The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) C1 - Wednesday 13th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Brian luiz
Yes its stretch of scale factor 1/3 parallel to x axis

I'm probably being stupid but it was 1/x to 1/3x iirc therefore a stretch of (1/3) aka timing by 1/3 would give 1/3x?
Everyones saying 40 but I got 20 root 5??
Original post by waseemsharif54

100% 40sq units
Posted from TSR Mobile

Deffo 40. 10*8*0.5
Original post by Rodgersd09
I made the god-awful mistake of somehow getting 8x^2-2ax+8, and carried on through all the parts... How many marks do you reckon I'll drop?

Don't worry, I subtracted the 8 instead of plusing it and got a=11 and I couldn't find the other stationary point because of this mistake
Original post by Parallex
the third root of -8 to the power of 4 is equal to the third root of 8 to the power of 4, so the answers would be the same

Oh yes ofcourse. Silly my, i first put -1/48 as the answer because i used the substitution as x = 8 but then realised it was -8. Damn i forgot to change it lol
Original post by User10102929
image.jpgNot 100% sure this is right, but this is how I got 'stretch by 1/3 in y-axis'

This is exactly what I thought
Original post by jt663
I'm probably being stupid but it was 1/x to 1/3x iirc therefore a stretch of (1/3) aka timing by 1/3 would give 1/3x?

Ah im crap at transformations, you're probably right
Original post by gabby07
100% 40sq units

I must have worked out a length wrong then. Was point Q where the circle meets y axis (0,-2)?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah and R was 0,8
Original post by gabby07
100% 40sq units

i wrote 40 then crossed it out,
will i get any method marks for working out the Q and R coordinates and writing area=.5x basex height ?
(q out of 4)
Original post by waseemsharif54

400.png
Reply 172
Was the radius of the circle 5? at the end
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
65/72 was unusually high for a core 1 exam. They're normally 61/62 and s1 and core 2 A marks are normally 56-59

Yeah, in comparison, 2014 was more straightforward than this one as lot of of people tripped up. It's normally low 60s, high 50s.
Original post by Parallex
400.png

thanks for that! I thought there was a right angle at point P which is why I didn't split into two triangles.
I got 40 square units
-1/48
stretch of 1/3 parallel to the y axis (can someone clarify on this please? not sure if right)
k<-25/8
looks like a stretch parallel to x scale factor 1/3 to me tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

You still get the same answer cuz distance from y axis to P stays the same for both
Original post by jt663
Was the radius of the circle 5? at the end

yeah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending