The Student Room Group

GCSE 21st Century Chemistry C1 C2 C3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
The problem I find with Chemistry is having to interpret all the graphs and data tables. I know I probably sound stupid but they always put a trick in somewhere and especially for 6 markers it completely throws me! Why can't it be more like biology and more just content based questions xD.
Original post by kxylah
omg ikr! I can understand some maths such as energy transfer of bonds and mass in reactants/products because thats actually science, however sometimes they just ask stuff like mean/averages.. not really scientific...

I just hope tomorrows Chemistry exam goes well. What do you reckon the 6 markers will be? i had look through the AQA chemistry past exam pepers, it seemed really easy, i don't know why my school chose OCR :frown:
Original post by 'Chris'
The problem I find with Chemistry is having to interpret all the graphs and data tables. I know I probably sound stupid but they always put a trick in somewhere and especially for 6 markers it completely throws me! Why can't it be more like biology and more just content based questions xD.

i know what you mean, when you look through the mark schemes of the past papers you do, you look at the data question answers and they are so simple, when you wrote something overly complicated, its just annoying.
Reply 63
Original post by An-Mi-Ah
i know what you mean, when you look through the mark schemes of the past papers you do, you look at the data question answers and they are so simple, when you wrote something overly complicated, its just annoying.

Exactly! And you have to keep remembering to refer back to the table and quote figures and god I just hate it xD
I hate biology more because there's more content
Reply 65
Original post by StressedByDay
I hate biology more because there's more content

Yeah that's true but I'd prefer to learn the content. For me it feels more satisfying because I can actually apply my knowledge and my effort has been recognised whereas in Chemistry it's a lot about interpretation of data :frown:. That's just me personally but I know what you mean, there's a lot to remember :/
Reply 66
hey i asked my teacher for the c1 c2 c3 2014 paper and he has emailed it to me, so does anyone want it?? its a pdf file so i need your email if you would like me to send it to you....
Original post by kxylah
hey i asked my teacher for the c1 c2 c3 2014 paper and he has emailed it to me, so does anyone want it?? its a pdf file so i need your email if you would like me to send it to you....

oh yes please, can you sent it to me?
much appreciated. :biggrin:
Original post by kxylah

YES PLEASE OH MY YES I WILL SEND YOU A MESSAGE. Does it have the mark scheme with it? Thank you so much :biggrin:
Reply 69
Original post by An-Mi-Ah
oh yes please, can you sent it to me?
much appreciated. :biggrin:

Original post by iamlucy
YES PLEASE OH MY YES I WILL SEND YOU A MESSAGE. Does it have the mark scheme with it? Thank you so much :biggrin:

send it to you guys, and yep it has a mark scheme :smile:
Original post by kxylah

Thank you so much. That's so kind of you <3
Reply 71
ONG YES
Reply 72
do you think that you need to learn the life cycle assessment in quite a lot of detail??
Reply 73
can i have it please?
Reply 74
Original post by kxylah

can i have it please?
Reply 75
Original post by kxylah
do you think that you need to learn the life cycle assessment in quite a lot of detail??

Yeah my teacher says you do :frown:.
Original post by kxylah

Definitely, it came up a few years back and you had to describe two features of it and their impact :frown:
Reply 77
Original post by kxylah

Hey !

Could you please send me the C1-3 OCR past papers for 2014? I will appreciate it soo much ! x
Reply 78
Everyone who wants the c123 paper: Please PM me your email address and I can send it to you. I'm sorry if it takes long...i've had 20 people ask for it and I do have 2 exams tmrw to revise for! :smile:
Reply 79
Hey guys, I wanted to ask for your opinions on time keeping in the exams..
My science teacher left 2 months ago so I've basically had to learn everything myself :mad: :s-smilie:

Yesterday in the bio exam i did all the 6 markers, but I missed out on around 6/7 one/two mark questions because I spent too much time and wrote too much for the 6 markers ! :frown:

What do you guys do in order to finish the entire paper? ( I feel so stupid asking this lol)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending