The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

That first twenty minutes last night was akin to the Alamo. Fair play to Sheffield United for still managing to come back and make a game of it.
Original post by Mackay
Game of the season in any of the three FL divisions. Incredible game. Hopefully there's still some drama left for the play-off final. I fancy Preston.

Always drama when it comes to the play offs, Norwich v Ipswich now that is bound to have a lot of drama.
Saunders announced as Chesterfield's new manager.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mackay
Saunders announced as Chesterfield's new manager.

Relegated next season then
Mowbray set to be announced as permanent Cov boss according to local media. Very good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Mowbray set to be announced as permanent Cov boss according to local media. Very good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great bit of business from CCFC. Hopefully this is the start of better ownership and a brighter future.
Original post by Mackay
Great bit of business from CCFC. Hopefully this is the start of better ownership and a brighter future.

Key for me is that he would only stay if the club could put in place what he saw as essential to succeed. Assuming he indeed signs then there is good reason to be optimistic, and it's been a while since I could say that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
Relegated next season then

Yep! Most successful season in years and we appoint Dean Relegation Saunders straight after it.
Managerial merry-go-round here. Hockaday tipped to become Crawley boss.
DEAN FRAUNDERS?! If I was Chesterfield I'd be livid, going from a highly talented manager to that. Still at least by the time his damage comes to an end in November there will be time to recover unlike us & Crawley had.
Original post by Mackay
Managerial merry-go-round here. Hockaday tipped to become Crawley boss.

Conference manager for a Conference club.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hskjlclcn
DEAN FRAUNDERS?! If I was Chesterfield I'd be livid, going from a highly talented manager to that. Still at least by the time his damage comes to an end in November there will be time to recover unlike us & Crawley had.

I'm waiting to see who next hires Pressley, that should be a laugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hockaday really does steal a living
Original post by Midlander
I'm waiting to see who next hires Pressley, that should be a laugh.Posted from TSR Mobile

Money could be on the might of Farsley Celtic.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Hockaday really does steal a living

Agreed. Quite a surprise he's still given managerial positions, when he is clearly more suited to a back-room role. Reportedly, he's one of the best right hand men in the business. Clubs should use him as such.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Money could be on the might of Farsley Celtic.

The club that dissolved in 2010?
Not even nervous about tomorrow yet. I'll probably get there but I'm assuming a loss at the moment so it doesn't really matter.

I'm much more nervous about who our next manager will be.
Original post by Jangrafess
Not even nervous about tomorrow yet. I'll probably get there but I'm assuming a loss at the moment so it doesn't really matter.

I'm much more nervous about who our next manager will be.

If you went up would Warburton/the board reverse course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wycombe into the League Two play-off final, with Stevenage and Southend set to go to extra time.
Original post by Mackay
Wycombe into the League Two play-off final, with Stevenage and Southend set to go to extra time.

The Southend win was another eventful game. After his penalty miss Barry Corr should perhaps go back to the singing.

I expect Wycombe to win the final, and Preston the League One play off final. As for the Championship one, seems Middlesbrough should get to the final, and Norwich, but there could be surprises.

Quick Reply

Latest