The Student Room Group

OCR MEI - C1 - 13th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bruhh
Yeah, I quite like FP1 since much like Core 1 they almost always have the same questions just slightly different on every paper.

I completely agree, i absolutely love when they give you 14marks for the graph questions! Just praying that the induction question isnt too tricky!
Reply 161
Original post by JamesExtra
Guys what was the equation that you had to complete the square on??

I think.... 3x^2+12x+13?
Original post by Manexopi
Wait I thought for the one being above the x axis you work out te min y value and show its greater than 0.

At least that's what I've seen on past mark schemes?

Yes that's what I did, I found the turning point which shows that that the minimum point of Y is a positive and is therefore above the x-axis.
Original post by jpetersgill
By that you mean k>14/3 ? That's what I got

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep
i cant remember the equation but the answer was (x-2)^2+1 simply multiply the thing out to get the original equation
I hated the binomial expansion question and finding the values of K!!!! I think I flopped 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
Original post by robin168
I completely agree, i absolutely love when they give you 14marks for the graph questions! Just praying that the induction question isnt too tricky!

I like the induction questions since if you don't get the result you're expecting you know you've gone wrong. Plus you get 2 marks for writing 2 sentences :biggrin:
Original post by DOPECYCLIST
yep (-2,1) was the minimum point for the last question. you needed it for the last question to work out K btw that's was 5
22 root 2 was also right
(0,3) was right and so is (0,7). you worked it out by putting x and y equal to 0 separately to find X and Y respectively.
question 12(i) required you to find K by putting the quadratic equal to Zero. and solving to find K

It was (0,-3) and (0,7) according to my maths teacher
Thank you

Dont remember some of my answers but it seems I didn't fail too much
Relative to other papers, how hard do you think this was?
I'm guessing 59/72 for A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bruhh
I like the induction questions since if you don't get the result you're expecting you know you've gone wrong. Plus you get 2 marks for writing 2 sentences :biggrin:

Yes me too, however you dont get those two marks unless youve got the previous bit right:frown: or atleast most of it right!
Original post by jakoblauritzen
It was (0,-3) and (0,7) according to my maths teacher

yep ur right i don't check what i type what i write. (0,-3)
Original post by DOPECYCLIST
i cant remember the equation but the answer was (x-2)^2+1 simply multiply the thing out to get the original equation

Hang on wasn't there a 3 that you had to factorise out?
For the transformation question number 10, did everyone get that to get f(x) to g(x) it was f(x) - 36? Also once proving g(-1) was a root did anyone get that the 2 other roots were -1 again (repeated) and then 6?
What did people get for the triangle question which got you to form the equation 5x^2-4x-1=h^2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
looks like i dropped about 4 or 5 marks, delighted
Original post by jpetersgill
What did people get for the triangle question which got you to form the equation 5x^2-4x-1=h^2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

2+2root11 / 5 or 4+4root11 / 10
Original post by JamesExtra
Hang on wasn't there a 3 that you had to factorise out?

probs i cant remember everything bro. i know i got it right because i got 5 for the last question which was right i know that.

im mid way through my markscheme i will be about 30 minutes guys
I used Pythagoras also do I lose marks for nt simplifying my fractions? I don't think it asked us to do so anywhere?

I also mucked up my polynomials but couldn't figure out where so lost a few marks there
I got x = (2+sqrt(44))/5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending