The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I forgot to put +c for the final answer but I had it in my previous steps (before simplifying). Do you think I will still lose the mark?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 61
I answered the questions, scanned them, uploaded them.
Thanks so much!
Reply 63
Original post by BenGeorge
I forgot to put +c for the final answer but I had it in my previous steps. Do you think I will still lose the mark?

It depends on the state of your working. The official line on this is all the components have to be correctly written in a single expression. Now, if you had the +c on a line with everything integrated correctly, you might just get the accuracy mark. It's a close thing though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
for question 5 i graphed the inequality. But since i had originally thought the surd was larger, i graphed 3-2r2 as a negative value, but i got the final possible values correct. Would i lose a mark?
what grade would be 65-66%?? Low B or high C?
Reply 66
please vote and see how another 265 students have voted in
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3322317
Original post by ericadonnelly
for question 5 i graphed the inequality. But since i had originally thought the surd was larger, i graphed 3-2r2 as a negative value, but i got the final possible values correct. Would i lose a mark?

I don't think you would lose a mark for that. Whether you graphed it on the positive x side or the negative, the possible set of values still must be smaller than 3-2sqrt2.
Some people don't even use the graph method, some just picture it in their head:smile:
What grade is 50/75 and how many UMS? I did so bad in that paper
Original post by Arsey
I answered the questions, scanned them, uploaded them.

Thanks u bro but how did u grt out of yhe exam hall? ;O
R u even a student? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
on the last question i did two attempts for part b but i left a page in between them will they look through the whole paper they wont miss any pages right? because i feel like they could miss that page
Original post by TeeEm
please vote and see how another 265 students have voted in
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3322317

There is poll on the official c1 thread already :biggrin:
Original post by BBeyond
Sick :biggrin: I got 71 min. 73 max. Made some of the most stupid mistakes ever but should still be decent UMS :biggrin:

i think i made the most stupid mistake by totally forgetting to calculate x in the question "express in terms of y blah blah blah" XDD
Original post by Freddy-Francis
There is poll on the official c1 thread already :biggrin:

The poll on the official c1 thread got added recently :smile: More people have voted on the other one.
Reply 74
Original post by particlestudent
I don't think you would lose a mark for that. Whether you graphed it on the positive x side or the negative, the possible set of values still must be smaller than 3-2sqrt2.
Some people don't even use the graph method, some just picture it in their head:smile:

great to hear!!
Would 65 be a certain a

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same as me hahaha
we had to write ineq seperately i wrote them together xzzzzz im such a moron i was thinking that i will write write seperate and i wrote them together. Omg wtf did i just do :frown: how many marks will i lose guys just 1 right? :frown: tho evrrything was correct. I just wrote them together :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
great to hear!!

A tip for the future, if you ever need it. The y intercept for that line was +1 if you remember. So if it was on the negative side, there would be no way it could cut the y intercept on. If you get what I mean :biggrin:
Original post by Mattematics
Any predictions for grade boundaries Arsey? I figured 59-61 for an A, sound reasonable?

Also, question 5 a, I didn't start out with b^2 - 4ac < 0. I started with > 0. How many marks would I have lost? I ended up with the right answer, I think.

Probably 1 mark
Original post by usmanzubair
Same as me hahaha
we had to write ineq seperately i wrote them together xzzzzz im such a moron i was thinking that i will write write seperate and i wrote them together. Omg wtf did i just do :frown: how many marks will i lose guys just 1 right? :frown: tho evrrything was correct. I just wrote them together :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where does it say to write them separately:eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending