The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

another sleepless night...almost not even worth mentioning them :tongue:

mood is okay I guess, finding stuff to hold my concentration or focus is hard though, get bored really easily atm, nothing seems to make me feel much :erm:

hoping the post today will help though

Spoiler

woke up before midday today
eaten breakfast
and now checking my email

today is going to be a good day
Original post by hellokittymad
woke up before midday today
eaten breakfast
and now checking my email

today is going to be a good day

Good to hear! :hugs:
Original post by superwolf
Good to hear! :hugs:

*pets wolfie* im all sneezy though and i've got to go into uni later later about half 6 which is making me nervous
*pets wolfie* im all sneezy though and i've got to go into uni later later about half 6 which is making me nervous

*wriggles*

Is it hay fever, or a cold? Either way I hope you feel better soon. :smile: I'm sure uni will go fine for you.
*wriggles*

Is it hay fever, or a cold? Either way I hope you feel better soon. :smile: I'm sure uni will go fine for you.

*giggles* it's allergies, thank you
I'm nervous cause it's always so busy and noisy and that makes me worry
*giggles* it's allergies, thank you
I'm nervous cause it's always so busy and noisy and that makes me worry

You'll be alright - remember no-one's going to do you any harm, they're just minding their own business. :smile: You'll be fine, and the more you go out and about, the more confident you'll feel.
You'll be alright - remember no-one's going to do you any harm, they're just minding their own business. :smile: You'll be fine, and the more you go out and about, the more confident you'll feel.

I'm taking my ear defenders and ear phones that block out a lot of noise and people and i've a list of books that I need to find ready to take so that lessens my anxiety...I've got prep reading to do and note taking but i've no idea how to do that :/
I'm taking my ear defenders and ear phones that block out a lot of noise and people and i've a list of books that I need to find ready to take so that lessens my anxiety...I've got prep reading to do and note taking but i've no idea how to do that :/

If you're not sure about stuff like note taking, ask your uni for help. :smile: They should have some kind of study skills programme or resources, and it's never too late to ask for help about it!
If you're not sure about stuff like note taking, ask your uni for help. :smile: They should have some kind of study skills programme or resources, and it's never too late to ask for help about it!

Wolfie knows lots of things! I'm getting excited for starting but i find reading difficult so why I chose a course that requires so much I don't know
slept okayish last night. kept waking up anxious but maybe 7 hours broken sleep which is more than ive had in a long time. still feeling utterly exhausted though. think I need to improve diet. which is hard when I have 0 motivation to go into town to buy proper food, cook it and then deal with washing up. all too much. everything is too much. seeing wellbeing lady today, first time in 7/8 weeks. anxious.
Original post by ScaryScience
slept okayish last night. kept waking up anxious but maybe 7 hours broken sleep which is more than ive had in a long time. still feeling utterly exhausted though. think I need to improve diet. which is hard when I have 0 motivation to go into town to buy proper food, cook it and then deal with washing up. all too much. everything is too much. seeing wellbeing lady today, first time in 7/8 weeks. anxious.

Hope it goes well. :hugs: Here if you need anything. :yep:
Had a bad night on Sunday. Had an offer put in on our house and it totally rocked me because I don't want to move, I don't deal with change well, hopefully Cognitive Behavioural Therapy should help with that

GP asked if I felt like I would harm myself, which I answered no to. I wouldn't due to fear.

But I havent told him about SH, I want tp but I just don't know if he would find it stupid or if its something that could get me sectioned
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Had a bad night on Sunday. Had an offer put in on our house and it totally rocked me because I don't want to move, I don't deal with change well, hopefully Cognitive Behavioural Therapy should help with that

GP asked if I felt like I would harm myself, which I answered no to. I wouldn't due to fear.

But I havent told him about SH, I want tp but I just don't know if he would find it stupid or if its something that could get me sectioned

Self harm is very unlikely to get you sectioned, unless it is very severe. You only get sectioned if you are an imminent danger to yourself or others and you need to be in hospital to manage your risk and you refuse to go to hospital. And even then, some people don't get sectioned, so I would say tell him, because then maybe they can help you with it.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, I would put this post in a spoiler as it may trigger people.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pathway

Does anyone know what a lead professional is? Because the lady I saw yesterday said that she's my lead professional...Is it basically the same as a care co? What's the difference?

I can only base my knowledge on where I live and where I used to work. But a lead professional is someone who is in charge of your care, kind of like a care coordinator but there are differences.The main difference is that if you are under a lead professional, you have a more basic care plan than someone who has a care coordinator and is in the Care Programme Approach. Usually the care plan is a letter, whilst someone with a care co has a detailed document.

Also usually someone with a lead professional only really sees the lead professional, and won't see anyone else in the CMHT, whilst someone with a care co will see different people in the team. Of course that would change if you need to see someone else, e.g. a therapist.

Hope that made some sense!
Original post by bullettheory

Also, if you wouldn't mind, I would put this post in a spoiler as it may trigger people.

I don't think you're able to do that if you're an anon poster. I think a mod will have to edit it for them, but yeah, I completely agree.

Are you ok?
I can only base my knowledge on where I live and where I used to work. But a lead professional is someone who is in charge of your care, kind of like a care coordinator but there are differences.The main difference is that if you are under a lead professional, you have a more basic care plan than someone who has a care coordinator and is in the Care Programme Approach. Usually the care plan is a letter, whilst someone with a care co has a detailed document.

Also usually someone with a lead professional only really sees the lead professional, and won't see anyone else in the CMHT, whilst someone with a care co will see different people in the team. Of course that would change if you need to see someone else, e.g. a therapist.

Hope that made some sense!

Ah, okay, that makes more sense haha! Thank you. I tried Google and sites just gave conflicting information, lol. Thank you. :smile:
Self harm is very unlikely to get you sectioned, unless it is very severe. You only get sectioned if you are an imminent danger to yourself or others and you need to be in hospital to manage your risk and you refuse to go to hospital. And even then, some people don't get sectioned, so I would say tell him, because then maybe they can help you with it.

Original post by Pathway
I don't think you're able to do that if you're an anon poster. I think a mod will have to edit it for them, but yeah, I completely agree.

Are you ok?

I'm waaaaay ahead of you's :wink:
Original post by Odd socks
I'm waaaaay ahead of you's :wink:

Thank you. :h:

How are you? :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
Thank you. :h:

How are you? :hugs:

I'm okay, just had my first exam. I think it went okay, I'm 99% sure I passed there were some obscure questions I had no idea for, so I'm not sure whether I'll have got the B I was aiming for.

how are you today?

Latest