The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Biology Paper 1B - 12th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
is the excretory system a organ system??
what did people put for the mosquito and garlic experiment?
Reply 22
Original post by .C.
is the excretory system a organ system??

Yeah you could have put digestive, excretory, urinary, nervous etc

For the one that wasn't on there u could have it reproductive, lymphatic or immune

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is everyone doing the paper 2 next month?
Reply 24
Original post by aahmad
Yeah you could have put digestive, excretory, urinary, nervous etc

For the one that wasn't on there u could have it reproductive, lymphatic or immune

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thank you ! i was worried it was part of the digestive system
i put to have two test tubes with blood in them, have garlic arranged around one, release mosquitoes and observe etc.
Original post by STUDENTATOOL

I am
Btw are there revision forums on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Could you have put for the system that wasn't there was the endocrine system
Reply 28
Could you say for the question asking which system that wasn't there could you put the endocrine system
Reply 29
Original post by B.p
Could you say for the question asking which system that wasn't there could you put the endocrine system

Can't remember think it might have had the pituitary gland

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geekface98
Yes October had 4 readings higher than any other month, April was the month where people could not swim because the pollution level was considerably high as the disk disappeared early which means that the water was not clear and therefore polluted !!

the disk didnt disappear in april!
What were the reasons to reject the conclusion of April being the most polluted though?
Reply 32
could you have put skeletal system
Original post by farhanaakhtar17
What were the reasons to reject the conclusion of April being the most polluted though?

I put because they measured again in April and it was fine, any of the other months could have been too polluted it just depends on when they measured it
they are external so easier to get to whereas oviducts are internal therefore harder to get to
Original post by Braineater79
what was the answer about heart attacks and why they occur when there is less oxygen in the body?

Anaerobic respiration will take place in the heart muscles giving out Lactic Acid...hence causing a heart attack
Hope I'm not wrong
Original post by farhanaakhtar17
Did everyone get 20 for the number of stomata on the lily?

Got 20 yes for the counting :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Khalifa001
Anaerobic respiration will take place in the heart muscles giving out Lactic Acid...hence causing a heart attack
Hope I'm not wrong

I wrote less anaerobic respiration as I remember but didn't worte much because it was 2 marks or 1 mark. Not sure which one I wrote next but probably no energy for cells and cells die I guess. It was a nervous moment :frown: Lactic acid didnt pop in my head damn :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by B.p
Could you have put for the system that wasn't there was the endocrine system

I put reproducitve system for that.
And for the 3 before was, digestive system, respiratory system and nervous system

Was that right? :O
Original post by STUDENTATOOL

Yep :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest