasn't hoping for much. what other human topic do u do?

My other human topic was food supply which was awful:frown: I only answered 1 question with confidence.. the rest was guessing! what about you??
My other human topic was food supply which was awful:frown: I only answered 1 question with confidence.. the rest was guessing! what about you??

Health. 15marker on TNC's which we spent about one lesson on so i just had to guess most of it :/
I haven't started revising for this. Should I go over rivers and population, learn my questions and then do past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find past papers help especially with the second section on the skills paper about your field work investigation, it gives you an idea of what sort of question are asked.
Reply 30
any ideas how to maximise marks, ive read markschemes and know my field work well. I just need to know how they want us to word it?
Reply 31
Original post by MW-19--
Are you serious? hahah

Original post by TheGreatImposter
I haven't started revising for this. Should I go over rivers and population, learn my questions and then do past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by easton03
I find past papers help especially with the second section on the skills paper about your field work investigation, it gives you an idea of what sort of question are asked.

Hey guys, good luck for Friday. I found these really good geographical methods mindmaps and notes on tsr here and thought you might find them useful (they're free).

Here's a screenshot of one to give you an idea what they're like:

geog_researchmethods.JPG
Think it's probably on rivers - we had someone come in to talk to our school who had been involved in setting the papers for this year I think, and he hinted alot about hjulstrom curve? So thinking since it wasnt in Geog1 that could come up...
In case you guys didn't know they can only ask you questions on Rivers and Population if it's a question where you need background knowledge on it. That's because those are the two units everyone does. If there's some questions on deserts then you won't need background knowledge to answer it ok.

Food section was evilll
Just checked all the past papers:
June 2014- rivers
June 2013- population
June 2012- rivers
June 2011- rivers
June 2010- population
June 2009- rivers

All the Januarys have been population apart from one (January 2010)
Based on June I'd say population, but based on all of them I'm inclined to think it's rivers.

BETTER REVISE BOTH! :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 36
I have been looking over past papers and it looks like after around June 2010 they hasn't been many or any questions that ask statistical skills such as arithmetic mean, spearman rank & inter-quartile range? did some of them get taken away from the specification or?
Original post by geegee1
I have been looking over past papers and it looks like after around June 2010 they hasn't been many or any questions that ask statistical skills such as arithmetic mean, spearman rank & inter-quartile range? did some of them get taken away from the specification or?

Still there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by londonengland
Just checked all the past papers:
June 2014- rivers
June 2013- population
June 2012- rivers
June 2011- rivers
June 2010- population
June 2009- rivers

All the Januarys have been population apart from one (January 2010)
Based on June I'd say population, but based on all of them I'm inclined to think it's rivers.

BETTER REVISE BOTH! :frown: :frown: :frown:

Jan 09 was population too :frown:

Edit: just read your post never mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
AQA seem to be taking a load of past questions and putting on AS this year... I'm hoping it's going to be rivers but we'll see :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending