The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

I didn't think it was an 'easy' paper, quite a few questions with tricky parts.

Expect average(ish) boundaries.

What do you reckon 71-73 would be? Also, how many marks would I drop on question 2 for getting the same factorised form as you, but writing the solutions as x=4 and 1/2 and then getting the y coordinates wrong also because of it?
Original post by LearningGeek
Is it possible to pull your grade up if you got 52 in this paper, but if you get full marks in c2 and s1?

if you scored 52 on this, then full ums in c2 and s1 is unlikely don't you think?
Original post by hasan6091
From what i remember, your inequality signs have to face the same direction??

No because when you draw the graph the inequality sign shows you whether you should select the values of 'x' above or below the 'x' axis and in this case the values of 'x' were the values above the 'x' axis. So it wouldn't be a combined inequality
Original post by Angelo12231
Managed to find out yet?

No, did you do the same thing? I'm going to ask my maths teacher when I next see her :redface:
Original post by Mutleybm1996
if you scored 52 on this, then full ums in c2 and s1 is unlikely don't you think?

lol, im predicted A's in all my A-levels, I ****ed this paper up pretty badly

ive deducted any possible method marks or part mark for questions
and I find C2 much easier and normally ace stats sooo...
[QUOTE="Anonymous2310;55746927"]No because when you draw the graph the inequality sign shows you whether you should select the values of 'x' above or below the 'x' axis and in this case the values of 'x' were the values above the 'x' axis. So it wouldn't be a combined inequality[/QUOTE
QUOTE]

Yeah for a combined inequality im sure you have to have the arrows in the Same direction or you just leave it as two separate Inequalities. I left it as two separate Inequalities
Original post by JhusJane
Awh thanks so much! Missed so many stupid silly careless mistakes :frown:((( so got 61/75 i think...awh would an a overall still be possible...61s probs a b right :frown:

The general consensus seems to be that it was quite a hard paper, so 61 might just be an A - I think the worst it can be is 78ish ums so a high B. Of course an overall A is still possible, but you'll need to do slightly better on your other units. :smile:
Original post by lukejoshjames
Usually only 1 mark is lost from that, as the other marks are given for intercepts with the axis.

Hey! So for q6, when simplifying the fraction for differentiation. I got all of it correct except the last part which was 12/2x which I put at 6x instead of 6x^-1 therefore my differentiation was wrong too. How many marks will I lose out of 5? Will I only get two marks??
Also the following question after that, I used the same differentiation to get the gradient so my gradient was wrong too. Out of 5 again how many will I get?
Reply 208
for 7a i wrote y=2^2x
will i get the mark?
Completely ballsed up the last part of question 10. Put dy/dx equal to the gradient and tried to solve for x, ended up with a nasty looking quadratic. Anyone think I will get any marks?
Original post by games211
YES! DEFO! All weighted the same

I mean, pull my grade up to perhaps a low A?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LearningGeek
lol, im predicted A's in all my A-levels, I ****ed this paper up pretty badly

ive deducted any possible method marks or part mark for questions
and I find C2 much easier and normally ace stats sooo...

I think I'm better at C2 as well... my mental arithmetic is terrible :smile:
Stats is also quite easy if you revise.
Also for the last question, does anyone know how many marks out of 5 I would get if I made by differentiation equal to -0.5 and then solved?
For the question about the salary received over 20 years? I substituted 20 into n/2 (2a + (n - 1) d) and got an answer. How many marks will I gain out of 5?
Original post by Glider
for 7a i wrote y=2^2x
will i get the mark?

Probably not because they specified that it had to be in terms of y
Original post by Kiranjott
Hey! So for q6, when simplifying the fraction for differentiation. I got all of it correct except the last part which was 12/2x which I put at 6x instead of 6x^-1 therefore my differentiation was wrong too. How many marks will I lose out of 5? Will I only get two marks??
Also the following question after that, I used the same differentiation to get the gradient so my gradient was wrong too. Out of 5 again how many will I get?

I don't KNOW this, but I'm pretty sure you would get 3 marks in question 6a, as long as you correctly differentiated the rest of the expression (1 mark lost for the incorrect simplification, and 1 mark lost for the overall derivative being wrong).
For 6b, it seems unfair to take marks off for a mistake in an earlier part, as you could still do the correct method. If there isn't any ecf, you might get 2 marks if you did the method correctly. If there is ecf, probably 5 marks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by florencemay
Completely ballsed up the last part of question 10. Put dy/dx equal to the gradient and tried to solve for x, ended up with a nasty looking quadratic. Anyone think I will get any marks?

Probably get at least a method mark:smile:
Original post by Glider
for 7a i wrote y=2^2x
will i get the mark?

did exactly the same mistake :frown: i think we both get 0 cause it was for 1 mark only no place for error :/
I put 3+-rt8...
Hey guys do you think ill lose marks for writing 'x' instead of 'p' for my answer for 5(b)?

Latest

Trending

Trending