The Student Room Group

EPQ - Supervisor NOT submitting in my EPQ

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ageshallnot
Why is he deserving of help? He tried to cheat.

I haven't been in education for many years.

Lol you are definitely a bit harsh
Reply 21
Original post by Rhigh1
then whatever happens before submitting we can try and help to achieve a grade. At least he has acknowledged a mistake has been made and now we can try and rectify it.

what did you do your EPQ on?? mine was on class issues within the British education system.

My EPQ was about how a famous Scholar from the sub-continent revived the religion and how he had influenced a lot of people across the world.
Original post by F000S
Lol you are definitely a bit harsh

Only to people who 1) try to cheat, 2) get caught, 3) whine about it, 4) laugh about it.
Reply 23
Only to people who 1) try to cheat, 2) get caught, 3) whine about it, 4) laugh about it.

ageshallnot what was your epq on?
Original post by Rhigh1
ageshallnot what was your epq on?

What is the relevance of your question?

As I said above I have been out of education for many years.
Reply 25
What is the relevance of your question?

As I said above I have been out of education for many years.

trying to establish how you can help with this person's EPQ. Offer something constructive!
Original post by Rhigh1
trying to establish how you can help with this person's EPQ. Offer something constructive!

I have no intention of trying to help the OP for the reasons I have stated clearly above.
Reply 27
I have no intention of trying to help the OP for the reasons I have stated clearly above.

i believe then thats what you call trolling therefore leave him alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:
Original post by Rhigh1
i believe then thats what you call trolling therefore leave him alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

I am more than happy to bow out of this discussion. You are the one asking me questions and trying to get me to say something constructive. OK I will say something and it is far more important than the EPQ in question...

This is a life lesson. Learn it.
I'm taking the viewpoint that OP has got a bit confused with what they have to do and has - in the view of the supervisor - "Plagarised" their work.

Ask the supervisor if you could extend the deadline for a bit, so that you can reword the plagarised parts of your essay.
Reply 30
I am more than happy to bow out of this discussion. You are the one asking me questions and trying to get me to say something constructive. OK I will say something and it is far more important than the EPQ in question...

This is a life lesson. Learn it.

Lets not argue about any of this folks, i'll try to get this sorted out with my supervisor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by Killerpenguin15
I'm taking the viewpoint that OP has got a bit confused with what they have to do and has - in the view of the supervisor - "Plagarised" their work.

Ask the supervisor if you could extend the deadline for a bit, so that you can reword the plagarised parts of your essay.

Yep will do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Rhigh1

Right now I've spent a few hours fixing my EPQ essay, removing plagiarised parts and paraphrasing the sentences. Should be all done in a bit just gotta hope my supervisor accepts it now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbf you should be glad your tutor was vigilant enough to see you'd plagiarised/paraphrased massive chunks of your EPQ. If he'd sent it off and you'd got caught you'd have been blacklisted and maybe even banned from all of your exams (for that exam board at least). No decent uni wouldne taken you then so ucas points are the least of your worries
Plagarism is taking someone elses work as your own. So you could quote paragraphs and say where it is from , but i'm not sure that's allowed. Or you can rewrite the paragraphs in your own style. Problem solved?
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Plagarism is taking someone elses work as your own. So you could quote paragraphs and say where it is from , but i'm not sure that's allowed. Or you can rewrite the paragraphs in your own style. Problem solved?

When doing your EPQ you can quote certain lines from your sources and embed them into your sentences, but not whole paragraphs. Remember your essay is between 4500-5500 words long, so supervisors do not want to see the work of somebody else, rather that they would like to see work produced by yourself. Otherwise this defeats the point of it being your own project!
Original post by F000S
Right now I've spent a few hours fixing my EPQ essay, removing plagiarised parts and paraphrasing the sentences. Should be all done in a bit just gotta hope my supervisor accepts it now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Final word from me - You should also reference the bits of your essay that you paraphrased, this does not mean you need to put it in quotation marks because it's not a direct quote, but you need to acknowledge that your ideas have come from that site/book etc. so a little in-text citation after the paraphrased bit and put it in your end reference list as well. :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Leanney
Final word from me - You should also reference the bits of your essay that you paraphrased, this does not mean you need to put it in quotation marks because it's not a direct quote, but you need to acknowledge that your ideas have come from that site/book etc. so a little in-text citation after the paraphrased bit and put it in your end reference list as well. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest