The Student Room Group

AS Level OCR Religious Studies on Thursday 14th May

Anyone doing AS OCR Religious Studies on Thursday 14th May?
Which units are you doing?
How are you feeling?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucyx
How are you feeling?

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Philosophy, religious studies and theology forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=133
Original post by lucyx
How are you feeling?

I am doing AS Edecel RS on Thursday not the the OCR one. I am doing ethics and buddhism. What about you?
Reply 3
Can't tell if this is a silly question or not but what do you mean by what units are you doing? Or are there other units asides from Philosophy or Religion?

But anyway I'm freaking out a little bit I feel completely unprepared although I've already sat this exam, so I don't technically need to even pass.
In ethics I am going (hopefully) answer questions on situation ethics and Just war. We do utilitarianism, situation ethics, just war, sexaul ethics and religion and morality in AS. In A2 we do virtue ethics, deontology, natural moral law and justice law and punishmnt.
I sat the AS exam exam last year and I got a C but I want to go one better.
Original post by rachrl03
Can't tell if this is a silly question or not but what do you mean by what units are you doing? Or are there other units asides from Philosophy or Religion?

But anyway I'm freaking out a little bit I feel completely unprepared although I've already sat this exam, so I don't technically need to even pass.

Yeah there are other units too aside from Philosophy of religion. I'm also doing the Islam unit. Anyone else?:]
Reply 6
I'm doing Islam and Philosophy of Religion... So scared :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by pakhtungem
Yeah there are other units too aside from Philosophy of religion. I'm also doing the Islam unit. Anyone else?:]

Yep! Which topics do you like/dislike? What do you think could come up?
Original post by lucyx
I'm doing Islam and Philosophy of Religion... So scared :s-smilie:

Omg I'm so scared too. How have you been revising like? And do you know the predictions for the Islam unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyx
Yep! Which topics do you like/dislike? What do you think could come up?

I like pre Islamic Arabia, life of prophet, sura 1&96, mosque.dislike topics about 5 pillars, kalam argument wbu? And I have no idea what is going to come up!:dontknow::erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Omg I'm so scared too. How have you been revising like? And do you know the predictions for the Islam unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've made notes but now have to get around to actually learning them... :s-smilie: and I really have no idea what might come up - my teachers never give predictions as they then worry that we won't spend time learning all of it!
What about you?
I'm hoping maybe for something on the Qur'an or pre-Islamic Arabia?
Not so keen on Surahs 1 and 96...
Reply 11
I like pre Islamic Arabia, life of prophet, sura 1&96, mosque.dislike topics about 5 pillars, kalam argument wbu? And I have no idea what is going to come up!:dontknow::erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you been told to learn Qur'an quotes and/or quotes from scholars??
Original post by lucyx
I've made notes but now have to get around to actually learning them... :s-smilie: and I really have no idea what might come up - my teachers never give predictions as they then worry that we won't spend time learning all of it!
What about you?
I'm hoping maybe for something on the Qur'an or pre-Islamic Arabia?
Not so keen on Surahs 1 and 96...

Have you done past paper Q's? And same I need to memorise my notes now!! And we've just been told to learn sura 1&96. And some quotes from the prophet about 5 pillars.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Have you done past paper Q's? And same I need to memorise my notes now!! And we've just been told to learn sura 1&96. And some quotes from the prophet about 5 pillars.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did one on Salat-ul-Jumu'ah this morning, and have been doing some in note form but without books...
I hate learning quotes - I can just about learn concepts and ideas but exact quotes are horrid :s-smilie:
Are you also doing philosophy?
Original post by lucyx
I did one on Salat-ul-Jumu'ah this morning, and have been doing some in note form but without books...
I hate learning quotes - I can just about learn concepts and ideas but exact quotes are horrid :s-smilie:
Are you also doing philosophy?

Ooh yeah I tried that question. How did you find it? And same I don't like wasting time doing lots in timed conditions, prefer planning responses and checking mark scheme. And nope I'm doing a2. But re-sitting AS Islam from last year :frown: (hardly revised for it last year)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Ooh yeah I tried that question. How did you find it? And same I don't like wasting time doing lots in timed conditions, prefer planning responses and checking mark scheme. And nope I'm doing a2. But re-sitting AS Islam from last year :frown: (hardly revised for it last year)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I'm sure you'll do better this time! I do find there is quite a lot of content for RS :frown:
Probs the best thing to do is to learn all the Arabic words so you sound clever...
Original post by lucyx
Ah I'm sure you'll do better this time! I do find there is quite a lot of content for RS :frown:
Probs the best thing to do is to learn all the Arabic words so you sound clever...

Thanks! Lol if only it was that easy. How do you answer your part B's? Do you have a certain technique?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Doing Judiasm - tomorrow's jewish scriptures exam - v nervouSSS
Reply 18
I am! I'm doing Christianity. My dream paper would be Judeo-Christian philosophy, Plato, Aristotle and the Teleological argument. I am just not bothering with the moral argument as I cant mix philosophy with ethics and psychology.

Oh my bad, thanks for letting me know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending