The Student Room Group

OCR MEI Maths Exams Discussion Thread- C1-C4, M1, S1, FP1 etc

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlecRobertson
Oh then my formula would add up yes, so worst case scenario you can drop a mark. ****.If proof comes up for 3 marks I'm done for!

I know right? Proofs are where I consistently **** up. They don't like my wording xD
I just don't "get" proof. It's the same in C3 - I've just given up trying to be good at it tbh.
Proof is okay! The questions are usually just "prove every number of this form is divisible by blah" or "prove 2^(1/2) is irrational", stuff like that. Its just a bit of algebraic rearranging.
Anyone just do the M2 paper? Oh my God :frown:
Reply 24
Original post by lizard54142
Anyone just do the M2 paper? Oh my God :frown:

Yes I just did. What was that thing... I screwed up so badly on question 2!! And where were the frameworks??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dan205
Yes I just did. What was that thing... I screwed up so badly on question 2!! And where were the frameworks??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was relying on the frameworks question for marks! I got an answer for everything... whether they were right who knows.
Reply 26
I was relying on the frameworks question for marks! I got an answer for everything... whether they were right who knows.

Same here! Did you have any idea how to do 2) ii) b (i think )? That was the one with the pulley system? I got something with one decimal place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dan205
Same here! Did you have any idea how to do 2) ii) b (i think )? That was the one with the pulley system? I got something with one decimal place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which one was that, where P was moving down the slope?
Reply 28
Which one was that, where P was moving down the slope?

Yeah, sorry for the bad description :tongue: it didn't make any sense to me,but I just put it as though P was moving up the slope anyway and got a one decimal place answer so I dunno :/ haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dan205
Yeah, sorry for the bad description :tongue: it didn't make any sense to me,but I just put it as though P was moving up the slope anyway and got a one decimal place answer so I dunno :/ haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

God knows, I just used an energy method. What did you get for the angle of AB?
Reply 30
God knows, I just used an energy method. What did you get for the angle of AB?

Hahahaha I got 43 degrees Ish I think?? You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dan205
Hahahaha I got 43 degrees Ish I think?? You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

43?! I got like 1.7 :/
Reply 32
43?! I got like 1.7 :/

I think you're right... One of my friends got that as well :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dan205
I think you're right... One of my friends got that as well :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, looks like you forgot to subtract from 45 :frown:
Reply 34
Is anyone else sitting the FP1 paper tomorrow? What are you must nervous about coming up? I'm dreading proof by induction! :'(
Reply 35
Has anyone got an unofficial mark scheme from the C1 paper this morning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Okay, looks like you forgot to subtract from 45 :frown:

Ah well! I should still get around 7 or 8/10 hopefully! I just couldn't believe how tricky it was!! None of the past papers have ever been that bad!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dan205
Ah well! I should still get around 7 or 8/10 hopefully! I just couldn't believe how tricky it was!! None of the past papers have ever been that bad!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I reckon you'll only lose the last mark or 2 :smile: low grade boundaries I hope
Reply 38
I reckon you'll only lose the last mark or 2 :smile: low grade boundaries I hope

It'd better be!!!! Urghh MEI, why make it so unnecessarily difficult?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thechemistress
aha, same here- we did stats ages ago (before October half term) so I can barely remember any of it.
what are you getting in past papers?

Aha it ranges, mostlY B's but I get so confused by permutations and combinations, I just can't identify one from the other

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending