The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by K3lvin
wouldnt i get 1 mark it is kinda of a limitation because you need to consider the participant and the stress so ehtical are an issue tbh

You may get 1 mark, sure. Not saying you're totally wrong, there is definitely the possibility of it being credited at least one mark but like I said, depends how specific the mark scheme is.
Original post by Kamran71
dentify IV and DV [2] D,A

Outline multi-store model [6] Duration, capacity, encoding of STM +LTM

Two limitations of multi store model [4] patient K.F verbal stm impaired, visual stm ok

Baddley dual task proves msm is not unitary

Outline research into anxiety on EWT (including what participants did and findings) [6] weapon focus effect loftus >> man with blood vs man with grease on his hands

Limitation of anxiety on EWT [2] ethical>> causes distress

Cognitive interview (knife attack) [4] context reinstatement, recall everything, reverse order, alternative view

Directional hypothesis [2] the group which is taught the memory improvement strategy will recall more correct items from the list of 10 than the group which is not taught the memory improvement strategy

Outline memory improvement strategy [2] method of loci

Strengths/limitations for case studies [4] non reoresentative>> cant generalise

Influentialich qualitative data

Pilot study [4]

Standaridisenstrctuins, timing, if photos are suitabke, if memory strategy is approproate

ATTACHMENT

Define secure attachment [2]parent ia used as safe base to explore, high seperation protest, stranger anxiety and happy at reuinon

Strength of the strange situation [2] lab study >controlled> replicate

Difference between insecure-avoidant and insecure-resistant in SS [4] avoidant doesnt care no stranger anxiety no sepration protest resistant =ambivalent high stranger anxiety and seoeration protest

Findings into cultural variations of attachment [4] van ijzendoorn kroonwnberg more variation within than between, japan=high resiatnce moatky secure all over the world, etc

How to conduct a random sample [2] names>paper>hat>pick 10 or random number generator

Why random sample is better than volunteer sample [2] is kess biased/subjective as volunteers may have motive for wanting to participate

Explain how mother would show demand characteristics in SS [2] social desirabikity bias, more care

BPS guidelines - ethical issues of strange situation [6]debrief= tell them resukts,aims od study and what it all means

Condidentitality keep ppts private deception, dont dexieve, withdrawal ket them withdraw if its too distressing

Outline and evaluate Bowlby's theory of attachment [12. SoMAGIC Ao2 lorenz, hazan shaver love quiz, schaffer and emmerson, hodges and tixard, lamb, ][/QUOTE

Thank you! Do you think i will get the marks for saying that a strength of the strange situation is that the investigator isn't present and therefore, there are no investigator effects?
This was a resit and i replicated as much of the essay as i can remember. Could someone mark it please? pm me if u want to look at it and tell me what u think. Thanks. (on bowlby)
Original post by KSIOlajideBT
Thank you! Do you think i will get the marks for saying that a strength of the strange situation is that the investigator isn't present and therefore, there are no investigator effects?

Haha why does it matter i thought you had a Lamborghini anyway?
In the stress topic do I need to remember the actual names of the hormones or can I just use the abbreviated versions (e.g CRF instead of writing corticotrophin releasing factor)

Posted from TSR Mobile
abbreviations is fine

Is this the correct unofficial Mark scheme if so i did pretty well also

For a limitation of the multi store model i said that the model os overcomplicated or simplified such as the features and the process of memory does this get me 0 1 or 2 marks please?
Original post by MW-19--
Haha why does it matter i thought you had a Lamborghini anyway?

LOOL but seriously does my answer seem correct?
the strengths of the MSM i talked about the case of KF who had inability to deal with verbal info but normally processed visual info suggesting stm isnt unitary.
i also said schaffter suggested 4 long term stores going against the idea of an unitary LTM in the multi store model.
further i added that the MSM only emphasises the structure of how memory works and not the process compared to the working memory model.

hopefully this is 4 marks im hoping ?
Original post by itsmemartyna
Any predictions on what might come up in unit 2?

12 marker will probably be on social of individual differences- I think that it may be to do with research into independent behaviour (last came up in 2011).
What could you include for a 12 marker on research into independent behaviour- A01 and A02 points please
LOOL but seriously does my answer seem correct?

Yeah it does!
Do you mean because the investigator isnt there, it wont influence the baby's response?
Hey guys know any good websites to revise entirety of Unit 2?

Need to start today hmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I didn't include secure base either and as long as you've put enough detail in the others it is not essential to put them all In to gain. 6 marks; for your ao2 3 detailed for 4 less detailed will be enough
In the PSYA1 exam where it asked us for problems with Anxiety on EWT research I put that some people may have poor eyesight as ethical issues didnt seem to come to my head at the time

Do you think i would get any marks for that? as it kinda does apply in the recall process, such as those who had to recall the man in 50 photos after the pen and grease experiment

thanks
Original post by theambitiousguru
Yes I didn't include secure base either and as long as you've put enough detail in the others it is not essential to put them all In to gain. 6 marks; for your ao2 3 detailed for 4 less detailed will be enough

ah yes, thanks for the reassurance!
Do you think the PSYA2 Exam will appear as more difficult? I personally felt that the PSYA1 exam was incredibly easy - Maybe too easy perhaps!
Who devised the hassles and uplifts scale?
Original post by 09kmervana
Who devised the hassles and uplifts scale?

Delongis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending