The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Original post by Excuse Me!
Alright show. I'll probably watch Sheamus/Amboroes, Kidd/Kingston and the Lana promo. Really curious what the Adam Rose promo was as well. They wasted him this week. First time i've wanted to see him.

Really hope they've got big plans for Rose in the aftermath of the ESPN doc. They missed a trick not having him on RAW. His pop would've been huge.
Lesnars Kimura lock is the easiest to lock in. I once did a perfect sweet chin music on my brother.

Spears hurt a lot as well surprisingly. I missed learning the rugby tackle so would spear instead.

Like how do you lock it in, they go for a punch and you wrap your arms around their punching arm.
Original post by CrimsonRainDrops
Like how do you lock it in, they go for a punch and you wrap your arms around their punching arm.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/summerslam/2012/unraveling-the-kimura-lock
Sort of a hammerlock from the front. You could probably block the punch and transition into the lock or just grab their arm and do it before they have chance to think but i don't know much on holds. To me it just looks the easiest as theres no time consuming twist or anything like that its just wrenching their arm and using your legs to stop them moving.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mackay
Really hope they've got big plans for Rose in the aftermath of the ESPN doc. They missed a trick not having him on RAW. His pop would've been huge.

Yeah, I'm very surprised. they didn't. He should have a heartfelt promo saying he hid behind a character because he didnt think he could be him etc, then say i'm ray leapen and continue as hiimself although WWE would probably want something they could trademark.

3 pay per views in the space of 3 weeks (incl. NXT), gonna hopefully be great. If they do the tag team elimination chamber who do you think will be in it? Kidd/Cesaro, New Day, Lucha Dragons, Wyatt Family would be good but I don't think los matadors, ascension or prime time players are credible enough. Maybe have los matadors in there up until the event where they're beaten down by the wyatts and a surprise team (dudleys or someone) take their place - that'd be cool.

Who are your favourites on the roster right now?
Reply 1904
Yeah, I'm very surprised. they didn't. He should have a heartfelt promo saying he hid behind a character because he didnt think he could be him etc, then say i'm ray leapen and continue as hiimself although WWE would probably want something they could trademark.

3 pay per views in the space of 3 weeks (incl. NXT), gonna hopefully be great. If they do the tag team elimination chamber who do you think will be in it? Kidd/Cesaro, New Day, Lucha Dragons, Wyatt Family would be good but I don't think los matadors, ascension or prime time players are credible enough. Maybe have los matadors in there up until the event where they're beaten down by the wyatts and a surprise team (dudleys or someone) take their place - that'd be cool.

Who are your favourites on the roster right now?

Totally agree. They have such a chance to create a great, midcard and genuine face with Rose at the moment. They need to capitalise on the momentum.

I'd say the cards will look like this:

IC Elimination Chamber: Dolph Ziggler vs. King Barrett vs. Sheamus vs. Neville vs. Stardust vs. R-Truth
Tag-Team Elimination Chamber: The New Day vs. The Wyatt Family vs. Tyson Kidd/Cesaro vs. The Lucha Dragons vs. The Prime Time Players vs. The Ascension/Los Matadores/Damien Sandow and Curtis Axel

My favourites, personally, are Lesnar, Rollins, Ambrose and Cesaro. What about you?
Original post by Mackay
Totally agree. They have such a chance to create a great, midcard and genuine face with Rose at the moment. They need to capitalise on the momentum.

I'd say the cards will look like this:

IC Elimination Chamber: Dolph Ziggler vs. King Barrett vs. Sheamus vs. Neville vs. Stardust vs. R-Truth
Tag-Team Elimination Chamber: The New Day vs. The Wyatt Family vs. Tyson Kidd/Cesaro vs. The Lucha Dragons vs. The Prime Time Players vs. The Ascension/Los Matadores/Damien Sandow and Curtis Axel

My favourites, personally, are Lesnar, Rollins, Ambrose and Cesaro. What about you?
I wonder what they'll do with the WWE championship. Can't see any of the fatal 4 way competitors having another chance, I think Rollins will retain. Maybe Rollins vs Kane but Kane's not been booked strongly.

Who do you think will win the IC title? I think it a bit too soon for Neville but am tired of Ziggler / Barrett holding it. I think Sheamus should be save for Cena although maybe that won't fit with the beatin up "midgets" gimmick. I'd love to see Wyatt win it, would be new and different.

Really wish they'd turn R Truth heel again and build him up. His small run in 2011 was brilliantly entertaining. I wanted him to win the ladder match.

How long do you reckon the new day will be champs? I'd love a series of seven or something like that with Kidd / Cesaro. Can't see anyone but them and the Lucha Dragons helping restore prestige. I'm a big fan of Kalisto. If you haven't seen it, Cesaro and Sin Cara had a fantastic near 20 minute match in February that's worth checking out.

My current favourites are Cesaro, Kidd, Tyler Breeze, Kalisto, Sheamus and I've been impressed with Reigns lately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My favourites are Orton, Cena, Rollins and Reigns
Reply 1907

Who do you think will win the IC title?

How long do you reckon the new day will be champs? I'd love a series of seven or something like that with Kidd / Cesaro. Can't see anyone but them and the Lucha Dragons helping restore prestige.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it has Neville written all over it tbh. Sheamus doesn't need the title now he's relevant again, and BNB has the King moniker.

Yeah, I'd quite like the straps to go between The New Day, The Lucha Dragons and Kidd/Cesaro for the rest of 2015. No need to miss The Usos, then.

I'm so excited for NXT. Who are your favourites from that roster?
Wait is there no WWE title match at elimination chamber :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1909
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Wait is there no WWE title match at elimination chamber :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It just hasn't been announced yet. I'm sure there will be. Interestingly, Cena's got the best chamber record by far - but he's still only come out victorious twice in about eleven events. I'm sure the idea is for Rollins to have the belt until SummerSlam, but I can see Reigns beating him at the EC and then dropping the belt to Lesnar when he returns.

Personally, I think Lesnar should be kept away from the title. He's a mercenary and, being part-time, should be booked as such. He shouldn't care about gold. He should just go after anyone and everybody and kick their ass.

Ideally, I'd like Reigns to win the belt and for him to have a programme with a heel Ambrose. Or vice versa, keeping Ambrose face and turning Reigns. That way, Rollins can be there for Lesnar when Brock comes back in the summer and the two can have a feud without the title there to distract it or dislocate the story.
Original post by Mackay
It just hasn't been announced yet. I'm sure there will be. Interestingly, Cena's got the best chamber record by far - but he's still only come out victorious twice in about eleven events. I'm sure the idea is for Rollins to have the belt until SummerSlam, but I can see Reigns beating him at the EC and then dropping the belt to Lesnar when he returns.

Personally, I think Lesnar should be kept away from the title. He's a mercenary and, being part-time, should be booked as such. He shouldn't care about gold. He should just go after anyone and everybody and kick their ass.

Ideally, I'd like Reigns to win the belt and for him to have a programme with a heel Ambrose. Or vice versa, keeping Ambrose face and turning Reigns. That way, Rollins can be there for Lesnar when Brock comes back in the summer and the two can have a feud without the title there to distract it or dislocate the story.

Hope there is one or I don't think I'll be satisfied with only a tag team and intercontinental match for the elimination chamber. Yeah I want Roman to win the title and would love the three way shield feud to take place sometime.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
I think it has Neville written all over it tbh. Sheamus doesn't need the title now he's relevant again, and BNB has the King moniker.

Yeah, I'd quite like the straps to go between The New Day, The Lucha Dragons and Kidd/Cesaro for the rest of 2015. No need to miss The Usos, then.

I'm so excited for NXT. Who are your favourites from that roster?

I'm a big fan of Tyler Breeze, Fin Balor and Sami Zayn. Then with the women my favourites are Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch (Sasha Banks is obviously great but does her job as a heel too well for me haha). Really interested to see the Bailey/Emma feud develop though.

I'm yet to be a big fan or Hideo Itami and Kevin Steen but hopefully i'll see why everyone loves them eventually.

What about you?

A lot of my favourites have moved up. I think the roster is lacking a little again but I have faith given the quality of the shows. The tag team division is meh for me, I tend to skip over all there segments lately now that the lucha dragons have been promoted. Baron Corbin has yet to impress me with anything and I don't get all the fuss about Rhyno or Solomn Crowe..

Uhaa Nation will debut soon and I'm looking forward to seeing him.

You looking forward to NXT Unstoppable?
(edited 8 years ago)
I was in church today with my friends and I was playing wrestling with my friend who was a girl, I tried to get her in a Masterlock. She put her arms down a bit to early and I accidentally grabbed her boobs.

Aw jeez why does this happen to me :/
Reply 1913
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Hope there is one or I don't think I'll be satisfied with only a tag team and intercontinental match for the elimination chamber. Yeah I want Roman to win the title and would love the three way shield feud to take place sometime.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure there will be. Interestingly, I've read reports they are thinking of only three tag-teams for the tag team chamber match. It would be a shame to see so many great tag teams miss out (The Lucha Dragons, namely) but it is a good way to make the match not as convoluted by only including The New Day, Kidd/Cesaro, and the Wyatt Family.
Reply 1914
I'm a big fan of Tyler Breeze, Fin Balor and Sami Zayn. Then with the women my favourites are Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch (Sasha Banks is obviously great but does her job as a heel too well for me haha). Really interested to see the Bailey/Emma feud develop though.

I'm yet to be a big fan or Hideo Itami and Kevin Steen but hopefully i'll see why everyone loves them eventually.

What about you?

A lot of my favourites have moved up. I think the roster is lacking a little again but I have faith given the quality of the shows. The tag team division is meh for me, I tend to skip over all there segments lately now that the lucha dragons have been promoted. Baron Corbin has yet to impress me with anything and I don't get all the fuss about Rhyno or Solomn Crowe..

Uhaa Nation will debut soon and I'm looking forward to seeing him.

You looking forward to NXT Unstoppable?

Sami Zayn, Finn Balor and Kevin Owens for me, too.

I don't see the hype with Itami. I don't think he'd stand out on the main roster, and if he was elevated, he'd be put in some makeshift tag-team. Rhyno gets a pop purely for the nostalgia element.

I quite like the tag-team division now. It hasn't been relevant to me since The Usos and Rowan/Harper had those great two-out-of-three falls matches. I like The New Day as heels, though, and the Wyatt Family reuniting offers something different to Kidd/Cesaro's team chemistry.

I hope they give Sandow a better gimmick. He shouldn't be paired with Axel in some comedy tag-team.
Original post by Mackay
Sami Zayn, Finn Balor and Kevin Owens for me, too.

I don't see the hype with Itami. I don't think he'd stand out on the main roster, and if he was elevated, he'd be put in some makeshift tag-team. Rhyno gets a pop purely for the nostalgia element.

I quite like the tag-team division now. It hasn't been relevant to me since The Usos and Rowan/Harper had those great two-out-of-three falls matches. I like The New Day as heels, though, and the Wyatt Family reuniting offers something different to Kidd/Cesaro's team chemistry.

I hope they give Sandow a better gimmick. He shouldn't be paired with Axel in some comedy tag-team.

Was saying I don't like the NXT tag teams. I'm really hopeful for the main roster tag team division. Can't wait for Sundays match.

Agree about Sandow. He just got out of 2 tag teams (although I enjoyed them both). I'm never sure whether I like his matches, bit hit and miss for me but I loved his intellectual saviour promos. Found them hilarious, especially the thing where he would ask people 3 random questions. Still wish he'd o beaten Cena.

Who would you say is most under-utilised other than Sandow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1916

Who would you say is most under-utilised other than Sandow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Titus O'Neil is a heck of an athlete and deserves much more time on TV. As does Darren Young.

I think Cesaro has a higher ceiling than the tag division, and Adam Rose is much more than just a cheap gimmick. Ryder, too. What about yourself?
Original post by Mackay
I think Titus O'Neil is a heck of an athlete and deserves much more time on TV. As does Darren Young.

I think Cesaro has a higher ceiling than the tag division, and Adam Rose is much more than just a cheap gimmick. Ryder, too. What about yourself?

Titus O'Neil just seems like the nicest guy in real life.

Cesaro for sure should be higher up. Should have turned face after last years wrestle mania. Tyson Kidd I think deserves more also. He's my favourite guy to watch in the ring.

Already said R Truth but sill think he could be a fantastic heel.

The Miz was brilliant as a heel with his old character. Always feel sorry for him the way fans treat him but this type of thing was gold: https://youtube.com/watch?v=eb_jEMFoi_k

Cody Rhodes needs a new character as well, he was great as IC champion. Gutted he didn't feud with Goldust.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1918
Titus O'Neil just seems like the nicest guy in real life.

Cesaro for sure should be higher up. Should have turned face after last years wrestle mania. Tyson Kidd I think deserves more also. He's my favourite guy to watch in the ring.

Already said R Truth but sill think he could be a fantastic heel.

The Miz was brilliant as a heel with his old character. Always feel sorry for him the way fans treat him but this type of thing was gold: https://youtube.com/watch?v=eb_jEMFoi_k

Cody Rhodes needs a new character as well, he was great as IC champion. Gutted he didn't feud with Goldust.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cesaro should be in the same bracket as BNB and Sheamus for sure.

O'Neil knows how to work a live crowd so well. Caught WWE Live last November and he and Slater were so good. Got one of the biggest reactions of the night just by mixing with the crowd and soaking up the adulation.

The Miz is an old-school heel, and that's quite rare in this new PG era. He's absolutely despised by 100% of the fanbase. It isn't cool to like him, or hipster to like him, like a lot of people like Rollins and Wyatt. The Miz is a heel who works being a heel really well - in and out of the ring. His Twitter presence helps that.

Rhodes needs to drop the Stardust character. I want to see Goldust help him turn face again, and shed the Stardust skin and go back to being a solid midcard worker.
Wondering for everyone on this thread:

1) Who or what got you into wrestling?

2) Which wrestlers were you most scared of or hated lost when you were younger?

And

3) What's your last memory of wrestling before you found out it was per determined?

For me:

1) I was a huge fan of the Hardy Boyz, particularly Matt Hardy. and was amazed by their moves and totally drawn in by their charisma.

2) I was totally creeped out by the Boogeyman and couldn't watch when he spat the worms into a persons mouth.

Undertaker and Kane I found incredibly intimidating and am so glad I never bumped into them in public at that age.

I also remember being afraid of the Big Show and Umaga.

Evolution were scary to me for their bloody beat downs of anyone they saw fit.

I hated Cm Punk for his whole rivalry with Jeff Hardy but the couple I hated most was Edge and Lita after they cheated on Matt.

3) Last memory would be of the whole Jeff Hardy / Cm Punk rivalry although I think I hated Sheamus legitimately believing he was horrible after his raw debut.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest