The Student Room Group

How did you find this year's M3 (EDEXCEL)

This poll is closed

Difficulty of M3 EDEXCEL

very difficult 6%
difficult 28%
ok 29%
easy 26%
very easy10%
Total votes: 78
title

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pretty easy, standard paper I thought, although I did get 1b) wrong
Wasnt too hard just made loads of srupid errors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How the hell did I think it was a string in questions 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by simonli2575
How the hell did I think it was a string in questions 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was a string too :frown: My A* is out the window
Reply 5
It wasn't super easy, but it wasn't hard either
Not as easy as the June 2014 paper crap if I have extra time I can do all the questions.
Pretty sure I got an A*, but that was a difficult paper imo. The impulse, TR and q5 weren't very standard questions compared previous years.
Reply 8
Original post by fatart123
Pretty sure I got an A*, but that was a difficult paper imo. The impulse, TR and q5 weren't very standard questions compared previous years.

TR?
Hopefully full marks :smile:
Original post by Aspire101
TR?

Trapezium rule. Absolutely no idea why they were testing C2 knowledge in an M3 exam. Surely testing the C4 integration required to do it properly would've been better?
Reply 11
Trapezium rule. Absolutely no idea why they were testing C2 knowledge in an M3 exam. Surely testing the C4 integration required to do it properly would've been better?

Trapezium rule came up in june 2009, so if you'd done a lot of past papers you wouldn't have been thrown by it. Anyway, isn't trapezium rule in the formula book?
Original post by Gome44
Trapezium rule came up in june 2009, so if you'd done a lot of past papers you wouldn't have been thrown by it. Anyway, isn't trapezium rule in the formula book?

I wasn't thrown by it; I did it easily. Just don't think it should have been there.
Reply 13
I wasn't thrown by it; I did it easily. Just don't think it should have been there.

Edexcel are becoming dicks though so expect anything :wink:
I added 0.8 into the GpE for the first question.
Got a quadratic solved it and got x=-0.4 and 0.65 and since -0.4 was correct I assumed it was correct. Would i get any marks for that part

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I added 0.8 into the GpE for the first question.
Got a quadratic solved it and got x=-0.4 and 0.65 and since -0.4 was correct I assumed it was correct. Would i get any marks for that part

Posted from TSR Mobile

0. It's over lad. Seriously though, maybe A1 if one half of your equation is correct and M1 for forming and solving a quadratic in x.
0. It's over lad. Seriously though, maybe A1 if one half of your equation is correct and M1 for forming and solving a quadratic in x.

Cheers should be ok for the A*. Now too bothered as i got 100 in M2 already and i know ill get 90+ in FP2 and or FP3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please keep these cocky no use comments to yourself you arrogant ****
Original post by FUallstar1996CK

Talking to me lad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Cheers should be ok for the A*. Now too bothered as i got 100 in M2 already and i know ill get 90+ in FP2 and or FP3!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, FP2 and FP3 will be easy as ****. Wish I'd already done M2 tbh.

Original post by FUallstar1996CK

>failing the exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending